Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 12-16-2007, 12:20 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Name the best non-NBA international players

And say if they're guys that are young and perhaps going into the NBA, or if they're veterans that are pretty much sticking with their careers overseas
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:17 PM   #2
simasu01
Decent playground baller

simasu01 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Name the best non-NBA international players

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
And say if they're guys that are young and perhaps going into the NBA, or if they're veterans that are pretty much sticking with their careers overseas

All of the Europeans were mentioned in a topic posted earlier by La Bomba, and also adding to that can be Tiago Splitter, Marcus Brown, and some other guys.
simasu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:59 PM   #3
j Fresh3
Banned

j Fresh3 has an OK reputation so far

damn.... hold on i know this....
j Fresh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 04:41 PM   #4
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

b.jerk has an OK reputation so far

Meir Tapiro doesn't play in the euroleague or the uleb but at least he earned a honorable mention, 31 points and 16 assists today.

Last edited by b.jerk : 12-17-2007 at 04:49 PM.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 04:53 PM   #5
simasu01
Decent playground baller

who the hell is meir tapiro?
Old 12-17-2007, 05:10 PM   #6
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

b.jerk has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by simasu01
who the hell is meir tapiro?

He plays in the bsl and unlike the nba the bsl is entertaining. The nba has declined to the level of the acb because of league politics and prejudicial officiating. Also the bsl has more television viewers than the nba.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:13 PM   #7
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Probably the best PG/SG ever from Israel. He is the guy who lead Hapoel Jerusalem to win the ULEB Cup a couple of years ago against Real Madrid. I though he was retiring after the Eurobasket'07, but he seems to be still playing. How old is he, 33, 34?
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:14 AM   #8
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by berraco
Probably the best PG/SG ever from Israel. He is the guy who lead Hapoel Jerusalem to win the ULEB Cup a couple of years ago against Real Madrid. I though he was retiring after the Eurobasket'07, but he seems to be still playing. How old is he, 33, 34?
I think there have been better,even halperin will be better,good player but i have seen him have some real stinkers too.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 04:42 PM   #9
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

LuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat cool

In terms of age Ricky rubio
LuppersGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:05 PM   #10
gg1527
Can barely lace up my sneakers

gg1527 has an OK reputation so far

Rubio...Rubio....and...Rubio.......not sure who #4 is!!!!!!........and on the subject of ...RUBIO....does anybody have any ideas on how to get any memorabilia/jersey/ANYTHING.....regarding the Boy Wonder???????.........the only connection I have is his team...but....the language barrier is a killer....any help would be very appreciated.....gg 1527gg2 @yahoo.com.....thanks.....GG
gg1527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:22 PM   #11
simasu01
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg1527
Rubio...Rubio....and...Rubio.......not sure who #4 is!!!!!!........and on the subject of ...RUBIO....does anybody have any ideas on how to get any memorabilia/jersey/ANYTHING.....regarding the Boy Wonder???????.........the only connection I have is his team...but....the language barrier is a killer....any help would be very appreciated.....gg 1527gg2 @yahoo.com.....thanks.....GG

http://www.igmtech.com/joventut/php/...sid=1624946638

where it says talla select your size and nombre jugador is the player you want. precio is price and cantidad is quantity
Old 02-09-2008, 11:22 PM   #12
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There's a couple of Australians, who are projected to go in the draft this year if they declare.

Nathan Jawai is currently getting alot of NBA hype at the moment here in Australia. He's been projected as a late 1st round, early 2nd round pick if he declares for the draft. He reminds me alot of Tractor Traylor, but with more athletisism. I wouldn't take him with a 1st rounder. He can dominate in Australia, because he's huge, and the league has a lack of decent bigmen, but he doesn't have any real moves other than overpowering the opposing player, which he probably won't be able to do at the NBA level. At the moment on DraftExpress, he's projected at #30, going to the Boston Celtics. He's listed as 6,10, he's probably closer to 6,8 or 6,9.

Joe Ingles has also had some NBA scouts watching him. He was the NBL rookie of the year last year. He's currently playing for the South Melbourne Dragons, who suck ass, so he's had plenty of oppurtunities to show he can play. He's another case of a guy who'll need work, if he's to stick in the NBA. He can shoot the ball, but he's not all that quick and he can get burned by faster players on the perimeter.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...rom=public_rss

Brad Newly is also another guy who could be a decent player in the NBA. He was drafted by the Rockets last year, but they're kinda heavy in the backcourt, so I don't know if they have any plans on bringing him over anytime soon. He's currently playing in Europe.

Julius Hodge did play in the NBA, and he's currently playing in the NBL. He's absolutly lighting up the place at the moment, if he had of played the whole season, he could be a serious candidate for the NBL MVP. It's still unknown if he'll play in Australia next year, but it looks like he'll have another go at the NBA again, or if that fails, back to Europe, where there's more money.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 05:05 AM   #13
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
http://www.igmtech.com/joventut/php/...sid=1624946638

where it says talla select your size and nombre jugador is the player you want. precio is price and cantidad is quantity

Whats the difference between the numbers and the sizes like Large and Small?
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:11 PM   #14
simasu01
Decent playground baller

i think the numbers might be for women while the letters for men. i'm not sure i'd go with letter though
Old 02-10-2008, 03:27 PM   #15
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
i think the numbers might be for women while the letters for men. i'm not sure i'd go with letter though
do they accept the dollar and ship to the states?
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: