Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-28-2008, 07:56 PM   #16
Coop-A-Loop
I can handle it!!!

Coop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Relative Greatness of Kobe

In the Daily Dime on ESPN.com today Jalen Rose thought that Paul deserved the MVP at this point and stated that Kobe was never really in the conversation until the Lakers acquired Gasol and started on the winning streak and therefore should be 3rd behind Paul and Garnett.
I will give you Paul - he is having a tremendous year - but isn't Garnett the same guy who couldn't lead the T-Wolves anywhere and now all of a sudden when he is flanked by two All-Stars he is an MVP?

Can someone explain that?
Coop-A-Loop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:46 PM   #17
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's easily explained. Garnett has always been great, one of the top 5 players in the league IMO. Just like Kobe he can't win on his own. It took a few other pieces. Of course he wasn't going to have the opportunity to do much in Minnesota. When he had another piece (a younger Cassell) they went to the WCF and lost to the Lakers. Kobe had (before Gasols injury) one other all-star next to him and the Lakers were the best in the West. Garnett needed 2 beside of him to make his team the best in the East. Therefore, I still think Kobe is the best in the league, but if it isn't going to be Kobe to win it, I think KG deserves it the most. That team was terrible last year. With KG and Allen they have the best record in the league. I think Paul has been terrific but so have a ton of other PG's.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:09 PM   #18
Coop-A-Loop
I can handle it!!!

Coop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

dd24 I agree with what you said with the exception of I don't see where Paul being a guard and other guards having great years plays into it?
How does that go against what he has done with that team this year?
Coop-A-Loop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:11 PM   #19
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I should have made myself more clear. Do you think if Paul played for Utah and Deron Williams played for NO that Paul would still be an MVP candidate? Don't get me wrong, I think Paul is one of the best PG's in the game and what he has done is wonderful. I'm not so certain that somebody else who is great wouldn't have lead the team the same way. On the flip side, I don't think there is a big guy who can do what KG can do, and this has been for a number of years. If KG wasn't in Minnesota his entire career think about how much more of a big deal he would be. I think Kobe is still the best in the league, KG would be #2, Chris Paul would be #3 and Lebron is #4. This is just MVP voting. I think if the Cavs were great it would hardly be a discussion. Since they probably never will be we don't have to worry about that. If anybody buy Kobe wins it, I want it to be KG.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: