Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 03-06-2008, 05:12 PM   #1
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation
Default The Team Needs Thread

Let's get some fresh perspectives on what each NBA team needs, guys. Everyone post what you think your favorite team (or any team you choose to do; pick every team in the NBA if you'd like) needs to improve upon via the draft or free agency this offseason.

I'll start with the Spurs. Obviously old age is an issue for us, so we'll have to find some good young talent in this year's draft. Center is obviously a need (if you consider Duncan a power forward). Tiago Splitter is currently playing overseas, Matt Bonner is probably just a good bench player, and Ian Mahinmi might not develop into a piece that we will use in the future, so I think drafting a big man here would help. We also are getting older on the perimeter. I think Udoka can replace Bowen, but with Michael Finley and/or Brent Barry possibly retiring this offseason, we will want to get some depth on the wings. Hopefully we can get a good jump shooter and/or an athlete that can take it to the hole off the drive. I'll take the shooter first, because that's the major aspect of our game that will be lost when those two leave.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:24 PM   #2
AlThornton
Great young streetballer

AlThornton has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The Team Needs Thread

IMO

Seattle needs a PG, and C, in that order.
AlThornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:27 PM   #3
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'll do they Celtics. The Celtics need some young energy guys to add to the core for the future. I'd love to see them get D.J. White. He is a little undersized like Big Baby, but I think they could be the fututre 4 and 5 of the Celtics. Also a guard like Sean Singletary will be great for the Celtics.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:37 PM   #4
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlThornton
IMO

Seattle needs a PG, and C, in that order.

Co-sign. What kind of PG do you think they should get? A slasher like Bayless that can score in bunches? I think that'd really help take the load of KD and increase his field goal percentage. A big man will also be key, but I think you're right, PG is more of a priority. KD can't be handling the ball himself for the rest of the career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
I'll do they Celtics. The Celtics need some young energy guys to add to the core for the future. I'd love to see them get D.J. White. He is a little undersized like Big Baby, but I think they could be the fututre 4 and 5 of the Celtics. Also a guard like Sean Singletary will be great for the Celtics.

I agree, they should use this draft to get some solid pieces for the future, because "The Big Three" will only be able to make Boston a championship contender for maybe 2-3 more years, if even that.

You guys are phenomenal [sp? lol]. These past few days have been off the charts in terms of forum activity, and hopefully we can keep this place active. I don't want to see a recession and get back to the way it was when there were maybe 1-2 posts a day. Keep it up guys!

Also, what are your opinions on these two ideas I have: 1, an InsideHoops Mock Draft thread, nothing special but towards the draft we all put up our mocks and then calculate who had the highest score in terms of picks. Just a fun thing to do, saw it on an NFL board. 2, a mock draft by the members of ISH in which the members here get to pick for a team of their choice and we try to get a good mock going? Just a suggestion, it'd be fun but we'd have to make sure we have responsible people that will make their picks on time and not hold everyone up.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:40 PM   #5
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
Co-sign. What kind of PG do you think they should get? A slasher like Bayless that can score in bunches? I think that'd really help take the load of KD and increase his field goal percentage. A big man will also be key, but I think you're right, PG is more of a priority. KD can't be handling the ball himself for the rest of the career.

I agree, they should use this draft to get some solid pieces for the future, because "The Big Three" will only be able to make Boston a championship contender for maybe 2-3 more years, if even that.

You guys are phenomenal [sp? lol]. These past few days have been off the charts in terms of forum activity, and hopefully we can keep this place active. I don't want to see a recession and get back to the way it was when there were maybe 1-2 posts a day. Keep it up guys!

Also, what are your opinions on these two ideas I have: 1, an InsideHoops Mock Draft thread, nothing special but towards the draft we all put up our mocks and then calculate who had the highest score in terms of picks. Just a fun thing to do, saw it on an NFL board. 2, a mock draft by the members of ISH in which the members here get to pick for a team of their choice and we try to get a good mock going? Just a suggestion, it'd be fun but we'd have to make sure we have responsible people that will make their picks on time and not hold everyone up.
I might have something to do with it 30+ new posts since yesterday.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:40 PM   #6
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

Also I like the idea of the mock draft thread... sorry for double post.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:41 PM   #7
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
I might have something to do with it 30+ new posts since yesterday.

Make that 29 new posts since you just did a double-post lol. You seem pretty active, and I'm sure you could get a team. Possibly the Celtics if no one else wants them.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:42 PM   #8
AlThornton
Great young streetballer

AlThornton has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three

I think they need a PG who is a very good passer, yet when they need him to can score. He also has to be a very good defender. Also has to be a team player, and a floor general.

My favorite PG Prospect in the draft is Derrick Rose. I think he would be a good fit for Seattle. If Rose is not available I would rather pass on Bayless and trade down, or take a Center, and with the Suns pick draft Ty Lawson or Kyle Weaver.

Last edited by AlThornton : 03-06-2008 at 05:47 PM.
AlThornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:44 PM   #9
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

I would not mind the Celtics to trade TA for a draft pick to get a center of some sort..
Old 03-06-2008, 05:47 PM   #10
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
I would not mind the Celtics to trade TA for a draft pick to get a center of some sort..

Why Tony Allen? He's young, and Boston won't get much more youth in the draft than he already has. Plus, he will have some time on a winning team that will be valuable when Allen, Pierce, and Garnett decide their time has come to leave. He and Rondo could be a solid backcourt for the future, and maybe Allen could come off the bench. Boston isn't likely to find a future starter where they'll be picking, but they could still go after some role players, maybe D.J. White like you said, or get some depth at the other positions.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:49 PM   #11
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

Well if he was as agressive as he was before the injury then I would love him. But he is not that drive and dunk player, but drive half way and shoot or do a little lay up, no more explosive finishes.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:05 PM   #12
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Team Needs NJ Nets:
Position Needs: Offensive Oriented Big
Front Office Needs: Divorce from Larry Frank
Intangible Needs:Energy, Swagger, Fortitude
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:00 PM   #13
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Bump

Keep it flowing guys.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:42 PM   #14
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

It may be really picky since this is a really good defensive team that plays smart defense, but New Orleans could use a shot blocker. I know Thabeet won't drop that far, and I don't know anyone else who would be a great shot blocker in limited minutes for them, but that to me is something they could look for in the draft. Maybe they could grab Robin Lopez and turn him into a shot blocker, or grab one of the young international players.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:40 AM   #15
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

What do you all think about Brook Lopez to Chicago? He'd definitely get them the scoring down low that they need, but rebounding?? Could Noah/Thomas make up for him in that department?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: