Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2008, 12:34 PM   #1051
KenneBell
What set you claim?
 
KenneBell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the green like a crouton.
Posts: 5,755
Default Re: Lebron James vs Kobe Bryant, in the season, in MVP talk, more

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chosen One
wtf dude? like you said, "you have no basis for that statement". anyway, i suppose bron may has something to say, given the fact that he has been the most clutchest player this season by far and he has shutdown/killed Kobe, obviously better than baron or ellis
Baron and Ellis are a lot smaller and quicker than Kobe is. They would be a very tough matchup for LeBron. LeBron doesn't have the lateral quickness Kobe has on defense right now.
KenneBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:49 PM   #1052
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?
 
bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 11,928
Default Re: Lebron James vs Kobe Bryant, in the season, in MVP talk, more

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chosen One
wtf dude? like you said, "you have no basis for that statement". anyway, i suppose bron may has something to say, given the fact that he has been the most clutchest player this season by far and he has shutdown/killed Kobe, obviously better than baron or ellis

Both Baron and Ellis are too quick for Lebron, imo, wayyy too quick. After all, Lebron is a 3. Lebron has become a decent defender, but he cannot guard quick PGs (nor should he have to).
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:52 PM   #1053
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?
 
bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 11,928
Default Re: Lebron James vs Kobe Bryant, in the season, in MVP talk, more

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenneBell
Baron and Ellis are a lot smaller and quicker than Kobe is. They would be a very tough matchup for LeBron. LeBron doesn't have the lateral quickness Kobe has on defense right now.

that was exactly my point.
Indeed, I found it interesting that Phil Jackson put Kobe on Baron (their PG) the entire game instead of on Ellis (their SG). Why? Because ELLIS is actually quicker than Baron. Kobe might have done a better job than DFish did on Ellis, but it would have exhausted Kobe.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:59 PM   #1054
KenneBell
What set you claim?
 
KenneBell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the green like a crouton.
Posts: 5,755
Default Re: Lebron James vs Kobe Bryant, in the season, in MVP talk, more

Yup. Monte and Barbosa are probably the two quickest wing players in the league. Blinding speed.
KenneBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:07 PM   #1055
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,040
Default Re: Lebron James vs Kobe Bryant, in the season, in MVP talk, more

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
Both Baron and Ellis are too quick for Lebron, imo, wayyy too quick. After all, Lebron is a 3. Lebron has become a decent defender, but he cannot guard quick PGs (nor should he have to).
I take it you did not see the Cavs-Warriors game earlier this year in which Baron was beasting for three quarters, LeBron switched onto him in the fourth quarter and he did NOTHING. LeBron actually has a history of being good defensively against smaller, quick point guards. He is fast enough to stay in front of them and they have a very difficult time getting shots over him.

LeBron has locked down Baron a few times in his young career. That is the main reason that the Cavs have been so successful against the Warriors the past 2 seasons.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:23 PM   #1056
KINGD
Banned
 
KINGD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,094
Default Re: Lebron James vs Kobe Bryant, in the season, in MVP talk, more

BTW Kobe is clearly on the decline. His jumper has been off all year because he's not getting the same lift/seperation anymore.It sucks too see but its true. I mean friggin Azubike(who?) was damn near blocking/heavily contesting his shot all night.
KINGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:31 PM   #1057
Brunch@Five
College superstar
 
Brunch@Five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,595
Default Re: Lebron James vs Kobe Bryant, in the season, in MVP talk, more

Kobe groupies are hysterical. Kobe on the decline? He's playing his best defense ever, distributes the ball like in the early 3peat years, and though his scoring is down to 28 ppg, it's on improved efficiency.

Don't sh!t your pants because he's not scoring 40+ regularly anymore. He's playing better overall basketball now.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:35 PM   #1058
KINGD
Banned
 
KINGD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,094
Default Re: Lebron James vs Kobe Bryant, in the season, in MVP talk, more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
Kobe groupies are hysterical. Kobe on the decline? He's playing his best defense ever, distributes the ball like in the early 3peat years, and though his scoring is down to 28 ppg, it's on improved efficiency.

Don't sh!t your pants because he's not scoring 40+ regularly anymore. He's playing better overall basketball now.

Don't be a fool. He's still great but his elavation/speed/quickness are clearly not the same. I think anybody whose watched Laker games this year knows Kobe is'nt finding things quite as easily.But agree to disagree.
KINGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:41 PM   #1059
Brunch@Five
College superstar
 
Brunch@Five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,595
Default Re: Lebron James vs Kobe Bryant, in the season, in MVP talk, more

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGD
Don't be a fool. He's still great but his elavation/speed/quickness are clearly not the same. I think anybody whose watched Laker games this year knows Kobe is'nt finding things quite as easily.But agree to disagree.

I agree he's beyond his peak athletically, but not overall. He's defending, distributing, rebounding and leading better than in past years. Only thing he's doing worse is scoring.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:44 PM   #1060
KINGD
Banned
 
KINGD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,094
Default Re: Lebron James vs Kobe Bryant, in the season, in MVP talk, more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
I agree he's beyond his peak athletically, but not overall. He's defending, distributing, rebounding and leading better than in past years. Only thing he's doing worse is scoring.

Indeed.
KINGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:48 PM   #1061
KenneBell
What set you claim?
 
KenneBell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the green like a crouton.
Posts: 5,755
Default Re: Lebron James vs Kobe Bryant, in the season, in MVP talk, more

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGD
BTW Kobe is clearly on the decline. His jumper has been off all year because he's not getting the same lift/seperation anymore.It sucks too see but its true. I mean friggin Azubike(who?) was damn near blocking/heavily contesting his shot all night.
I don't think it was off all year. It looked pretty during that time when Kwame was traded and when he hurt his finger. He shot 51% through February.

I think his finger is what's affecting him most. This free throw shooting has been on the decline lately. Also remember that it's the end of the season. His legs are probably pretty tired.

While he's past his peak athletically, I think he actually looks a bit quicker this year on offense and defense. His jumping ability has decreased though.
KenneBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:51 AM   #1062
demons2005
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,421
Default Re: Lebron James vs Kobe Bryant, in the season, in MVP talk, more

lebron can forget about it after tonight. What a coldblooded dominate performance in the 4th by Kobe. If they don't give it to Kobe I'm done following the NBA
demons2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 01:44 AM   #1063
Justinxpx109
Serious playground baller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 312
Default Re: Lebron James vs Kobe Bryant, in the season, in MVP talk, more

Quote:
Originally Posted by demons2005
lebron can forget about it after tonight. What a coldblooded dominate performance in the 4th by Kobe. If they don't give it to Kobe I'm done following the NBA
Kobe almost lost the game for us in the end with poor shot selection. Lamar Odom won the game for the Lakers with 23 points 21 rebounds. This game didn't help Kobe's mvp chances at all.
Justinxpx109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 01:50 AM   #1064
demons2005
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,421
Default Re: Lebron James vs Kobe Bryant, in the season, in MVP talk, more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinxpx109
Kobe almost lost the game for us in the end with poor shot selection. Lamar Odom won the game for the Lakers with 23 points 21 rebounds. This game didn't help Kobe's mvp chances at all.
i wrote this in the 4th when he was bringing them back in the game. look at the timestamp
demons2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 02:07 AM   #1065
Justinxpx109
Serious playground baller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 312
Default Re: Lebron James vs Kobe Bryant, in the season, in MVP talk, more

Oh my bad, but still playing horrible all game and then finally making a few shots doesn't mean Kobe deserves mvp.
Justinxpx109 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:44 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy