Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 03-11-2008, 08:59 PM   #31
GoStanford
Go Sharks!

Default Re: OJ Mayo show vs #7 Stanford

Gobb, talk to me when you grow some balls. Pansy.
GoStanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:04 PM   #32
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulsuvtut27
yes the players skills are better but they don't play as a group. I went to a warriors game this year and you just see one-on-one moves and there is no real offense. There is one player going one-on-one and then 3-4 players standing beyond the three point line wating for a pass to shoot.

the warriors are a bad example for you to use, they play team ball, everyone gets shots. defense for them is always a team effort because they are undersized. on offense they move the ball and look for the open 3 point shooter or the mismatch. the reason they always have guys standing around the arc is so that they will have good shooters open for an uncontested 3 when baron or monta drive and the defense collapses. the warriors want to run, they want to shoot quick shots, and they want to shoot 3s. that is the offense. they do that on purpose, not because they are told to do it, not because they are a bunch of chuckers. also, you may see 1 on 1 moves because baron, monta, and even jax and harrington are superb one on one players. running an iso for any of those guys isn't a bad play, especially if they have a mismatch. another thing, if you don't enjoy watching the warriors i'm sorry but there's something wrong with you. basketball doesn't get any more exciting than a warriors game.

if you want to talk about a team that doesn't play good team ball talk about the grizzlies or something, not the warriors.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:17 PM   #33
GoStanford
Go Sharks!

DON'T TELL ME ABOUT THE WARRIORS, I'M A HUGE WARRIORS FAN. WHEN DID ME AND MY STANFORD PAL SALSAVTUTT2322332 EVER SAY WE DIDNT LIKE WATCHING WARRIORS BALL. ITS JUST THAT THE WARRIORS DONT REALLY PLAY AS A TEAM, AND I THINK ITS FUNNY YOU SAID THE WARRIORS PLAY TEAM BALL ON OFFENSE. IF TRENT JOHNSON COACHED THE WARRIORS, STEPHEN JACK WOULD NEVER SEE THE FLOOR. HOW DO YOU THINK MITCH GOT TO BE SO GOOD. WELL FIRST OF ALL, AMAZING GOD GIVEN TALENT, BUT HE ALSO ISN'T SELFISH EVEN THOUGH HE HAS ONE OF THE BEST OUTSIDE SHOTS IN COLLEGE BALL. TAJ COULD DUNK ON ANYONE HE WANTS TO AT ANY TIME JUST LIKE HE DID TO MR. KEMP.

THE POINT IS, I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING EXCEPT THAT THE WARRIORS ARE VERY EXCITING and college ball is much more of a team game than the nba, i don't care which nba team you're talking about.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:21 PM   #34
sulsuvtut27
Brook Lopez=beast!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoStanford
DON'T TELL ME ABOUT THE WARRIORS, I'M A HUGE WARRIORS FAN. WHEN DID ME AND MY STANFORD PAL SALSAVTUTT2322332 EVER SAY WE DIDNT LIKE WATCHING WARRIORS BALL. ITS JUST THAT THE WARRIORS DONT REALLY PLAY AS A TEAM, AND I THINK ITS FUNNY YOU SAID THE WARRIORS PLAY TEAM BALL ON OFFENSE. IF TRENT JOHNSON COACHED THE WARRIORS, STEPHEN JACK WOULD NEVER SEE THE FLOOR. HOW DO YOU THINK MITCH GOT TO BE SO GOOD. WELL FIRST OF ALL, AMAZING GOD GIVEN TALENT, BUT HE ALSO ISN'T SELFISH EVEN THOUGH HE HAS ONE OF THE BEST OUTSIDE SHOTS IN COLLEGE BALL. TAJ COULD DUNK ON ANYONE HE WANTS TO AT ANY TIME JUST LIKE HE DID TO MR. KEMP.

THE POINT IS, I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING EXCEPT THAT THE WARRIORS ARE VERY EXCITING and college ball is much more of a team game than the nba, i don't care which nba team you're talking about.

Look at the passion and the drive stroshow and GOBB you will never witness that in the NBA and if you did people would be laughing at that player. He is giving up his body for the better of the team, the NBA doesn't have that help the team mentality (Larry Hughes, I play for myself.)
sulsuvtut27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:22 PM   #35
GoStanford
Go Sharks!

hey goober face, this scares you doesnt it. AND THE FOUL!

Old 03-11-2008, 09:48 PM   #36
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Look at the passion and the drive stroshow and GOBB you will never witness that in the NBA and if you did people would be laughing at that player. He is giving up his body for the better of the team, the NBA doesn't have that help the team mentality (Larry Hughes, I play for myself.)

right...

if you actually have watched the warriors play as you say you have you would know NBA players play with passion/desire/hustle. the warriors are the ultimate example.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:49 PM   #37
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoStanford

so one of the best perimeter defenders in the league would never see the floor? thats pretty damn stupid.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:08 PM   #38
sulsuvtut27
Brook Lopez=beast!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
so one of the best perimeter defenders in the league would never see the floor? thats pretty damn stupid.

If he is one of the best perimeter defenders than the NBA is a no defense league. I have seen cutters just go right by him without even noticing. Probably thinking about all the millions he has so he doesn't have to play defense or what stripclub he will be shooting up tonight.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:32 PM   #39
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
If he is one of the best perimeter defenders than the NBA is a no defense league. I have seen cutters just go right by him without even noticing. Probably thinking about all the millions he has so he doesn't have to play defense or what stripclub he will be shooting up tonight.

i'm done debating with you, it is a waste of my time.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:36 PM   #40
GoStanford
Go Sharks!

Your name is stro show. When's the last time Stromile Swift stepped on the hardwood. Taj Finger dunk on his ass.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:19 AM   #41
sulsuvtut27
Brook Lopez=beast!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4

i'm done debating with you, it is a waste of my time.

Send It In sulsuvtut27!!! Count It!!!
Old 03-12-2008, 12:24 AM   #42
poorlilrich
woop woop

Sulsuvtut wins by KNOCKOUT

guess whos who

this GoStanford guy is also kinda smart

Last edited by poorlilrich : 03-12-2008 at 12:32 AM.
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:30 AM   #43
GoStanford
Go Sharks!

Did you actually call stephen jackson one of the best perimeter defenders in the league? I'm a huge warriors fan, but i know basketball. You're a ****ING IDIOT. HAD YOU EVER HEARD ANYONE CALL STEPHEN JACKSON A GOOD DEFENDER BEFORE HE GUARDED DIRK "THE GERMAN JERK" NOWITZSKI. NO I DONT THINK SO. STEPHEN JACKSON IS GOOD AT 2 THINGS. TAKING (AND MAKING) THREES WITH 23 SECONDS LEFT ON THE SHOT CLOCK AND BEING A STRAIGHT UP HOOD GANGSTA STRIP CLUB SHOOTING GANGSTA. STEPHEN JACKSON AND PACMAN JONES ARE GREAT Friends. by the way sulsuvtut27-1 StroShow (hahahhaahha funny name ) - 0
Old 03-12-2008, 12:34 AM   #44
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Obviously you dont understand that zone defense is allowed in college which helps limit penetrating.. Without a zone defense, Stanfords defense would look pretty ****ty against NBA players.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:39 AM   #45
sulsuvtut27
Brook Lopez=beast!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Obviously you dont understand that zone defense is allowed in college which helps limit penetrating.. Without a zone defense, Stanfords defense would look pretty ****ty against NBA players.

You have been watching too much Kazaam but zone is allowed in the NBA as well.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: