Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-11-2008, 03:26 AM   #1
noseguard22
Banned

noseguard22 has an OK reputation so far
Default This is probably the best NBA season since 1990.

Look at how many players are at their best right now. Tmac, Kobe, Lebron. Look at the stories in the nba thus far. Celtics with the best record in the league, Kobe-Lebron mvp race, The rockets winning streak, the big trades and who knows what else is in store when playoff time comes around. It would be a dream come true if san antonio gets ousted in the first round. A kobe-lebron matchup in the finals would make this the perfect NBA season. Hopefully, we get a couple of playoff series that actually go 7 games. Would be interesting to watch.

Last edited by noseguard22 : 03-11-2008 at 03:28 AM.
noseguard22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 03:47 AM   #2
LongBeachLakers
Local High School Star

LongBeachLakers has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: This is probably the best NBA season since 1990.

and Smush Parker getting waived by Miami, this will truly go down as one of the most memorable NBA season ever.
LongBeachLakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:07 AM   #3
NBABaller
Banned

NBABaller has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBeachLakers
and Smush Parker getting waived by Miami, this will truly go down as one of the most memorable NBA season ever.

Still you go nowhere...
NBABaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:08 AM   #4
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by noseguard22
Look at how many players are at their best right now. Tmac, Kobe, Lebron. Look at the stories in the nba thus far. Celtics with the best record in the league, Kobe-Lebron mvp race, The rockets winning streak, the big trades and who knows what else is in store when playoff time comes around. It would be a dream come true if san antonio gets ousted in the first round. A kobe-lebron matchup in the finals would make this the perfect NBA season. Hopefully, we get a couple of playoff series that actually go 7 games. Would be interesting to watch.

I agree, this has been one amazing season so far.

There's no way however that TMac is at his best right now. TMac's prime was 5 years ago.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:23 AM   #5
mjbulls23
6 World Championships

mjbulls23 has an OK reputation so far

this is a great season

Quote:
This is probably the best NBA season since 1990.

i disagree, I think its the best season since 2001
mjbulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:46 AM   #6
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I personally believe this is the best NBA since Jordan was with the Bulls. Finally there is a surplus of a parity in the league which is something the NBA has been sorely lacking (one of the major reasons the NFL is the most popular sport in America).

There are a lot of formidable teams that could conceivably win championships.

I.e. Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, Pistons, Cavs, Suns, Mavericks, Hornets, Jazz, Rockets, Warriors.

You have a very tight MVP race between Kobe and Lebron.

The Rockets win streak.

The emergence of young superstars like Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Deron Williams.

Blockbuster trades that have made contenders even better.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 05:10 AM   #7
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

I'd rather have around 25 teams that are balance then 5 rebuilding teams than a 15 very good teams and 15 garbage
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 05:15 AM   #8
Artillery
National High School Star

Artillery has not been impressing people

Quote:
A kobe-lebron matchup in the finals would make this the perfect NBA season. Hopefully, we get a couple of playoff series that actually go 7 games. Would be interesting to watch.

Cavs are boring as hell. Outside of Lebron there's nothing worth watching about that team. They play slow, ugly basketball. A Finals series between them and the Lakers would be another boring sweep for the Western Conference(just like last year). Plus, they bring nothing to the table in terms of ratings.

Celtics vs Lakers would be a competetive match-up and probably be the best for ratings.
Artillery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 05:39 AM   #9
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artillery
Cavs are boring as hell. Outside of Lebron there's nothing worth watching about that team. They play slow, ugly basketball. A Finals series between them and the Lakers would be another boring sweep for the Western Conference(just like last year). Plus, they bring nothing to the table in terms of ratings.

Celtics vs Lakers would be a competetive match-up and probably be the best for ratings.

I highly doubt the Lakers would sweep Lebron's Cavs. I think they'd ultimately win the series if they were to be matched up against each other but you'd be crazy to think that Lebron can't put his team on his back for a game or two against the Lakers. San Antonio plays suffocating defense they are the only team that could potentially sweep Cleveland but Lebron and his team have gotten better.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:35 AM   #10
duncan on U
Decent playground baller

duncan on U has an OK reputation so far

Don't think so.
duncan on U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:55 AM   #11
Dwight_Howard12
Dwight Howard for MVP

Dwight_Howard12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbulls23
this is a great season

i disagree, I think its the best season since 2001

Agreed.
Dwight_Howard12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:41 AM   #12
Sakura
I airball my layups

Sakura has an OK reputation so far

One question..why good NBA season happened only every few years... whats is between those years? is it really that awful?
Sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:07 PM   #13
Zak

Zak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
I agree, this has been one amazing season so far.

There's no way however that TMac is at his best right now. TMac's prime was 5 years ago.

His prime was at 23?

So lebron is going through his prime right now?

=/
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:17 PM   #14
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
More like a nightmare. Definitly not a dream.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:28 PM   #15
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here

Agreed! best season in a long time!!

friends of mine who cant wait for baseball season are actually excited quote "this is the first time im excited about both basketball and baseball"

lets hope the playoffs playout like they should..
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: