Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 03-16-2008, 04:51 PM   #1
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation
Default OT: NFL Draft

Any of you pay attention to the NFL Draft also? I did for the past few years, but this year I haven't paid much attention. Part of what draws me to the NFL Draft is the fact that you can still get a great player late in the 1st round because there are so many positions, which allows for more elitists down the line. Since I've been away from the NFL Draft this year, I keep hearing names like Leodis McKelvin, Phillip Merling, Ryan Clady, etc. all going in the first round, and I really feel at a loss. I still know guys like Mendenhall, Brohm, and Ryan, but I really feel dumber than dirt this year. What's your thoughts on the NFL Draft? Post mocks here if you want, I enjoy reading them.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:06 PM   #2
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: OT: NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
Leodis McKelvin

Former top Georgia recruit who at the time did not have the grades. He dedicated himself to the books when given a second chance at Troy University. He will graduate with a GPA north of 3.0. He wowed the coaches and the other players at the Senior Bowl and will most likely be the first corner taken in the draft.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:46 PM   #3
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

if miami doesn't either trade for a huge deal or select darren mcfadden- it proves the stupidity of the nfl and it's draft
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:59 PM   #4
Dasher

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
if miami doesn't either trade for a huge deal or select darren mcfadden- it proves the stupidity of the nfl and it's draft

Because of the nature of the NFL and its draft selecting McFadden would actually be a terrible pick for them. The Reggie Bush draft should have reinforced the notions that has been preached for years in the NFL and continue to be proved to be correct the game is won and lost in the trenches and quality running backs grow on trees. Adding DMC to a team with a terrible offensive line will not markedly improve the Dolphins, taking a left tackle, defensive end, or a nose tackle will.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:25 PM   #5
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
Well, If I remember correctly before Ronnie Brown was injured he lead the NFL in rushing yards and rushing TD's. If he could get Jake long added to that crappy O-Line they have, he could probably produce even bigger numbers.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:42 PM   #6
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Top 5 picks

Miami- Jake Long
St Louis- Chris Long
Atlanta- Matt Ryan
Oakland- Glenn Dorsey
Kansas City- Trade down or reach on lineman

Agree/disagree with my feeble projections?
Old 03-20-2008, 06:33 PM   #7
phazed out
I brick open layups

phazed out has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Top 5 picks

Miami- Jake Long
St Louis- Chris Long
Atlanta- Matt Ryan
Oakland- Glenn Dorsey
Kansas City- Trade down or reach on lineman

Agree/disagree with my feeble projections?

I like that but i think mcfadden will be drafted in the top 5. Although he has a lot of baggage u cant deny his talent.4.3 40. Look at what AD did last year
phazed out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:34 PM   #8
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The only spot I can see McFadden going to in the top five (barring any trade-up) is at #4 to Oakland. It will be interesting to see what they do.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:53 PM   #9
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

you know alot of people are comparing mcfadden to AP... look, mcafaddens dammm good and he's goin to be a great back, but thats just not fair, you can't compare them two, AP has someone named steve hutchinson, im not sure if you've heard of him but he's the Otackle for the vikes and EX seahawk that used to block for the seahawks, btw has anyone heard of shaun alexander lately? EXACTLY! mcfadden AP comparisons are really not fair at all.
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:06 PM   #10
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
you know alot of people are comparing mcfadden to AP... look, mcafaddens dammm good and he's goin to be a great back, but thats just not fair, you can't compare them two, AP has someone named steve hutchinson, im not sure if you've heard of him but he's the Otackle for the vikes and EX seahawk that used to block for the seahawks, btw has anyone heard of shaun alexander lately? EXACTLY! mcfadden AP comparisons are really not fair at all.

Isn't Hutchinson a guard?

Was on Madden last I checked, but that's probably not the greatest of sources to use.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:18 PM   #11
Dasher

Quote:
Isn't Hutchinson a guard?

Was on Madden last I checked, but that's probably not the greatest of sources to use.

Yeah the best run-blocking guard in the league, Shaun Alexander's production fell off precipitously after Hutchy signed his poison-pill deal with the Vikes.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: