Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-07-2008, 10:02 PM   #1
madskillz
Can barely lace up my sneakers

madskillz has an OK reputation so far
Default What team would be the Laker's worst nightmare in the first round playoffs?

Who do you think might be the worst or toughest matchup in the first rnd for the lakers?

Figuring that we'll most likely finish in the top 3.

we'll most likely face these 5 teams. Houston, Dallas, Golden state, Denver, Phoenix.

I think the worst matchup might be Dallas. THey have lost 3 straight, but by the way they played us last sunday. We'll need to be on top of our game. Plus they have the best chance out of all these teams to take us to 7.

Phoenix would be a tough matchup too. Amare always plays well in the playoffs. He would own either bynum if he can come back or Gasol. We have to remember Gasol has never done well in the playoffs. Plus Nash is gonna run **** this could go to 7 also.

I think Houston will start to slow down after a while. Plus T-Mac has never won in the playoffs.

Denver just isnt good enough to match up with us

Golden State could be tough too, they run up and down the court all day long. Plus you never know how well or poor baron davis will play.

Last edited by SoCalMike : 03-07-2008 at 10:04 PM.
madskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:28 PM   #2
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: What team would be the Laker's worst nightmare in the first round playoffs?

^I agree with your statement because, I think who ever we play will be a tough battle. However, the key to beating anybody our outside game will be the key D/fish, Sasha, Radman and Farmar if these guys deliever for us then I don't care who we play.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:48 PM   #3
darkdragn84
Can barely lace up my sneakers

darkdragn84 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What team would be the Laker's worst nightmare in the first round playoffs?

i think if last weekends game was any indication, the mavs would be a tough matchup for the lakers....a very exciting series to watch, but i definitely see that being a long series...
darkdragn84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:48 AM   #4
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers

Ryansrams has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdragn84
i think if last weekends game was any indication, the mavs would be a tough matchup for the lakers....a very exciting series to watch, but i definitely see that being a long series...
Agree>>>
Ryansrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:08 AM   #5
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here

teams i would like to see [meaning easier matchup] in order..

1.GS
2.hous
3.phx
4.den
5.dall
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:19 AM   #6
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

netdoc has an OK reputation so far

I think this years Western conference playoffs will be the most exciting in recent memory. I have never seen this many "great" teams put together in one bracket.

I would say that the team the Lakers would be "difficult" to match up against would be the Spurs. They have played together for years. The Lakers have not been battle tested yet. I want to see how Ariza and Bynum change the dynamic of how they are playing.

That being said - I do not see anyone beating the Lakers in 7 games. NOBODY. Definitely no one in the East.

Hey - whatever happened to the clown that said "the Suns will win the Championship". They are 3 and 6 since the Shaq trade and are looking up in the standings. Hell, at this pace they won't even make the playoffs. Bring Jim Mora in ---- "Playoffs? Are you kidding me? PLAYOFFS!!!"

Mr. Kerr, you are starting to look stupid for this deal. Marion would have made your team better - but you decided to give it up for an old, tired Shaq. Great job and thanks for handing the Lakers the division and a top seed!
netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 02:05 AM   #7
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think the Trail Blazers....

But thankfully they are not likely to take part in the post season...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 02:07 AM   #8
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

any of the teams will be a tough series... the eigth seeded team will most likely only be 3 or four loses worst than the first seed... this is not going to be your typical playoffs, it's going to be hard, tough and grueling to make the finals... i caution everyone that it's not a given we make it to the WCF's we have kobe, we have lamar, we have pau and fisher but this is a largely untested team and it may take a failure in the playoffs to really steel this team for the long term...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:14 PM   #9
GoldMedallist
Great young streetballer

GoldMedallist has an OK reputation so far

Heh, guys, Gasol never did well in playoffs... with a crap Memphis team and almost alone, against much tougher teams like San Antonio or Dallas.

I think Gasol will be much better in playoffs with LA :).
GoldMedallist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:19 PM   #10
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

I think Houston and Dallas have always been tests for us.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:26 PM   #11
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers13
I think Houston and Dallas have always been tests for us.

Houston is SOOO mediocre without Yao.... look at their roster....they don't have any big men who can match up with Gasol or Bynum... I think we would win in 5...
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 02:42 PM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Golden state is nothing to us.

Seriously guys, we swept them the past three seasons and we lost to them only once this season in a game where we led the whole time.

Golden state can't guard bigs, let alone star caliber bigs. If we play golden state, Bynum and Pau will easily dominate.

Pau can run well actually as seen against phoenix and they have 2 legit bigs now so honestly we can play with anyone.

The only team I worry about facing in the first round is San Antonio and our chances with them are slim considering we are both seeded so relevantly high. Unless one of us goes on a losing streak, We have no chance of playing SA.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 04:18 PM   #13
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Fedor - Laker has an OK reputation so far

Dude...The Mavs are a bad team.

The only reason why they hung with us was because none of our players besides Gasol and Kobe were hitting down shots, (open shots at that).

Radman wasn't playing, Luke was starting like the whole time, and we were shooting 29, 30 percent in both the 1st/2nd quarters.

Plus that, LO could have finished the game for us but he choked on 2 FT's, got torched by Dirk at the most crucial point of the game, and failed to inbound the ball correctly.
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 05:08 PM   #14
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

LuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat cool

I would rather we didnt play houston in the 1st round, id take the others though.
LuppersGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 08:53 PM   #15
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You can't count out any of these teams, most likely the 8th seed will be a 50 win team....think about that, a 50 win team is supposed to be an elite team. every series in the west is going to be a like western conference championship series. Everyone is just that good right now.

I don't feel like any of the playoff teams is an easier matchup than the others except for SA. No other team has won anything with their current makeup.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: