Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 03-25-2008, 08:59 PM   #31
Phenomenon
Ball Above All

Phenomenon has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Ever been owned by a game?

San Andreas is so easy it's not even funny, toughest mission in that game was Air Raid and Supply Lines...Air Raids, IMO, is the tougher of the two because so much luck is involved.

SA is hands down the best out of the 3 so far...GTA 4 will be incredible.
Phenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:02 PM   #32
ShowtymeCA2NC
Serious playground baller

ShowtymeCA2NC has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon
San Andreas is so easy it's not even funny, toughest mission in that game was Air Raid and Supply Lines...Air Raids, IMO, is the tougher of the two because so much luck is involved.

dude...that damn air raid was hard as shyt..it took me FOREVER to beat that cuz for some odd reason it was always dark when i did the mission and it made it damn near impossible..GTA san andreas was just too damn long ya feel me..it wasnt too hard just certain boards
ShowtymeCA2NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:38 AM   #33
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I haven't beaten GTA III yet. I can't pass the 2nd to last mission, the one where you have to blow up 5 coffee stands or something like that, in about 5 minutes, and they are scattered throughout the whole city. You literaly make a single mistake and you'll run out of time. It's freaking hard because blowing up the stands gets the cops and gangsters on you, which makes it even harder to drive.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:40 AM   #34
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I often just get stuck on a game, then come back, and can do it, thats why i just stick to like exhebitions on most things(unless its all you can do)

Battlefield 2 was good, i found myself getting stuck here and there, SUCKS it wasnt multiplayer
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 05:35 PM   #35
Phenomenon
Ball Above All

Phenomenon has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
dude...that damn air raid was hard as shyt..it took me FOREVER to beat that cuz for some odd reason it was always dark when i did the mission and it made it damn near impossible..

It's impossible to beat it during the night, ENTER the mission when it's like 10am...time of day counts for that mission. The key to beating that mission is getting a good start, if you pop all those planes from a good distance you'll cruise through the mission...you need to last like 3-4 minutes I believe, but yeah toughest mission in the game is Air Raid...I beat it purely on luck, not skill.

Quote:
I can't pass the 2nd to last mission, the one where you have to blow up 5 coffee stands or something like that, in about 5 minutes, and they are scattered throughout the whole city.

It's not the last mission, I know the "S.A.M." mission is after that and then I have another mission after SAM...but I know exactly what you're talking about, that **** is was MAD hard...took me a while too, but eventually I finished it...I believe it's more like 7-8 shops and they are scattered in all 3 cities, so you actually have to cross the big ass bridge and stuff...you need to do drive near perfectly to beat that mission.

I still say Vice City was the toughest I quit after being at like 30% through it, I beat both GTA 3 and SA...I still remember that stupid coffin mission where the guy is throwing bombs at you and you have the ruin their funeral or something...I played it like 4-5 years ago.
Phenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:44 AM   #36
tmacfan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

tmacfan has an OK reputation so far

oblivion on 360 is just so long! not necesarily too hard although parts are incredibly difficult it just goes on and on and on..I didnt get close to finishing!
tmacfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:08 PM   #37
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacfan
oblivion on 360 is just so long! not necesarily too hard although parts are incredibly difficult it just goes on and on and on..I didnt get close to finishing!

Yeah, I was getting close, then I got an expansion and now it's going to take even longer.
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:50 AM   #38
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Sonic 3. Can't get past the Carnival Night Zone, there's this ****ing spot where you get trapped in a chute with this bouncing barrel thing. Nearly drove me crazy back when I was a kid, then I figured **** it and gave up. Have never bothered looking up what I was doing wrong. Maybe I will now.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:54 AM   #39
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Quote:

I really hate the flying missions in that game. It took me sooooooo long to fly the plane behind the other plane and jump to the other plane. That was some bull****, too damn hard. I eventually got it, but what a waste of time.

And the one with the remote control plane? That **** is nie on impossible. I got it, but it took me like a day of frustration and wall-punching.

And the flight training missions! Good GOD, that **** took forever too!
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:21 AM   #40
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Charlie Sheen has decent reputationCharlie Sheen has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacfan

The trick to Oblivion is in your Major/Minor skill assignment. Assign the worthless skills in the game (ie: marksman, light/heavy armor -- useles-- since u can enchant other apparel items) as your major skills. The reason for doing this is to keep your character at a low level so the enemies/monsters you fight also remain at the lower levels.

If you've played any of the previous elder scrolls titles, you realize how easy it is to level up magic skill (continually casting low level spells from different schools). iirc destruction takes the longest, or maybe it is restoration.

Anywho, the most enjoyment i had from this game was in the Arena, but like everything else in Oblivion it loses its appeal after the 7th time of doing basically the exact same task.

if you're a tedious person, feel free to experiment with the potions. If not... http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Useful_Potions
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 05:03 PM   #41
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Oldschool: Zelda II on NES. Tried it again in my mid 20's on an emulator. Playing it again recently on Gamecube. Still haven't beat it.

Also: Zelda Majora's Mask. But mostly because I get irritated by the whole three day time limit thing and stop playing it. Seems like you're always having to start things over or do the same things over and over again. Very annoying.

More recently:

GT3 (gran turismo, not grand theft auto). I got to a certain point and just couldn't get passed it. Saved it in the middle of a series of races, and I can't do anything else with that saved game because I'm stuck.

GTA3 San Andreas: Stopped playing it more out of tedium than anything else. I didn't WANT to beat it, because it was such a good game I didn't want it to end. Not saying this game gets me stuck, but there ARE some side missions I can't quite seem to beat. Mostly the racing ones.

For some reason I've never done quite well with racing games.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:54 AM   #42
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kid Chameleon for Sega Genesis is unbeatable.

I've played the game since I was 10 (I'm 27 now, and still own the game on and emulator) and still can't beat it.

I believe I've spent up to 4 hours, gotten to level 150ish, then died and had to start all over.

Anyone who says they have beaten this game without the help of Game Genie is lying.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:02 AM   #43
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
GTA3 San Andreas: Stopped playing it more out of tedium than anything else. I didn't WANT to beat it, because it was such a good game I didn't want it to end. Not saying this game gets me stuck, but there ARE some side missions I can't quite seem to beat. Mostly the racing ones.

For some reason I've never done quite well with racing games.

Mathius
I suck pretty hard at racing games too. Well, I suck at realistic racing games. Stuff like Burnout I like cause you just drive like a maniac. I haven't played a Gran Turismo game since the 2nd one, I'd get so frustrated with them.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:36 PM   #44
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

Ha, my first two thoughts were Punch Out and TMNT. And Game Genie? I haven't seen those words in 12 years. Hilarious!

I seem to remember Wizards and Warriors for the NES being tough. It seemed like every time I got near the end, someone would jump or move fast across the room and the NES would reset. I'll take that feeling to my grave, forever burned in my mind.

Red Card Soccer for the Xbox was so goddamn hard. You had to beat teams made of animals, like penguins, apes, martians, etc. It was so f-ing hard, but then again it may have been fueled by my alcohol-based college days.

The two bonus rounds at the end of Goldeneye for the 64 were really tough.

Was Jaws for the NES hard or just stupid? Cant remember.

Dragon Warrior for the NES was tough too.

Ha, good memories.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:50 AM   #45
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Same way I felt for Vice City.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: