Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 03-10-2008, 12:42 AM   #1
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation
Default Pacers Bench

A lot of analysts are talking about the Raps having the best bench in the league. Wouldnt you guys think the Pacers bench is up there also? I guess the fact that Pacers record doesnt show this, thats the reason why theres no talk of the Pacers, but look who we have the on bench:

Daniels
Rush
Diogu
Williams

if JO and Tins were healthy, you could add Foster to that list too
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:46 AM   #2
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Pacers Bench

Diogu and Daniels don't produce enough, IMO. But I would say, 1-9, we are fairly stacked. As I've said before, if only we could get to the potential each of our players have/had, we could be a damn good team. JO in his prime, with a more confidant Granger, with Dunleavy as a great third option. If David Harrison would have only had the work ethic to be what he could have been. If Tinsley wasn't always injured. If Troy Murphy hadn't fallen in love with the 3, and still was a banger down low getting double doubles every night. If Shawne Williams would get his head straight. If only we could get all of these "ifs" to come true, we would be a great great team.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:50 AM   #3
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
Diogu and Daniels don't produce enough, IMO. But I would say, 1-9, we are fairly stacked. As I've said before, if only we could get to the potential each of our players have/had, we could be a damn good team. JO in his prime, with a more confidant Granger, with Dunleavy as a great third option. If David Harrison would have only had the work ethic to be what he could have been. If Tinsley wasn't always injured. If Troy Murphy hadn't fallen in love with the 3, and still was a banger down low getting double doubles every night. If Shawne Williams would get his head straight. If only we could get all of these "ifs" to come true, we would be a great great team.
i dont think Diogu is getting enough mins. When he gets the mins he produces. His +/- is also decent. Daniels, I agree, he isnt produces what he can, i think now hes started to though
Old 03-10-2008, 02:56 AM   #4
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Oh god, totally agree with you on Diogu. I mean, I thought the main reason we pulled the trigger on the GS deal was because of the promise of this guy. Why isn't upper management demanding more minutes for him??!! He is one of our future pieces. The year is a wash, so why not incorporate him more now???
exactly, just wish for a good pick in the draft. Only problem is, you dont want to kill the kid's confidence. We got to remember, its only his 3rd season in the league, he has a bright future. I could see him being like Elton Brand. I was so excited to see him come to Indy in that trade, I was upset to see Dunleavy come over to be honest, but he worked out fine
Old 03-10-2008, 06:09 PM   #5
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i gotta agree a bit w/ pacerraptor about diogu. he needs to play more b4 i can really say whether or not he's worth a crap. daniels hasn't been playing up to his potential, bird even publically said so. he has a good all-around game sans shooting.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:34 PM   #6
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've never gotten the Ike Diogu mancrush. Sure he's got "potential," but he's what, 26 or so now? The dude plays matador defense and can't even figure out where to be in a simple 2-3 zone. Not to mention his inability to pass out of the post. He looks lost most of the time he plays.

Diogu needs minutes so we can showcase him to get some team to take Tinsley/JO/Murphy. Same with Shawne Williams. Add Diogu AND Williams to a package with Tinsley and a team may actually trade for him. Dunleavy's made Shawne Williams redundant.

The guy who needs minutes because he's too good to be riding the bench is Stephen Graham.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:18 PM   #7
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
The guy who needs minutes because he's too good to be riding the bench is Stephen Graham.
Amen, brotha.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:53 AM   #8
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
I've never gotten the Ike Diogu mancrush. Sure he's got "potential," but he's what, 26 or so now? The dude plays matador defense and can't even figure out where to be in a simple 2-3 zone. Not to mention his inability to pass out of the post. He looks lost most of the time he plays.

Diogu needs minutes so we can showcase him to get some team to take Tinsley/JO/Murphy. Same with Shawne Williams. Add Diogu AND Williams to a package with Tinsley and a team may actually trade for him. Dunleavy's made Shawne Williams redundant.

hes only 24
Old 03-11-2008, 06:46 AM   #9
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
hes only 24

Left school after his sophomore year right? In 2005...yeah 24's probably about right. Still, that's plenty of seasoning and I haven't seen enough of these so-called flashes from him to understand the excitement surrounding him. Don't get me wrong, he could be a solid 1st/2nd big off the bench, but he'll never start for a team who's trying to win.

Bynum was drafted a pick after him and look what he's become so soon Of course we drafted Danny that year and he's a superstar if we can get a perimeter defender to help him out. Then again Danny went to school for four years and has started most of his career so that's moot. I need to quit going off on tangents in my posts.

Last edited by InspiredLebowski : 03-11-2008 at 06:49 AM.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:20 AM   #10
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Left school after his sophomore year right? In 2005...yeah 24's probably about right. Still, that's plenty of seasoning and I haven't seen enough of these so-called flashes from him to understand the excitement surrounding him. Don't get me wrong, he could be a solid 1st/2nd big off the bench, but he'll never start for a team who's trying to win.

Bynum was drafted a pick after him and look what he's become so soon Of course we drafted Danny that year and he's a superstar if we can get a perimeter defender to help him out. Then again Danny went to school for four years and has started most of his career so that's moot. I need to quit going off on tangents in my posts.
Danny didnt start most of his career. We had Artest and Jackson starting over him. Granger's been starting for about a year now, and hes producing
Old 03-11-2008, 08:36 AM   #11
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
Danny didnt start most of his career. We had Artest and Jackson starting over him. Granger's been starting for about a year now, and hes producing

222 GP, 136 GS. That's most of his career.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:59 PM   #12
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
we drafted Danny that year and he's a superstar

Not quite a superstar yet.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:57 PM   #13
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
The dude plays matador defense and can't even figure out where to be in a simple 2-3 zone

matador defense. i actually lol @ that.

Quote:

man, you guys are riding this guy's sack awful hard. there must be something to him. i'm getting interested.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:53 AM   #14
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Not quite a superstar yet.

That's why I said if we can get a perimeter defender to help him out. If he'd quit having to guard the best opposing perimeter defender it'd help a lot. Danny's the only thing close we have to a competent one on one defender and it sucks. If it stays that way the kid's gonna end up catching the Indy Injury Bug from having to do too much. That why Rose would be so great to land, he's got the ability to be an All-NBA defender eventually, I think.

I did the ESPN Lottery Machine thing and on the second try the Pacers got the first pick, with 2.25% odds. The basketball gods owe the state of Indiana at least that much.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:33 PM   #15
jbot
Future D1 Dad

granger is awesome. players w/ a solid all-around game are getting hard to find.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: