Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 03-07-2008, 11:01 PM   #1
Attila
National High School Star

Default Juan Dixon Took Afflalos Minutes

It sure looks like it. Juan is getting more playing time past two games. I feel bad for Arron.
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:47 AM   #2
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Default Re: Juan Dixon Took Afflalos Minutes

Yeah… Dixon seems to be taking over

I really liked what Affalo was doing and thought he was coming along well…

Looks like Affalo may very well join Herrmann with being off the playoff roster…

Notice too how Dixon is handling the ball more and Stuckey less…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:17 AM   #3
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Afflalo shouldn't worry, because Dixon probably won't be with the team next year. Afflalo is a rookie, and it's good to give him someone to challenge him for minutes. He's been good, but veteran poise is important with only a short while left in the regular season. Better to get Juan acclimated now than to sit him and expect him to contribute if needed later on.

Like the differences with Amir, Maxiell, Ratliff, and Hermann, Hayes, the differences are specific and allow Flip to choose the right person for the assignment. There might be nights that he chooses Afflalo, and there might be nights that he chooses Dixon. He has lots of pieces to work with. Dumars is a genius.
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:33 PM   #4
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

Dont worrk guys, Dixon was only good for Raptrs for like 2 weeks, then hes gonna start taking radom 3's, hog a little
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 02:51 PM   #5
Attila
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
Yeah… Dixon seems to be taking over

I really liked what Affalo was doing and thought he was coming along well…

Looks like Affalo may very well join Herrmann with being off the playoff roster…

Notice too how Dixon is handling the ball more and Stuckey less…
Honestly, those are the two most reasonable choices for the injured reserves for the playoffs. I'm so glad we got Theo! Maybe give him a 2 year contract at the end of the season.
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 02:06 PM   #6
final.wrath
Banned

Its unfortunate Stuckey hasn't developed at the rate he should've. Probably due to his injury. He seems to often miss open layups after some excellent penetration into the lane.
I think its important that he develops as a PG and not a SG. As a SG he would lose his size and strength advantage that makes him so potentially effective. Also, he's not a great shooter.

Aflallo is one of the hardest workers and best perimeter defenders on the team. Giving Dixon his minutes seems counterproductive as far as developing our youth goes.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:54 AM   #7
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila
I'm so glad we got Theo! Maybe give him a 2 year contract at the end of the season.
i think id rather a 1 year but i agree. hes a very solid addition and probably more effective than Cwebb in this system.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:53 AM   #8
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
i think id rather a 1 year but i agree. hes a very solid addition and probably more effective than Cwebb in this system.

Theo is the next generation Elden Campbell, Dale Davis, etc. He should be used as an insurance policy against teams with a true center. I think his recent minutes are so he can be tested and integrated in quickly, but I don't see him being effective for much more than another year.

Who knows? Maybe Ben Wallace will sign for the vet's minimum in another year or so after he's waived. Detroit seems to be a place where former stars like to return to before they fade away (Hunter, Webber, Theo). An elephant graveyard, if you will...
Old 03-13-2008, 05:25 PM   #9
dd24
College superstar

I really like the Ratliff signing. I think he will help a lot if we have to face Cleveland in the post season. After seeing him for a few games I think having him may be more beneficial than having Webber last season. What do you guys think? His minutes were mainly due to Rasheed being out I think, but if he continues to play well I can see him getting around 15-20 per game.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 01:02 PM   #10
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I really like the Ratliff signing. I think he will help a lot if we have to face Cleveland in the post season. After seeing him for a few games I think having him may be more beneficial than having Webber last season. What do you guys think? His minutes were mainly due to Rasheed being out I think, but if he continues to play well I can see him getting around 15-20 per game.

I really like the signing as well.

He fits a role depending on matchups. He'll probably get minutes against Orlando and Boston, because we need a tall defensive anchor against those teams. Unfortunately, I don't see him as a longterm solution, so I hope the youth movement doesn't get totally abandoned for the rest of the season.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: