Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 03-17-2008, 03:34 PM   #1
PlatteontheRiver
Can barely lace up my sneakers

PlatteontheRiver has an OK reputation so far
Question Next Year?

First, I have not given up on this year! I look forward to some surprising things from the Wizards. What does everyone think the team will be like next year? I like the young players but that is what they are, young and inexperienced. The injuries have given them some valuable playing time. My question is about the veterans. Will Eton have a place on the team or more value in a trade? How much will Jamison want to sign a four-five year contract? What will they do with the pg position with Daniels getting older and his contract? How will they realistically do this under the salary cap if Arenas gets a max contract? Let's have a meaningful discussion!
PlatteontheRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:12 AM   #2
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation
Default Re: Next Year?

We need to get more defense in the off-season and a low-post scorer first.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:39 AM   #3
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well, speaking of defense we had a great performance against Superman & The Magic, didn't we? And it mostly came from a very efficient Haywood...

For next year, my personal dream would be to have my favourite player (Danilo Gallinari) picked by the Wizards, but it's very unlikely because he will probably be picked in the top 10.

For the Wizards I'd just wish Andray Blatche to improve a HELL of a lot and become All-Star material.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:33 PM   #4
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
Well, speaking of defense we had a great performance against Superman & The Magic, didn't we? And it mostly came from a very efficient Haywood...

For next year, my personal dream would be to have my favourite player (Danilo Gallinari) picked by the Wizards, but it's very unlikely because he will probably be picked in the top 10.

For the Wizards I'd just wish Andray Blatche to improve a HELL of a lot and become All-Star material.
What I meant on defense is to get rid of Jamison. I'd rather give him up for a player who can get 14-15 points, most of which coming from in the paint, and playing great defense. Haywood can stay just because he's a decent rebounder but we definatley need an offense force in the paint, Jamison isn't giving us that.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:04 PM   #5
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix
What I meant on defense is to get rid of Jamison. I'd rather give him up for a player who can get 14-15 points, most of which coming from in the paint, and playing great defense. Haywood can stay just because he's a decent rebounder but we definatley need an offense force in the paint, Jamison isn't giving us that.

Well, on that I agree with you.
I can see Antawn is a bit lacking in D... still it's very hard to let go a man that has been coming up with a double double almost every game since weeks. On the offense side I surely prefer him rather than Caron, who seems to care more of the show than of the result, sometimes.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:06 PM   #6
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
Well, on that I agree with you.
I can see Antawn is a bit lacking in D... still it's very hard to let go a man that has been coming up with a double double almost every game since weeks. On the offense side I surely prefer him rather than Caron, who seems to care more of the show than of the result, sometimes.
Well, next year if we let Antawn go and we still have Gilbert and Caron that's around 45-50 points a game between them. Count in Brendan Haywood for 10 and next years starting shooting guard for 10-15. Get a good low post scorer who can get at least 15 a game and thats around 70-80 points a game with just the starters. So hopefully we'll have a high enough powered offense and get the defense a bit better. We do not need Antawn Jamison. We don't need another person who takes jumpshots; we have Gilbert, Butler, and Stevenson.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:39 AM   #7
Koop1
Great young streetballer

Koop1 has an OK reputation so far

lol @ not needing Antawn
dude has basically carried the team throughout the Entire season
Koop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:43 PM   #8
PlatteontheRiver
Can barely lace up my sneakers

PlatteontheRiver has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koop1
lol @ not needing Antawn
dude has basically carried the team throughout the Entire season
How much will Antawn command this off season?
PlatteontheRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: