Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 08-09-2006, 10:15 PM   #1
ShotCallah
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Question Is Bibby Overpaid???

What it do ballaz??

Wat do u all think of the Bibbinator!?!? Overpaid?!?!?! Underpaid!?!??! Or he jus plain up sux?!?!?!
ShotCallah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:49 AM   #2
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Well, he makes a hell of a lot of money. I guess he's overpaid, but he also performs when the kings need him to and if the Kings hadn't had him last season the team would've been in the lottery. I'd still take him at his current salary, he's a top 10(maybe top 5) PG and those are real. He can create for his teammates or score. He's pretty versatile but then again he's a defensive liability.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:22 AM   #3
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Thumbs down Raise your entrails as an offer....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Well, he makes a hell of a lot of money. I guess he's overpaid, but he also performs when the kings need him to and if the Kings hadn't had him last season the team would've been in the lottery. I'd still take him at his current salary, he's a top 10(maybe top 5) PG and those are real. He can create for his teammates or score. He's pretty versatile but then again he's a defensive liability.

Only knock on Mike is his defense....
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:21 PM   #4
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

theres more to it than a lack of defense. Bibby is a scoring guard, he's not really a set up type of guy. For the amount of time he handles the ball, he should have a lot more assists.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:14 PM   #5
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
theres more to it than a lack of defense. Bibby is a scoring guard, he's not really a set up type of guy. For the amount of time he handles the ball, he should have a lot more assists.

I really think it was the way our team has been built lately and the type of offense Adelman uses. I mean in the glory days with Webber, Divac, etc. you had some really good players like Doug and Vlade but they weren't scorers. They were really creative passers that did other things too. The offense had like Webber, Vlade, Christie passing the ball while Peja and Mike got themselves open.

When Mike was a grizzlie and the season Brad broke his leg while Chris and Doug got traded Mike really started to put up more assists. He got WAY more actually. Then this season our only good passer was Brad(and Ron but he wasn't here for half of the season) and nobody else could create their shot too well either(Bonzi and Reef are both pretty good in the post, but they have no handles or shooting abillity). Mike was the only guy who could hit the open 3s besides Kevin. It was up to Mike to score the points from the perimeter or else everybody down low couldn't work because defenses collapsed on them. If we had some better shooters on this team Mike could drive again instead of having to stay at the 3 point line/run around on the perimeter while people post up. Hopefully with a new coach, Bonzi's departure, and a few more offseason moves that'll change.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 07:48 PM   #6
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

im just hoping "a few more offseason moves" will actually come
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 04:35 PM   #7
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Lightbulb To tell you...

To tell you the truth...Mike bibby is the real face of the Kings...but he gets no credit, but he doesn't care because he's casual like that.

Anyways, Mike getting paid this much...I would say it's fair since he has to do so much...I don't think any human being should be getting paid that much but that's how our country works...

Lol anyways, if he gets injured and starts playing crappy, he'll be considered overrpaid.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:52 AM   #8
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

No, but hes underrated and deserves to be on a championship team.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 05:49 PM   #9
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Arrow Only we can breathe...

If Mike Bibby was on a championship team right now...he would excell like crazy you don't even know..Mike was always good being 2nd or 3rd option...last season he had to be mostly the 1st option.

Let's see..If Mike was on Miami...He'll be draining 3's getting fed by the teet of Shaq...

Dallas.....It'd just be what Jason Terry did and is doing....except JT is more athletic...

Spurs....Tim duncan will breast feed him with open shots...

Basically...Mike needs a Big man to kick it out to him or someone who can drive and kick it out...

Last edited by Kiss Murder : 08-14-2006 at 05:52 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: