Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 03-23-2008, 09:53 AM   #16
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Team Needs Thread

IDK if Brook would be able to bring the strength that they need down low. At least at the beginning of his career. The problem that the Bulls have is that they are not physically imposing at any position on the floor. Noah and Thomas have frames that don't appear to be able to add more weight. The Bulls just seem to be a poorly constructed unit and may be needing a complete overhaul. They now have a bit of size in the back court with Larry Hughes but no one on this team screams superstar and Brook at the moment is not screaming it for me. He will be a solid piece for the team that drafts him but he may be a better fit in Charlotte where he could be paired with a rugged power forward.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:50 PM   #17
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

Anyone know what the Bulls plan to do in the future? At least what the rumors are? They really seem to be turning into the Knicks. They have a ton of good pieces, but they just seem to have hit a wall. With all the young guys coming up on contract years they have a lot of decisions to make.

At the point I like Hinrich. I would imagine they would stick with him, but won't be building around him.

As SG, Hughes has done well, but everyone knows he isn't a team to build around. Sefolosha seems like a good player, but it is hard to tell how good he will be, or if he will be a good starter. Gordon is the wildcard because he has been talked about in trade rumors, but I just don't know if he would be better on a team like Phoenix coming of the bench and just being a pure scorer.

At SF they have Deng and Nocioni, both of whom are good, but both have been included in trade rumors. Maybe this is the key to their bad season? Deng seems to have taken a step back, and Nocioni just doesn't seem to be a guy to build around either.

At PF Gooden has always been a good role player and Thomas is a guy they used a top pick on. This position all depends on how good they think Thomas will trun out.

At C Noah is basically a younger version of Wallace. Good rebounder, but doesn't bring much post scoring.

I think Lopez would be a good piece, but are you then giving up on Noah or Thomas? I really think this team needs to make a big trade, which might even include their draft pick. I just can't believe they would keep adding young lottery picks. This team just needs a change. They need a superstar to lead this team. Everything else would come into place if they had a Kobe kind of player. With Hinrich, Nocioni, Wallace, and Noah that would not be a bad team this year and they could have added a a couple more guys in the offseason this year.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:43 PM   #18
Qlippers
Decent playground baller

Qlippers has an OK reputation so far

Clippers need a PG or SG. Basically a wing Player who could shoot over 18 feet.
Qlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:02 AM   #19
monthh
Local High School Star

I think the Clippers are going to look at Bayless and Mayo first. Arizona PG always seem to be really good and I am sure playing in the Pac-10 they have seen him a ton. Mayo obviously played in LA so they know all about him. He already has a name in the area and might be able to fill some seats. The problem is that the fans may not be all that high on him anymore with a first round exit and kind of a letdown this season after all the Mayo hype. The hype would have had you believe he was going to scoring 35 a game. However, if the Clippers are picking a little lower at like 6 or 8, he could be a steal if he is still around. If they end up picking at 3 or 5, Bayless might be a better option.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:43 AM   #20
Qlippers
Decent playground baller

Qlippers has an OK reputation so far

Gotta totally agree with you. If we had a higher pick than #5, We would choose Bayless b/c he's a PG. But since Mayo has been to alot of Clipper games and friend of Dunleavy's son, I have to think that Mayo has a chance at being draft by the Clippers. I just hope we don't draft a Euro player.
Qlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:22 AM   #21
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Team Needs NJ Nets:
Position Needs: Offensive Oriented Big
Front Office Needs: Divorce from Larry Frank
Intangible Needs:Energy, Swagger, Fortitude
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 12:14 PM   #22
monthh
Local High School Star

Do you Nets fans think Carter and Jefferson are in their long term plans?

Just looking at the prospects and where the Nets will be picking (10-12 range) I don't know if they will find what they really need. Beasley and Lopez are by far the best two lost post scorers in the draft, with Beasley being an outside scorer as well, which is why he is probably the #1 pick. Both are likely to be gone by the time the Nets pick. The only post scorers that I could see in the Nets range that would be able to help out right away are Hibbert, Blake Griffin, and maybe Kevin Love. Arthur, Randolph, and Jordan could be potential low post scorers in the future.

I wonder about Carter and Jefferson because those guys make a ton of money and the team would obviously like to win now. Do you think they would take a guy too early and grab a Hibbert knowing he could put up double digit scoring numbers right away, but never be much better than that?

Love and Griffin would probably give them a nice mix of double digit scoring now, with the potential for more production in the future. Griffin may be off the board by then, though.

But if they take a Arthur or Jordan, you could be talking 2 to 4 seasons before they are double digit scorers, and 5 years before they provide enough to help a true contender. Do Carter and Jefferson wait that long? I highly doubt it. If they are going to get rid of Carter and Jefferson, however, a guy like Randolph might be the best pick.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:29 AM   #23
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Suns need a new PG seeing as nash...well...isnt getting any younger

another center would be nice too, seeing as shaq is quite old
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:47 AM   #24
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by monthh
Do you Nets fans think Carter and Jefferson are in their long term plans?
  • Carter's contract may mandate him being part of the teams longterm plans.
  • I feel as if Jefferson still has value around the league and can be moved for picks or pieces.
  • As far as their late lottery pick I think Arthur, Randolph, and Love would be good picks, but I will have to wait for Love to be measured in Orlando before I am sold on him as the low post force that the team has been lacking since Derrick Coleman.
  • A change in philosophy may be needed to effectively play to the strengths of Devin Harris. I like Marcus Williams as a change of pace point guard.
  • Nenad should be resigned at a reasonable price to see if he can regain the the promise that he flashed before the injury.
  • The team needs depth on the wing.
  • Sean Williams has the pieces to be an effective offensive player in this league he is just not being allowed to display his entire game.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:53 AM   #25
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKNOW1EDGE is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Thumbs up Blazers needs

The blazers desperately need a legit pg.

Steve Blake has proven to be a great back up pg in the L but not much more than that.

The blazers have the #13 pick. Collison maybe? DJ Augistin?

My dream would be to somehow move up in the draft and snatch Mayo or Gordon. That might be possible.......
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 09:25 AM   #26
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

blazerjimmy has no real reputation yet.
Talking Re: The Team Needs Thread

It's hard to really predict the Blazers' needs because I really think that they're going to make a trade of some sort - I wouldn't be surprised to see Frye, Jack and LaFrentz moved in some kind of draft day deal. I think they need a point guard that can distribute and defend equally well - or a combo guard capable of moving back and forth between the one and two guard positions - a Robin to Roy's Batman. However, if we're picking at 13, I would take the best "big" prospect on the board - either a power forward or a center-one that can be developed alongside of Oden and Aldridge. Maybe a Javale Mcgee, Hansborough....maybe even Love.....

I'd really like to pick up Kyle Weaver at #33 or #35 - he's a good defender and a good ball handler - and he's got good size.

GO BLAZERS!!!!!
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:57 AM   #27
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

nuggets need to add defense- the position most in need is point gaurd- FRANCHISE POINT GAURD- i was pissed we didnt go after stuckey last year falling that far

denver post claims nugs are in love with eric gordon-

however here is my list of best possible future nugs- nuggets need a young franchise point gaurd more than any other team imo- i would and the nugs should be more than willing to deal any, of iverson, k-mart, and/or 3 pick max- no team has given away more picks and drafted less players in the nba since the day we drafted our franchise player-

1- d rose- probobly impossible to move into the top spot- but rose running with melo and jr smith for the next ten years? you tell me

2- r westbrook- imo the best realistic trade up possibility may be able to grab 8-12? - i feel westbrooks game and ability and personality would be the best fit with the nugs possible at pg - imo the next gary payton-minus the attitude- and a better pure athlete- this guy will be a natural nba point

a distant tied for 3rd- gordon/ bayless- i believe we would have to trade in to the 3-7 range- i am a believer in both and hope gordon is put a pg by someone and coached into it- but most likely his skill as a gunner will be utilized and he will never really be coached into a pg for a while- this is the

THAT IS ONLY NUGGET TEAM NEED- FRANCHISE POINT GAURD

this team is going to win championships- it just wont happen until it is actually built around melo- nene and jr are the other 2 of the 3 untouchables- any real nugs fan has to wish it could happen with camby for what hes given and done here- but he may be the chip with the most value- i believe nugs need to overhaul while values are high and the possibilities may be great this offseason- 3 huge contract big-time players in ai/kmart/cambyexpiring in the year of lebron-dwade year and 3 future picks could draw something great- probobly a pick and some things go right maybe another talented veteren or two- in perfect world josh smith/dirk/or bargnangi and hinrich or gordon in additon to drafting westbrook-hows this rotation for the next long while-

westbrook and hinrich
jr
melo and klieza
joshsmith/dirk/or even bargnagni
nene

hopefully save camby add in najera and this team can win- its just that-
NUGS HAVE TO DRAFT A FRANCHISE POINT GAURD- and imo there are maybe 4

NUGS NEED RUSSEL WESTBROOK- even with no overhaul he is good to match with ai because he is the best defensively
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:18 AM   #28
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Sixers are an Elton Brand away from contending in East.

PG - Andre Miller
SG - Iggy
SF - Thaddeus Young (Who is going to be a legit star for those who haven't gotten a chance to see him)
PF - Brand/Draft Pick
C - Dalembert

6th man - Louis Williams (who can give you 15 and 5 off the bench)

Reggie Evans coming off the bench gives you immediate energy/toughness/rebounding

Thats a very formidable team with serious upside if you include Rodney Carney and Jason Smith

Regardless if the Sixers land Brand or not (which I hope they do) they'll look they'll address PF in the draft. If I were in there position I'd be doing everything possible to land Blake Griffin (highly unlikely, but one can dream). Kevin Love would be a good fit but he'll most likely won't be available by the time they pick. Realistically Darrell Arthur would be a good value pick because he's expected to be drafted in that 12-18 range and also fills an immediate need. I'd definitely would pass on Psycho T because I'm having a hard time differentiating between him and Reggie Evans at this point in time.

As far as their second round pick is concerned the Sixers also lack a two guard who can shoot. I doubt Richard Roby will be available in the middle of round two but if I were them I'd attempt to trade up to grab him as he could potentially make a great fit.

I can't see them addressing anything other than PF/SG unless a guy like Dorsey somehow falls in the second round. Should be an exciting summer and for the first time in a while this team is looking very promising.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:44 PM   #29
monthh
Local High School Star

It sounds like the Blazers would do good to pick up Collison. He is a great defender and that team looks like they have a lot of potential to be a great defensive team. Collison can lead in the half court and is really fast and would be able to push it a bit with Roy and the other young guys getting up and down the court.

It sounds like the Nuggets need a Collison as well. Collison and Iverson would be a small backcourt, though. Stuckey would have been a better pick. Eric Gordon would be a horrible pick, though. He is another Allen Iverson, and certainly won't help their awful D. Russell Westbrook would be the best pick for them. He is 6-3, plays good on D, and proved he can play the point when Collison was out. I don't think I would let him take the reigns of the team at point until sometime in his second season. He needs some more experience at the point before you just let him run your team.

The Sixers have done really well picking up good athletes and turning them into good players. I think they need to pick up a forward, as you pretty much seem to agree, Marlo. I haven't seen Jason Smith play this year, but I wouldn't give up hope on him becoming a good rotation player. I think Arthur would be a great pick, and Joe Alexander would not be a bad pick at all. Young seems to be doing good at PF, and Alexander would allow them to keep Iggy at SG. He would be able to step in right away, and would give them a guy who can get his shot when he wants. He might be the go-to scorer for them, but he is a nice 2nd or 3rd scorer than will be able to create his own shot when they need a basket.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:39 PM   #30
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Blazers needs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
The blazers desperately need a legit pg.

Steve Blake has proven to be a great back up pg in the L but not much more than that.

The blazers have the #13 pick. Collison maybe? DJ Augistin?

My dream would be to somehow move up in the draft and snatch Mayo or Gordon. That might be possible.......

If you are moving up. Why not go for the cadillac. And get rose. He punked both collison and augustine. He is the next kidd probably.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: