Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-04-2008, 01:12 PM   #1
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default I'm really starting to "dislike" Dirk

I thought a couple of Dirk's fouls on Sunday should have been
flagrants....

Then what a cheap shot on AK47 last night!!!!

He is the most uncoordinated starter in the league...he flails
his arms around begging for calls...I have never liked his game
(except he can shoot!! I'll give him that). His D is terrible.....
need I go on?

Last year's MVP was a joke...if you have to give it to the best
player on the winningest team, then Josh Howard deserved it more
than Dirk...I know that sounds weird, but I don't think Dirk's a top
10 player in the league. I don't understand how he got the award
except that it really is largely a team award in many ways.

I don't see why so many people think he is a top player????
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:07 PM   #2
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I'm really starting to "dislike" Dirk

lakerfreaks gonna delete this
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:18 PM   #3
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
lakerfreaks gonna delete this

Come on now, chill on that kind of comment.

In response to the topic, I have never really been a Dirk fan. I think he cannot carry a team. I compare him to LO in a way... high expectations yet LO cannot really deliver as the true second option. He's more comfortable as a third option as we have all seen.

Dirk is the same way. He would be much better on a team where he is the second or third option. And, his defense sucks, which is why he has fouled some so hard. He's just out of control.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:32 PM   #4
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Come on now, chill on that kind of comment.

In response to the topic, I have never really been a Dirk fan. I think he cannot carry a team. I compare him to LO in a way... high expectations yet LO cannot really deliver as the true second option. He's more comfortable as a third option as we have all seen.

Dirk is the same way. He would be much better on a team where he is the second or third option. And, his defense sucks, which is why he has fouled some so hard. He's just out of control.

Was my comment offensive? I mean its the truth. Just letting him know before he starts up with these type of threads.

I didnt mean to sound like an as$. More of a joke with truth

Last edited by ihatetimthomas : 03-04-2008 at 04:39 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:21 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If you thought the Dirk fouls were bad, I was getting pissed that Dampier was trying to start up some controversies and drama.

Kobe handled himself alright though and came back and fired at dampier. Thats what makes kobe so relentless. You throw a rock at him, he'll roll a boulder at you.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 05:23 PM   #6
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
If you thought the Dirk fouls were bad, I was getting pissed that Dampier was trying to start up some controversies and drama.

Kobe handled himself alright though and came back and fired at dampier. Thats what makes kobe so relentless. You throw a rock at him, he'll roll a boulder at you.

Yea damp has had a hot head in the past. I like Kobes fire but hes gotta tone it down so he can avoid any more techs
Old 03-04-2008, 05:30 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Yea damp has had a hot head in the past. I like Kobes fire but hes gotta tone it down so he can avoid any more techs

With that being said, it would be awesome to get dampier here as a backup.

hes very strong, can catch and finish, and can rebound pretty well.

I would bring him here or the midlevel.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 05:32 PM   #8
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
With that being said, it would be awesome to get dampier here as a backup.

hes very strong, can catch and finish, and can rebound pretty well.

I would bring him here or the midlevel.

Isnt he making alot of money? like 10mil+? How much longer does he have on that deal? I wouldnt mind him as a back up too
Old 03-04-2008, 07:17 PM   #9
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

mavs appear to me to be cracking under the stress...the loss to miami 2 years ago, then the first round exit last year after having that great record and an MVP trophy in hand. this year the struggles... teams getting better while they seem to be on a slow decline... then the trade for kidd and all the turmoil surrounding it...
they are playing .500 ball of late in a conference where it's gonna take .600 just to be in the playoffs... looks to me like a team on the edge of implosion... avery has his hands full for the rest of the years
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 11:48 AM   #10
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
mavs appear to me to be cracking under the stress...the loss to miami 2 years ago, then the first round exit last year after having that great record and an MVP trophy in hand. this year the struggles... teams getting better while they seem to be on a slow decline... then the trade for kidd and all the turmoil surrounding it...
they are playing .500 ball of late in a conference where it's gonna take .600 just to be in the playoffs... looks to me like a team on the edge of implosion... avery has his hands full for the rest of the years

I agree as usual....we think alike some times.

I had to cheer loudly when I heard of the one game suspension for
the cheap foul on AK47...YES!! and I am now praying that Dallas
misses the playoffs by one game and we Dirk-haters can point to
last night's loss against Houston...way to go Dirk!! Although I too
would love to see a first round matchup with Dallas. We own them!!!

What's our record against them over the last 20 years?
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: