Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-05-2008, 03:03 AM   #1
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

Default Luke and Vlad

What is it in Luke that Phil keeps on using him so much out there? I don't get it. Even when he's not that great for so many games already, Phil still use him (kinda like the old days with Smush & Kwame).

Luke even said he's not in great shape...ok, fine, that should be a sign not to use him much. He is just so sloooooooowww out there.

Is Phil just doing Luke's father a favor or something?

I'm not saying just this because of today's game. I've been watching...hoping hoping hoping they prove me wrong, but more and more it just seems like those guys need to back to D League or cut back their minutes.

Last edited by kobesabi : 03-05-2008 at 03:07 AM.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 03:09 AM   #2
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

Default Re: Luke and Vlad

Luke did have a couple of good plays there.
As soon as he is back to health...Luke will be the Luke we all know and love.

Looked like Lamar had a rough time with Artest though.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 03:17 AM   #3
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
Luke did have a couple of good plays there.
As soon as he is back to health...Luke will be the Luke we all know and love.

Looked like Lamar had a rough time with Artest though.
That's the keyword "couple of good games". Not majority of the games. If it's that bad, why is Phil still putting him in the start up or use him more than other guys. Where shots I think Turiaf could have nailed it better than him.

Yeah, Lamar did seem to struggle with Artest...especially when he can't guard him and trail behind him like what Nash did to Smush and the rest of the rookies back then. I hope he works hard to figure out what tactics to conquer those weakness.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:41 AM   #4
ZeN

So... who would expect for Phil to fill in for luke?

Because yes luke is injured and is being stalled by nagging ailments.. but..

who should replace him?

The only other option to include in the game is VRad, if you want to make the ajustment.. yet.. he is injured also, and as we saw last night, Vlad seems to be lagging much on the court. It could be a direct effect of that leg strain.

And there is only so much time that phil can use KB at the four, plus you have to account for match up problems with other teams.

All this talking really says, is how much we miss Trevor A. He was looking like a very attractive option, until he broke his bone. And last night on KCAL they mentioned that Ariza may come back at the start of the playoffs or maybe not at all. Thats how bad his injury is healing.

So... i dont image the lakers having much flexibility on that front at this point in time...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 04:53 PM   #5
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobesabi
That's the keyword "couple of good games". Not majority of the games. If it's that bad, why is Phil still putting him in the start up or use him more than other guys. Where shots I think Turiaf could have nailed it better than him.

They have been starting him because of all their injuries. Vlad was out, Ariza is uncertain, not to mention Luke has not been 100% at all in some time. But yea maybe they should start turiaf, get Odom used to playing the 3 when Bynum comes back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobesabi
Yeah, Lamar did seem to struggle with Artest...especially when he can't guard him and trail behind him like what Nash did to Smush and the rest of the rookies back then. I hope he works hard to figure out what tactics to conquer those weakness..

Artest was just on fire. If you watch Odom defending Artest, he was playing him very well. Sticking to him and keeping in front of him. A lot of shots artest made on Odom were just great shots. Some plays he couldnt defend any better. I dont think Turiaf wouldve done much better.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 05:41 PM   #6
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

LUKE.....

I saw him in the offseason and it looked like the only trainig he was doing was lifting a box of Doughnuts.

Kobe, Ariza, D-Fish, Mo Evans all looked rock solid and obviously had been training hard. We know Bynum was working hard.
When I saw Luke....knowing his history there was no doubt he was going to get injured. He needs to step it up and start taking it seriously that he is an athlete and must train like one.......instead of acting like he automatically has a spot on the team no matter what because of his dad...........Luke is a great person....but he's a pampered slacker.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:51 AM   #7
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
So... who would expect for Phil to fill in for luke?

Because yes luke is injured and is being stalled by nagging ailments.. but..

who should replace him?
Turiaf. I think he's even quicker than Luke right now.
Quote:
The only other option to include in the game is VRad, if you want to make the ajustment.. yet.. he is injured also, and as we saw last night, Vlad seems to be lagging much on the court. It could be a direct effect of that leg strain.

And there is only so much time that phil can use KB at the four, plus you have to account for match up problems with other teams.

All this talking really says, is how much we miss Trevor A. He was looking like a very attractive option, until he broke his bone. And last night on KCAL they mentioned that Ariza may come back at the start of the playoffs or maybe not at all. Thats how bad his injury is healing.

So... i dont image the lakers having much flexibility on that front at this point in time...
I very much can't wait for Ariza to come back cuz I'm tired of hearing excuses from VRad. Since we got him, how much does he really play for us? The pattern shows 1/2 a season. That is like what Lamar makes for half a season. That is not cool or fair to the other guys and Lamar.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:53 AM   #8
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
LUKE.....

I saw him in the offseason and it looked like the only trainig he was doing was lifting a box of Doughnuts.

Kobe, Ariza, D-Fish, Mo Evans all looked rock solid and obviously had been training hard. We know Bynum was working hard.
When I saw Luke....knowing his history there was no doubt he was going to get injured. He needs to step it up and start taking it seriously that he is an athlete and must train like one.......instead of acting like he automatically has a spot on the team no matter what because of his dad...........Luke is a great person....but he's a pampered slacker.
Yea, I remember while other guys were working, Luke was tending his restaurant in some interview. I don't know if that really is a break or make his whatever excuses worse.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: