Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 03-13-2012, 09:22 PM   #1
305Baller
LeBron's ex-girlfriend

305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board
Default Something else I hate.

Having to defend someone that lives in the post when your game is based on being in the perimeter... it is so tiring and my mindset starts becoming post-oriented... which means I waste all of my energy in there and my jumpshit suffers ahhhhhh!!!!
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:22 AM   #2
C_lake2802
I airball my layups

C_lake2802 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Something else I hate.

Just life in street ball. I find myself at times guarding people way bigger than me in the post. I Usually i just use my athleticism to get blocks and rebounds.And on the offensive pretty much always face up my defender. U just gotta know your game,thinking that your gonna lose your jump shot cuz your defending the post means you think to much about your jump shot already

In all do what you can and take it as a challenge to adapt another aspect to your game even if it is post defense/offense..and even if your a perimeter player bigger guards may take you to the post to...then what??
C_lake2802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:25 AM   #3
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just play some physical defense againts these taller post players. You should not be intimidated by the size and strength. I am also a perimeter player, But I also defended PF/C at the posts because I have a longer wingspan.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #4
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Pushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I hate it too. I like to play out of the post but I hate defending in the post.

It just f*cking sucks.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm trying something new with my post defense this year. I'm sure it's routine for many of you, but I think in the past I tended to be more of a "front and deny then play from there" type of guy. This year, I'm trying to add another element, that is to apply force and attempt to move my offensive player just a little bit further away from the basket prior to entry. I underestimated that maneuver in the past, but that extra foot or two (if I can get it) will make a significant difference when they attempt to complete their moves around the bucket.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: