Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 03-31-2008, 08:41 PM   #1
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default PSP. So what about it?

PSP.

So do you get into it? Do you have one? Do you enjoy it?

I wasn't too impressed when it first came out. If I have to be honest, I'm still not impressed by it, but I can't ignore the fact that some key sequels are coming out to PSP only, in the form of Chains of Olympus and Crisis Core.

What do you guys think? And supposing I did spring for this $200 toy, how long does the batteries last?

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:54 PM   #2
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: PSP. So what about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
PSP.

So do you get into it? Do you have one? Do you enjoy it?

I wasn't too impressed when it first came out. If I have to be honest, I'm still not impressed by it, but I can't ignore the fact that some key sequels are coming out to PSP only, in the form of Chains of Olympus and Crisis Core.

What do you guys think? And supposing I did spring for this $200 toy, how long does the batteries last?

Mathius
I have one. I like it a lot. On trips and when I drop a deuce it's a life saver haha.
GTA LCS is a really fun game... NBA 08 is fun, it's just a fun system all around. I got mine for 200 with 2 games and a 2 year warranty in 06 so you i'm sure now you could do a lot better on ebay...
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:27 AM   #3
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

I have one and I enjoy it. My battery lasts about 3.5 hours. I also bought a thicker battery(original psp size) from http://www.dealextreme.com/and that one lasts about 4.5 hours. They have awesome prices on accessories and free shipping.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:10 PM   #4
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

its alright, I'm playing the new God of War game, its average, meh.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:47 PM   #5
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's worth the money. Life saver on trips, not to mention it does almost everthing the iPhone does with a bigger screen. Also, pretty soon, it will be getting skype which means you can talk on the phone with it too.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:06 PM   #6
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
It's worth the money. Life saver on trips, not to mention it does almost everthing the iPhone does with a bigger screen. Also, pretty soon, it will be getting skype which means you can talk on the phone with it too.
well you gotta have wifi but yeah you'll be able to make calls. which is pretty sick because almost everywhere has wifi
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:42 AM   #7
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

my brother has one and there's no good games for it. not having that 2nd analog stick really hurt it.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:12 AM   #8
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have one. I used it a lot back when i used to fly from Cleveland to New Mexico a few times a year, mostly for movies but also for games too. Since I don't travel much anymore I use it to keep my picutres with me and to listen to music while i walk around campus every day.

I got it the first day they came out a few years ago and paid like 300 somethin for the bundle pack (movie, case, headphones, psp, memory card etc)..so now that they're down to 160 somethin i'd recommend it
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:22 AM   #9
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
my brother has one and there's no good games for it. not having that 2nd analog stick really hurt it.

Its 2008 not 2006 there are alot of great games… Unless playing FPS or Katamari games two analog are not necessary…

The games started out slow for the PSP but now there are a wide varity of titles from many genres to choose.

I've grown to like it and I get lots of use out of it.

The new 'slim' models offer TV out so now you can connect to a television and play on the big screen. I would like to get one of these sometime myself(I got my fat PSP back in 2006).

On another note, there are firmware hacks and you can run all types of emulation on it offering great classic games like NES, Genesis, Neo Geo, MAME, et cetera…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:44 PM   #10
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I always thought it was kinda funny that they added the "play PSP on your tv" thing to the new PSPs.

Wasn't the original selling point of PSP that it was basically like PS2 only handheld and not on TV? I know its some different games but it just seems funny to me that they did a 360 and ended up right back where they started lol
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:49 PM   #11
i cant dunk
Kids at the park dunk on me

i cant dunk has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
I always thought it was kinda funny that they added the "play PSP on your tv" thing to the new PSPs.

Wasn't the original selling point of PSP that it was basically like PS2 only handheld and not on TV? I know its some different games but it just seems funny to me that they did a 360 and ended up right back where they started lol

well im gussing that when you are home and have the tv you can use the tv and then when your somewhere else you can play the same game.

well the psp really inst that great. i got one as soon as it came out. it is decent at best. it recently broke down like 2 months ago but i managed to fix it my self by moving the lens... to answer your question if you are just looking at one game then try it before you buy it because the psp can have some low quality games.
i cant dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: