Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 02-26-2008, 05:01 AM   #1
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation
Default Amir Johnson Needs to Bulk Up

He is always struggling to get position for offensive rebounds or to seal his man off on defense.

Luckily he does pretty well just by jumping higher but I think with an added 20pounds thinks would go a lot easier for him.

He's still very young so I still believe he will a be a double double block machine.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:14 PM   #2
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Amir Johnson Needs to Bulk Up

I think this offseason he will be hitting the weights and next year he will be bigger. He's young and still has some growing to do.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:43 AM   #3
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yeah hes obviously way too skinny to play the 5 full time (really even the 4). he'll bulk up but hopefully not too much since his hops are a huge mismatch for most bigs. How many times a year will he go against a big like shaq or dho? it was pretty funny watching him battle shaq for positioning on sunday
boozehound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:17 PM   #4
final.wrath
Banned

I'm not sure a frontcourt of Amir and Maxiell will ever be something we can build on.

One of them prolly has to go within a few years. They are both 4's and I don't see Amir growing into the 5.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:09 AM   #5
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

and that is why we have samb!?!
boozehound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:18 PM   #6
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Patrick27 has an OK reputation so far

Positions are getting weird in today's NBA. Many teams line up with two undersized players at the 4-5 (Harrington/Diaw as centers?!?), while others use a traditional center. You almost have to consider having the following on your team (with examples):

-Tall, bulky center (Davis/Brezec/Ratliff)
-Quick runner/shotblocker (Johnson/Samb)
-Rebounder/banger/enforcer (Maxiell/McDyess)
-Big with range (Wallace)

I think there's certainly a place for everyone on the team. Samb or Johnson needs to bulk up, because those are the two I see as redundant. Wallace will be toughest to replace down the road.
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:34 PM   #7
final.wrath
Banned

Amir has really dissapointed me so far. He gets pushed around in the post and seems clueless most of the time.

I thought he was going to bust out with near double double stats off the bench and eventually move into the starting lineup. instead Maxiell has outshone him in every way.

This was the guy GMs were raving about last summer. ESPN magazine even did an article on him.

What gives, Amir? Reach into your potential, bulk the hell up, and show us the BBall monster that you are.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:09 PM   #8
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Patrick27 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
Amir has really dissapointed me so far. He gets pushed around in the post and seems clueless most of the time.

I thought he was going to bust out with near double double stats off the bench and eventually move into the starting lineup. instead Maxiell has outshone him in every way.

This was the guy GMs were raving about last summer. ESPN magazine even did an article on him.

What gives, Amir? Reach into your potential, bulk the hell up, and show us the BBall monster that you are.

Only do this if you want Amir to switch from Quick, Runner/Shotblocker into Tall, Bulky Center or Rebounder/Banger/Enforcer. Right now, I'm happy with the skillset he has, and he fits a role very well.

Age will turn him into one of the other two roles, as his athleticism goes. Why rush it? He's a bench player for now, and we need high energy and athleticism on that squad.

What's the rush? He's still only 20 years old.
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: