Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 03-06-2008, 12:21 AM   #451
KenneBell
What set you claim?

KenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Lebron James and Kobe Bryant C0 MVP of the regular season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob Saibot

Let Kobe Jordan have his MVP, it's the Finals Trophy i'm concerned about.
I'm pretty sure that's what most elite players are concerned about.

Kobe's got a few external advantages(better team, record, etc.) to help out his MVP case. The fact that he's pretty much operating at a high level with 9 fingers adds to this.
KenneBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:23 AM   #452
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers Fan
My bet is Obama would be on the inside when they spoon.

Yes We Can!
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:27 AM   #453
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

It would be great, but there has never been a co -mvp for the regular season, and I dont think they will start now. Fans just need to keep things in perspective thats all. I dont care if Kobe or Lebron get it, it's not like that helps the Lakers or Cavs win a title or anything.

The NBA will prob choose Paul so they can cop out and not choose between the two best players
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:33 AM   #454
FrankBrickowski
Can barely lace up my sneakers

FrankBrickowski has an OK reputation so far

I think there are a few deserving candidates. In fact, in some instances it may be too close to call. For this reason I submit the idea that the criteria be changed to a "less is more" stance, and shock the world with your new MVP Eddy "Butter in my Coffee" Curry
FrankBrickowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:38 AM   #455
catquickspider
Serious playground baller

catquickspider has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
For the first time in the history of the NBA i personally think that the NBA Should give the awards to these 2 great NBA players because they are playing one of the best rivalry of all time, and i do not want to see their fans argue at the end of the season because i personally think that both of them are playing on a higher level that are far Superior than the last 4 MVP Winners in the NBA.

what I am wondering is why lebron should not be penalized for a mediocre record in a weak conference? Why should the MVP criteria be changed all of a sudden?
catquickspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:39 AM   #456
ChrisConley
Local High School Star

ChrisConley has an OK reputation so far

LeBron can't win MVP. His team will not get enough wins. It doesn't matter what kind of stats he puts up because the definition of MVP in this day and age is best player on a top team. I think this makes sense too. If you play on a garbage team, and you are a top tier player, of course you will put up better stats than if you have other great players on your team. If LeBron dragged his sorry team to 50 wins then he might have an argument (like AI when he won it). But that won't happen, so he's not really even in the race no matter what Kelly Dwyer says.

The only two players in contention in my eyes are Kobe and Chris Paul. But Paul gets no press so I think Kobe will win in a landslide. However, I think Paul is having a more impressive season than Kobe, so I vote for Paul.

Though I support Paul, if Kobe won I'd be just as happy. He really does deserve it and I think he should have won at least one by now so he's due. I'm not saying that's why he should win it (he should win it b/c he's playing amazing and his team is on fire), just saying I'd love it if he did because he should have at least one by now.
ChrisConley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:00 AM   #457
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

LOL why is this stickied?
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:02 AM   #458
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
LOL why is this stickied?
I was wondering the same thing.

What are the mods doing?

EDIT: I see they merged a bunch of redundant threads. Good job, guys.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:05 AM   #459
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

jo3y91 has an OK reputation so far

theyve merged alot of threads its hard to keep track atm lol.

it wont happen though considering its the media that votes whos MVP and who isnt. no chance theyll both get the exact same amount of votes.
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:09 AM   #460
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

I'm going to repost this, because it may have gotten lost in the shuffle:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisConley
LeBron can't win MVP. His team will not get enough wins. It doesn't matter what kind of stats he puts up because the definition of MVP in this day and age is best player on a top team. I think this makes sense too. If you play on a garbage team, and you are a top tier player, of course you will put up better stats than if you have other great players on your team. If LeBron dragged his sorry team to 50 wins then he might have an argument (like AI when he won it). But that won't happen, so he's not really even in the race no matter what Kelly Dwyer says.

The only two players in contention in my eyes are Kobe and Chris Paul. But Paul gets no press so I think Kobe will win in a landslide. However, I think Paul is having a more impressive season than Kobe, so I vote for Paul.

Though I support Paul, if Kobe won I'd be just as happy. He really does deserve it and I think he should have won at least one by now so he's due. I'm not saying that's why he should win it (he should win it b/c he's playing amazing and his team is on fire), just saying I'd love it if he did because he should have at least one by now.
Actually, I think it is more likely than not that the Cavs will achieve the 50 win mark. Cleveland is currently 35-26.

Here is their remaining schedule:

Thursday, March 6: @ Chicago
Saturday, March 8: vs Indiana
Monday, March 10: vs Portland
Wednesday, March 12: @ New Jersey
Thursday, March 13: @ Washington
Sunday, March 16: vs Charlotte
Monday, March 17: @ Orlando
Wednesday, March 19: vs Detroit
Friday, March 21: vs Toronto
Saturday, March 22: @ Milwaukee
Wednesday, March 26: vs New Orleans
Saturday, March 29: @ Detroit
Sunday, March 30: vs Philadelphia
Wednesday, April 2: @ Charlotte
Thursday, April 3: vs Chicago
Saturday, April 5: vs Orlando
Wednesday, April 9: vs New Jersey
Friday, April 11: @ Chicago
Sunday, April 13: vs Miami
Monday, April 14: @ Philadelphia
Wednesday, April 16: vs Detroit

The Cavs need to just go 15-6 in these final 21 games. That seems VERY possible, to me. That is especially true when you consider that they have gone 5-2 since the big trade and that has been without some key pieces (Big Z, Gibson, Pavlovic).

When those guys get healthy, this will be a team to be reckoned with. Z is due back next week. Gibson and Pavlovic will both be back in the next two weeks.

Also, the more games that these new guys play together, the better they will become. Szczerbiak has yet to have a really good shooting night. Delonte is still finding his way. Joe Smith will continue to grow in his role (he has been fantastic). Wallace will just be asked to get rebounds and play good help defense (he has done both very well since joining the team).

When looking at this schedule, I could actually see the Cavs winning more than 50 games... Maybe around 52.

Unless something catastrophic happens, I don't think 50 wins will be much of a problem.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:09 AM   #461
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Actually, I think it is more likely than not that the Cavs will achieve the 50 win mark. Cleveland is currently 35-26.

Here is their remaining schedule:

Thursday, March 6: @ Chicago W
Saturday, March 8: vs Indiana W
'Monday, March 10: vs Portland L
Wednesday, March 12: @ New Jersey W
Thursday, March 13: @ Washington W
Sunday, March 16: vs Charlotte W
Monday, March 17: @ Orlando L
Wednesday, March 19: vs Detroit L
Friday, March 21: vs Toronto W
Saturday, March 22: @ Milwaukee W
Wednesday, March 26: vs New Orleans L
Saturday, March 29: @ Detroit L
Sunday, March 30: vs Philadelphia W
Wednesday, April 2: @ Charlotte W
Thursday, April 3: vs Chicago W
Saturday, April 5: vs Orlando L
Wednesday, April 9: vs New Jersey W
Friday, April 11: @ Chicago W
Sunday, April 13: vs Miami W
Monday, April 14: @ Philadelphia W
Wednesday, April 16: vs Detroit L

The Cavs need to just go 15-6 in these final 21 games. That seems VERY possible, to me. That is especially true when you consider that they have gone 5-2 since the big trade and that has been without some key pieces (Big Z, Gibson, Pavlovic).

Unless something catastrophic happens, I don't think 50 wins will be much of a problem.

They would have to beat every team they would have to beat. and steal one game from a decent team. Its possible but i see them landing at 48 maybe
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:11 AM   #462
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN
They would have to beat every team they would have to beat. and steal one game from a decent team. Its possible but i see them landing at 48 maybe
You see them losing twice to Orlando and to Portland at home? I disagree with those. They will probably lose one or two that they aren't supposed to, but they will probably win one or two that aren't predicted, as well.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:22 AM   #463
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
You see them losing twice to Orlando and to Portland at home? I disagree with those. They will probably lose one or two that they aren't supposed to, but they will probably win one or two that aren't predicted, as well.

i just put losses next to the teams i think are better than the cavs. i wouldnt be surprised if they take all the games against detroit. they pave the way to the basket for bron every game.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:45 AM   #464
kidachi

http://www.dailymotion.com/Grdgez/vi...p-this-s_sport

Kobe-LeBron MVP debate..
Old 03-06-2008, 02:55 AM   #465
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidachi
God... that debate was straight terrible. Mahorn couldn't debate his way out of a paper bag and the other guy was just plain annoying. Those two wouldn't last 10 minutes on ISH.

Just terrible...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: