Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 04-08-2008, 01:50 PM   #31
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The Team Needs Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by monthh
It sounds like the Nuggets need a Collison as well. Collison and Iverson would be a small backcourt, though. Stuckey would have been a better pick. Eric Gordon would be a horrible pick, though. He is another Allen Iverson, and certainly won't help their awful D. Russell Westbrook would be the best pick for them. He is 6-3, plays good on D, and proved he can play the point when Collison was out. I don't think I would let him take the reigns of the team at point until sometime in his second season. He needs some more experience at the point before you just let him run your team.

thanks for that feedback- i think you really nailed it on gordon as a nug- it just doesnt work- if alot of talent was shipped out, imo he could play point for nugs w jr and melo- but most likely the fit just isnt here-

i wouldnt be terrbly upset with collison in the 20's if ai is gone- yu are right that the size wouldnt work with iverson- playing with iverson the other gaurd has to defend whichever gaurd on the other team is bettern wheather it be at pg or sg

i agree with you that westbrook may need time to learn at nba point- but i am a huge believer that hewill be a true nba franchise point- maybe thay training could be done with chucky and anthony carter and some coaching, maybe it needs a hinrich or another vet?

i believe the best scenerio is- new head coach- mark jackson- new franchise point- russell westbrook**who may measure out close to 6-5- literaly grown from an inch shorter to an inch taller than teamate josh shipp from the beginig of the season to the end

iverson is unwilling to play point- mentally and emotionally and maybe phsically- his game is not a good fit with carmelo's- i believe iverson could be succesfully unloaded

i just feel so strongly that we could try again the unload a bunch of stars and rebuild even better than when it was van exel, mcdyss and lafrentz- by using iverson kenyon and maybe camby? do you see any potenial out there for those players and huge contracts?

we would already have the core you dream of when rebuilding, imo- melo,jr,nene- and some solid role players inklieza najera and a couple others

i have always said i would take marbury for ai- though wouldnt until they threw in at least a pick

any trade thoughts? would camby have the value i see?

Last edited by CaptainOwlClub : 04-08-2008 at 02:04 PM. Reason: westbrook may be 6-5
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:25 AM   #32
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

I don't think the Nuggets would trade all those guys yet. They are getting older, but this is still a solid team. If they were in the East they might have homecourt in the 1st round.

I would not be surprised to see them try to make minor changes and I think picking up a Hinrich would be a great idea. I wouldn't trade much more than Martin for him though.

I just looked at saw that they are 27 million over the cap. Maybe an Iverson trade would be in order, but I think one more year and he will be a FA so they can give this experement one more go. I think probably Smith would be gone for a starting spot this offseason, unless they trade Iverson. A starting lineup of Hinrich, Iverson, Melo, Nene, and Camby is decent. At least a playoff team. The bench would need an upgrade though. I think it would be possible to get Robin Lopez, Trent Plaisted, Jason Thompson, or maybe grab Joey Dorsey to help them out inside off the bench. In the second round you could try to replace some of Smith's production by getting one of the million senior SG like Malik Hairston, Richard Roby, or J.R. Giddens.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:32 PM   #33
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

thanks monthh

i hate apperaring an iverson hater and am not trying to be

ai- it just isnt needed- jr has so much more value to the future of this franchise- i would just be sick to see him gone for another 1-3 years of iverson

i believe a hinrich /smith backcourt is better than a hinrich/ai backcourt-

i just have doubts that a iverson/camby/melo team ever wins- and i have strong belief that a melo/nene/jr team would win it

p.s. i believe nene will just completly flip a switch and be healthy and a force as soon as he is the starting center- just a hunch-

nugs need to draft a rookie worse than anyone else- it was almost like the nugs have wanted to keep melo as the rookie as long as posible- 1 draft pick since melo(klieza)- make melo & even jr bcome vets- bring in a new rookie- RUSSEL WESTBROOK
- i would be pretty happy with dorsey at 20
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:16 PM   #34
FOYE4MVP
minnesota timberwolves

FOYE4MVP has an OK reputation so far

Wolves need a C and a PG ang some SG.
Rose
Beasley
Mayo
Lopez

those are my top 4. hopefully, the wolves will pick 1st
FOYE4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:21 AM   #35
Cohnman15
I hit open layups

Cohnman15 has an OK reputation so far

The Knicks need so many things but to keep the list short I would say they need:
  1. a pass-first point guard
  2. defense and rebounding out of the center position
Cohnman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:45 PM   #36
Pat Reilly
I hit open layups

Pat Reilly has an OK reputation so far

What Miami needs is a point guard like Derrick Rose.
Beasley, Mayo and Bayless are my other choices. I am not impressed with any of this years center prospects.
Pat Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:38 PM   #37
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Pacers obvious #1 need is a new training staff and health.

Now that that's out of the way, I feel their biggest need is a perimeter defender, preferably in the form of a PG. I'd be thrilled with obtaining Westbrook via draft or Kyle Lowry via trade. I'd love to see a Shawne Williams OR Ike Diogu deal straight up for Lowry (think the salaries work). The only guy capable of some semblance of perimeter D is Granger, and he's not that great (not quick at all laterally). Teams could penetrate at will, then either drop in the easy deuce (I'll get to that) or kick it out for the J since our defense seems much more focused on gambling on deflections and steals than face-up defense on a jumpshooter.

Another major need is a post defender, the like of Okafor. JO's EXTREMELY good at this, he's still a major shot blocker and I feel is the best (legit) charge taker in the league, but he obviously can't stay on the floor.

Another is a more structured offense. I like Jim O'Brien, but I'm not a fan of the constant isolations and chucking up 3's. It seems every player has the green light and on a team that has only two formidable shooters (Granger, Dunleavy) this is a glaring problem
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:02 PM   #38
TB3
Can barely lace up my sneakers

TB3 has an OK reputation so far

Thomas and Oberto are both aging centers for the Spurs, so a young center, whether that be Tiago Splitter, Ian Mahinmi, or a draft pick, will need to be groomed for the future. Maybe another shooting guard behind Ginobili, since Finley and Barry are near retirement age. Bowen is what, 37? Udoka is 31, so maybe we should draft an SF, however that need might not need to be addressed this year.
TB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:38 PM   #39
disco
Great young streetballer

disco has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB3
Thomas and Oberto are both aging centers for the Spurs, so a young center, whether that be Tiago Splitter, Ian Mahinmi, or a draft pick, will need to be groomed for the future. Maybe another shooting guard behind Ginobili, since Finley and Barry are near retirement age. Bowen is what, 37? Udoka is 31, so maybe we should draft an SF, however that need might not need to be addressed this year.

If Ellington stays in the draft, and is available when Spurs pick, I think he could be a good fit. Others to consider: DeMarcus Nelson (seriously! he's a sleeper and will be a solid role player in NBA), Shan Foster and Sonny Weems. I would be a bit cautious about SG's like Courtney Lee and Robert Waden who could be perfect for some other teams, because they're too trigger-happy for Spurs.

A defensive stopper like Marcus Dove could work too. Even if 26 is way too high to pick Dove, it's often the case that the best teams don't anyone they really want in the end of first round and filling a need, even by picking a player too high, isn't out of question.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: