Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 03-16-2008, 11:08 PM   #1
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here
Default Who is going to get the next NBA game cover?

Who do you guys think? Any type of game, the Sony ones, the 2k, or EA. I'm thinking they have to get LeBron eventually, and they made a good choice with CP3, because he's blowing up right now.

For EA, I went through the list of NBA teams, and these are my prime candidates ;KG, LeBron, AI, Dwight, Amare(he was on Sony, so maybe he won't do EA), Brandon Roy. I factored in being on the cover recently, and marketing appeal.

Random Note: There was a custom jersey contest, and the best custom jersey would be included as downloadable content for Live 2008.
EA Sports NBA Live 08 Jersey Creator

Last edited by WhiteMosɘs : 03-16-2008 at 11:12 PM.
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:28 AM   #2
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Who is going to get the next NBA game cover?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMosɘs
Who do you guys think? Any type of game, the Sony ones, the 2k, or EA. I'm thinking they have to get LeBron eventually, and they made a good choice with CP3, because he's blowing up right now.

For EA, I went through the list of NBA teams, and these are my prime candidates ;KG, LeBron, AI, Dwight, Amare(he was on Sony, so maybe he won't do EA), Brandon Roy. I factored in being on the cover recently, and marketing appeal.

Random Note: There was a custom jersey contest, and the best custom jersey would be included as downloadable content for Live 2008.

It won't be Dwight, he's on the cover for NBA Ballers:Chosen One, but yeah he would have been an ideal candidate. Not sure EA would go for CP3 considering he's on 2K8 already.

Don't ask me why, but I think Kevin Durant might get some cover time soon enough. Just a feeling. I'm just not sure they will use LeBron yet. He's got so many endorsements already, it would take a lot of paperwork to get him. They got plenty of years still to use him. Chris Bosh?

Perhaps Monta Ellis? Deron Williams? Greg Oden? Some youngster like that? Like I said I believe Durant will be on a cover very soon.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:28 AM   #3
determined2win
I hit open layups

determined2win has an OK reputation so far

maybe rajon rondo
determined2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:40 AM   #4
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by determined2win
maybe rajon rondo

If it was going to be anyone from Boston, it would be KG, maybe Truth.

Rondo doesn't have the marketing potential a lot of other players have right now.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:39 PM   #5
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
It won't be Dwight, he's on the cover for NBA Ballers:Chosen One, but yeah he would have been an ideal candidate. Not sure EA would go for CP3 considering he's on 2K8 already.

Don't ask me why, but I think Kevin Durant might get some cover time soon enough. Just a feeling. I'm just not sure they will use LeBron yet. He's got so many endorsements already, it would take a lot of paperwork to get him. They got plenty of years still to use him. Chris Bosh?

Perhaps Monta Ellis? Deron Williams? Greg Oden? Some youngster like that? Like I said I believe Durant will be on a cover very soon.

Quote:

CP3 wasn't one of my candidates.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:22 PM   #6
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
CP3 wasn't one of my candidates.

My bad, I misread your first sentence.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:37 PM   #7
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They should use Deron Williams, or Greg Oden. I would not be happy with someone like Iverson, who is playing great, but is too damn old.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:53 PM   #8
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
They should use Deron Williams, or Greg Oden. I would not be happy with someone like Iverson, who is playing great, but is too damn old.

Yeah, I wonder about GO, he was just on a 2k college cover. I was thinking without even a playing year under his belt, they might not take the chance.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:20 PM   #9
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
AI was on 2k1, 2, 3, and 4(ESPN Basketball)
I doubt he'd be on it again.

I say Deron Williams or LeBron.
Its weird cause LeBron is probably the NBA's biggest star and hes not on the cover of any games.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:45 PM   #10
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My random guesses:

NBA 2K9- Brandon Roy or Deron Williams maybe Baron Davis too

NBA Live 09- Lebron, T-Mac, or KG
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 06:15 PM   #11
J_Rock3ts
The Truth

J_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
My random guesses:

NBA 2K9- Brandon Roy or Deron Williams maybe Baron Davis too

NBA Live 09- Lebron, T-Mac, or KG

T-Mac was on Live 2007, and I'm pretty sure KG was on an earlier NBA Live. Didn't they try to get LeBron last year? I think he wanted too much money for the endorsement. I think your choices for 2k9 would be 3 choices EA might consider for NBA Live 2009. I don't even have a slight guess on who might be on 2k9.
J_Rock3ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:09 PM   #12
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd take Deron Williams, maybe Durant even though I can't stand him, or Gerald Wallace maybe? I would like Kevin Martin...
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:22 AM   #13
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

Yeah I was thinking Durant, but he did all that advertising stuff for the game with Agent Zero last year, and also being on the front of March Madness 08, so would that prevent him from getting a cover? Actually I just remember Melo was on the March Madness 05 cover, and then got the NBA Live 2005 cover. I predict it could be Durant. If not, perhaps Greg Oden?
Old 03-19-2008, 11:58 AM   #14
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

NBA 2k9 - Chris Paul
NBA Live - Dwight Howard
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 02:23 PM   #15
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
NBA 2k9 - Chris Paul
NBA Live - Dwight Howard

2k8 had Chris Paul on the cover.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: