Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 03-12-2008, 01:48 AM   #766
KINGD
Banned

KINGD has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Lebron James vs Kobe Bryant, in the season, in MVP talk, more

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Really? His shooting percentage shot up from 46.4% to 47% after a 12-20 performance from the field? That doesn't seem possible.

Dude I rounded. Like LBJ averaging 31 when he's "really" at 30.8.
KINGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:48 AM   #767
KenneBell
What set you claim?

KenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Which season was that?

02-03. Maybe his best season statisically.
KenneBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:49 AM   #768
KINGD
Banned

Quote:
Which season was that?

We'll see... I'm anxious to see how Kobe plays in the post-season. I'm not just referring to tonight's game. It is something I have noticed all season long (and it is supported by 82games.com). Kobe does not drive to the hoop NEARLY as much as he did even two years ago.

I'll watch with great interested as the season kicks into another gear next month. I really want to see if this where Kobe's play is headed or if he is truly 'saving' his 'attacking' style for the biggest stage.

He averaged 30/7/6/2/1 in 02-03....
Old 03-12-2008, 01:50 AM   #769
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Which season was that?

We'll see... I'm anxious to see how Kobe plays in the post-season. I'm not just referring to tonight's game. It is something I have noticed all season long (and it is supported by 82games.com). Kobe does not drive to the hoop NEARLY as much as he did even two years ago.

I'll watch with great interested as the season kicks into another gear next month. I really want to see if this where Kobe's play is headed or if he is truly 'saving' his 'attacking' style for the biggest stage.
well look at it like this, he is two years older now and has a lot of miles on those legs, it's only wise to shoot the jumper and avoid the pounding if you can...plus he hasn't missed a game this year

kobes been in the league alot of years now 12 to be exact. trust me when lebrons been in the league 12 years he'll be a little more thoughful of what he subjects his body too, add kobe's has had a couple knee surgeries and still logs alot of minutes and is looking at being ready to hopefully go deep into the playoffs..
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:50 AM   #770
KINGD
Banned

He also had 19 40+ pt games that year...Including 9 in a row.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:54 AM   #771
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGD
Dude I rounded. Like LBJ averaging 31 when he's "really" at 30.8.
Rounding up from 30.8 to 31 is reasonable. Rounding up from 46.4% to 47% is not. In this instance, you are supposed to 'round down,' in fact.

Quote:
He averaged 30/7/6/2/1 in 02-03....
I guess... If, once again, you round up EVERY statistical category. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but his shooting percentage was not all that great that season (could be wrong... going off the top of my head).
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:56 AM   #772
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

exact numbers in 02-03

30.0/6.9/5.9/2.2/0.8 ... 45.1% FG

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/...DMVbqI3LmkvLYF

Last edited by hotsizzle : 03-12-2008 at 01:58 AM.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:01 AM   #773
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
well look at it like this, he is two years older now and has a lot of miles on those legs, it's only wise to shoot the jumper and avoid the pounding if you can...plus he hasn't missed a game this year

kobes been in the league alot of years now 12 to be exact. trust me when lebrons been in the league 12 years he'll be a little more thoughful of what he subjects his body too, add kobe's has had a couple knee surgeries and still logs alot of minutes and is looking at being ready to hopefully go deep into the playoffs..
This is what I was implying in my previous posts. Although he is still young, I believe we are starting to see some of that mileage have an effect on Kobe's game.

Don't get me wrong... I expect the same to happen to Bron and the others. These guys that go straight from high school to the NBA are going to have an entirely different arc on their careers than the guys that came into the league at 22 or 23.

Kobe is still pretty young in age, but you only have so many 82 game seasons in your body. Age, really, has little to do with it.

I'm just wondering if this is the Kobe that we will see for the remainder of his career (including playoffs). Just how much more mileage does he have on those legs to be playing at the most elite level?

I don't know the answers... just asking the questions. I do think we will see Kobe's peak years come to an end by his early 30s, though. As a matter of fact, I can't help but wonder if we have already seen the 'peak' of Bryant, as far as individual dominance goes.

Obviously, he is playing much better in other areas (basketball IQ, sharing the ball, picking his spots, better shot selection), but is he reaching the stage where his absolute best, as an individual, is behind him?

I don't know... I guess we'll just have to see.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 03-12-2008 at 02:05 AM.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:02 AM   #774
KINGD
Banned

Quote:
Rounding up from 30.8 to 31 is reasonable. Rounding up from 46.4% to 47% is not. In this instance, you are supposed to 'round down,' in fact.

I guess... If, once again, you round up EVERY statistical category. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but his shooting percentage was not all that great that season (could be wrong... going off the top of my head).

Er I'm pretty sure after tonights 12/20 he's at 46.6. Which is rounded to 47%.
Er sorry but the majority of people DO round up. Its .1 for Gods sake.Christ.
Kobe that year had percantages of 45% from field 38% from3 and 86% from line.Very solid.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:03 AM   #775
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
exact numbers in 02-03

30.0/6.9/5.9/2.2/0.8 ... 45.1% FG

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/...DMVbqI3LmkvLYF
45% isn't bad. Not great but not bad and certainly not his worst shooting season.

That is a LeBron-esque statline for a season (except the shooting percentage, though his foul shooting was far superior, I'm sure).
Old 03-12-2008, 02:05 AM   #776
KINGD
Banned

He also made 1st team All NBA- defensive team. Wow. That was a nice season.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:13 AM   #777
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
He also made 1st team All NBA- defensive team. Wow. That was a nice season.
No doubt that it was a great statistical season.

It sort of puts into perspective just how unique this season LeBron is having, though.

31/8+/7+/2/1 on 49% shooting and playing defense good enough to be considered for the All-NBA defensive team.

Plus, the Cavs are 10 games over .500 and 17 games over .500 in games that LeBron plays in... that is pretty good.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:15 AM   #778
KINGD
Banned

Quote:
No doubt that it was a great statistical season.

It sort of puts into perspective just how unique this season LeBron is having, though.

31/8+/7+/2/1 on 49% shooting and playing defense good enough to be considered for the All-NBA defensive team.

Plus, the Cavs are 10 games over .500 and 17 games over .500 in games that LeBron plays in... that is pretty good.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:37 AM   #779
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Quote:
45% isn't bad. Not great but not bad and certainly not his worst shooting season.

That is a LeBron-esque statline for a season (except the shooting percentage, though his foul shooting was far superior, I'm sure).

His TS% that season is equal to that of Bron this year.
Also you have to consider Kobe played legit All-Defensive 1st team defense.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:41 AM   #780
Tainted Sword
World Champion WOOOO~!

Tainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts

This is true, Kobe hasn't forgotten to drive, he just only does it when it's absolutely needed. Take the Phx and dallas game for example, when it mattered, he pounded the paint at every chance.
Tainted Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: