Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-14-2008, 07:29 PM   #1
Bruinlove
Banned

Bruinlove has an OK reputation so far
Default Gasol Ankle Sprain Gasol Ankle Sprain & Status - POST ALL UPDATES HERE

We have the worst luck with injuries of any team in the league. Shaq must have cursed us.

Last edited by SoCalMike : 03-14-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Bruinlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:56 PM   #2
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Gasol Ankle Sprain

Seriously, this injury bug just won't go away Now we really need to get Mihm back.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:57 PM   #3
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

How did it happen? Was it bad?
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:08 PM   #4
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7...me-vs.-Hornets

NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Pau Gasol sprained his left ankle and needed help limping off the court in the first quarter of the Los Angeles Lakers' game against the New Orleans Hornets on Friday night.

Gasol was running into the lane looking for a potential offensive rebound when he appeared to step on teammate Vladimir Radmanovic's foot.
Gasol came up lame, favoring his left leg, as the Hornets took the ball the other way, then was helped to the locker room after New Orleans scored and the Lakers called timeout. Lakers officials said the 7-foot starting center, who is averaging 19.2 points and 8.6 rebounds this season, would not return to the game.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:13 PM   #5
Tainted Sword
World Champion WOOOO~!

Tainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat cool

I swear, if this would have been a serious injury, I would've cut my pen*s off. I had my camera ready too....
Tainted Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:11 PM   #6
Local High School Star

211269 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainted Sword
I swear, if this would have been a serious injury, I would've cut my pen*s off. I had my camera ready too....

Its going to sideline him for probably a few games, thats serious enough on this roadtrip. Could go 1-3 or 0-4 because of it and drop out of the top 6. This is just unbelievable and it sucks.
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:40 PM   #7
Phenomenon
Ball Above All

Phenomenon has an OK reputation so far

Gasol came up lame, favoring his left leg, as the Hornets took the ball the other way, then was helped to the locker room after New Orleans scored and the Lakers called timeout. Lakers officials said the 7-foot starting center, who is averaging 19.2 points and 8.6 rebounds this season, would not return to the game.

Pretty classless, in my opinion...I hate when teams do that.
Phenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:43 PM   #8
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Programming Note: Lets use this as the "official" update thread for all posts related to Pau Gasol's Ankle.

I am still in shock... this could be bad enough to last into the playoffs depending on its severity!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:45 PM   #9
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dammmmmiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!! !

Just when you were starting to believe that all was in the up and up.. something like this occurs...

Its frustrating as hell to ponder that we may not be able to see this team elevate until next season.. when Bynum(knee), Ariza(foot), Gasol (back and ankle), Bryant (torn pinky) can contribute at full strenght...

Im aware that Gasols injury is currently not seen as long term, but its still a pain to a fan, to see the constant set backs!
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:57 PM   #10
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i really wanted us to end houston's streak
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:53 PM   #11
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Gasol Ankle Sprain Gasol Ankle Sprain & Status - POST ALL UPDATES HERE

Man...what is it with all these injuries? Most caused by our own team.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 01:54 AM   #12
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Gasol Ankle Sprain Gasol Ankle Sprain & Status - POST ALL UPDATES HERE

Quote:
Gasol missed about two weeks after sustaining a sprained ankle in training camp that produced "similar pain, a similar reaction," he said.

X-rays were negative and an official recovery timetable will be determined today after Gasol undergoes an MRI exam either in Houston or Los Angeles.

Gasol went with the team on its charter flight to Houston, where the Lakers play Sunday, but it looked like it would be a painful evening.

Before leaving New Orleans Arena, he had his left foot propped up on a padded trainer's table as he received "electro-stim" treatment. When it was time to go, he winced as he pulled on a black sock. Trainer Gary Vitti slowly and gingerly applied a walking boot, and Gasol walked out on a pair of metal crutches.

"We've got to make sure there's no damage on the ligaments, at least not too bad," said Gasol, who seemed determined to return soon. "I enjoy playing basketball. I don't enjoy watching. I'm not a watcher. I want to be back as soon as I can."

It looked like he would miss the final three games of the Lakers' trip.

"I would be ecstatic if it was only the next three," Coach Phil Jackson said. "Maybe not ecstatic, but, you know, happy."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...wed-storylevel
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 02:18 AM   #13
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle

Sh*t .......not good.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:35 AM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegod
Seriously, this injury bug just won't go away Now we really need to get Mihm back.

lol
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:36 AM   #15
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

LuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat cool

Whos gona play the majority of minutes at centre for the next few games? Turiaf and Lamar?
Why? Why? Why? Why now!!!!
LuppersGB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: