Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-14-2008, 01:53 PM   #151
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

ScolaFan has decent reputationScolaFan has decent reputation
Default Re: NBA suspends Bruce Bowen for kicking Chris Paul

Quote:
Bruce Bowen suspended for tonights game

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...v=st&type=lgns

Spurs F Bowen suspended one game
6 minutes ago

NEW YORK (TICKER) —San Antonio Spurs forward Bruce Bowen was suspended one game without pay for striking New Orleans Hornets guard Chris Paul with his leg, the NBA announced Friday.

The incident occurred following a foul call on Paul with 5:15 remaining in the third quarter of the Spurs’ 100-75 loss to the Hornets on Wednesday.

Bowen will serve his suspension Friday when the Spurs visit the Detroit Pistons.

Last edited by ScolaFan : 03-14-2008 at 01:58 PM.
ScolaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 01:56 PM   #152
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

Of all the suspensions he should have had I'm a Hornets fan and don't think this one is a big deal. The second kick people thought they saw was actually both of them disengaging, Bowen backing up and Paul lying back to the floor just look both of them with their hands up. Just from that angle it looked like he had pushed Paul back to the floor. Trust me if something had actually happened Paul would have been T'd up for nonstop whining, he tends to do that.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 01:57 PM   #153
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just type "bruce bowen chris paul" in YouTube and you'll find plenty.

Seems to me like CP3 started the thing though.
Jasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 01:59 PM   #154
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

ScolaFan has decent reputationScolaFan has decent reputation

If it was Bruce's fault why did they give the foul to Paul?????

morons...
ScolaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:01 PM   #155
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScolaFan
If it was Bruce's fault why did they give the foul to Paul?????

morons...

lol?
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:04 PM   #156
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZNwS...url=http://www.

yup definitely not worth suspension, Paul is more at fault than Bowen. Looks like he pulled a Hodge on Bowen though this one seems unintentional. If you look at the direction the ball is going he's trying to regain control of it but his hand ends up in Bowen's junk. Bowen responds with a little knee to the head. Then Paul was getting up and Bowen was backing up; when the ref blew the whistle they both put their hands up and Paul lied back on the ground. Unfortunately for Bowen the first camera angle made it look like he pushed him back down to the ground

Strangely, ref was right, people who reviewed the play with video evidence got it completely wrong. They were probably just influenced by fan pressure

And I am a Hornets fan

Last edited by yobore : 03-14-2008 at 02:09 PM.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:08 PM   #157
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I love Chris Paul, and I hate Bruce Bowen, but it looked like Paul flopped. Finally though! Bowen gets something he doesn't deserve.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:08 PM   #158
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobore
Are you kidding me? A suspension for that? Neither guy done anything wrong, they were both trying to regain possession of the ball.

You guys are a bunch of f'n pansies, lighten up.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:10 PM   #159
Darkess
High School Varsity 12th Man

Darkess has not been impressing people

Strangely, I really don't care whether Bowen was guilty or not (and he may not have been). He's deserved so much more punishment in the past, I really wouldn't care if they gave him a suspension for looking at the ref funny.
Darkess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:11 PM   #160
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Are you kidding me? A suspension for that? Neither guy done anything wrong, they were both trying to regain possession of the ball.

You guys are a bunch of f'n pansies, lighten up.
That camera angle does not show what Bowen did. He purposely kicked Paul while he was on the ground. I think he was suspended because the NBA is looking at this in the context of other dirty plays he has not been suspended for. I am glad they are doing this so that he and the Spurs know he will be suspended if he does his usual crap in the playoffs.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:12 PM   #161
applejoe
Decent playground baller

applejoe has an OK reputation so far

But.. but.. but.. David Stern and the NBA always favors the Spurs!!!

So much for that theory, this is probably one of the few times Bowen actually did something intentionally dirty
applejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:14 PM   #162
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
That camera angle does not show what Bowen did. He purposely kicked Paul while he was on the ground. I think he was suspended because the NBA is looking at this in the context of other dirty plays he has not been suspended for. I am glad they are doing this so that he and the Spurs know he will be suspended if he does his usual crap in the playoffs.
You got a link to this other camera angle?
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:15 PM   #163
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex has decent reputation

He deserves it..
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:18 PM   #164
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

ExpatSunsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkess
Strangely, I really don't care whether Bowen was guilty or not (and he may not have been). He's deserved so much more punishment in the past, I really wouldn't care if they gave him a suspension for looking at the ref funny.
QFT
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:18 PM   #165
yobore
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48

No that camera angle is clear as day it was a pretty innocent play. As a big fan of Paul since his Wake days I knew right away it wasn't a bad play because he didn't go crazy afterwards, even with the offensive foul call.

Amazing that this is the call that finally gets Bowen to miss a game
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: