Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-18-2008, 10:20 PM   #1
kshutts1
Great college starter

kshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default trade thought

I didn't see a trade thread, so sorry for making a new one (if there already was one).

I was just thinking the other day... granted, we should see how this season goes, but I think the team could be improved by a decent amount by trading bynum for an athletic wingman that can defend, create his own shot, etc... basically take some "creation" pressure off kobe, take some defensive pressure off of him, move Odom back to the 4 spot (more athletic than gasol, so better able to guard the new generation PF) while still keeping a post presence.

This is what I posted in a sixers forum:

"I was thinking about the Lakers the other day, and how they will

Not worrying about salaries, how does this trade sit with you?

Sixers get: Bynum, first round pick from Lakers

lakers get: Iggy, 1st and 2nd round picks from sixers

My thinking was this: your team has a glut of swingmen (granted, not as good as Iggy, but a glut nonetheless, and they are all young) and very few post players. the general thinking is that post players are the most valuable commodity in the league... so trade an up-and-coming star in the post for an up-and-coming star on the wings. Iggy isn't a good go-to player... imagine a front court of bynum and dalembert harrassing defenses, with louis williams, andre miller, thaddeus young, rodney stuckey/carney (whichever you have, I can never remember) on the wings. That is a solid team, IMO

Lakers still have their post presence with Gasol, but with Iggy they get better overall team defense, and a much more athletic lineup with Odom at the 4 (better able to guard the marions and amares and dirks than gasol or bynum) and Iggy at the 3.

I like it for both teams... what do you think? Only reason I have the sixers giving up two draft picks is for the aforementioned "fact" that post players are more valuable than swingmen"

what do you think? I'm not giving up on bynum at all.. just saying it may be a good move to enhance the team a little
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:18 PM   #2
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: trade thought

How do you make the trade dollars work (CBA)? (sorry, I always have to think about whether the trade is realistic to some degree)

Personally, I would never trade a big with that kind of potential for a small... sorry.

By the way, feel free to introduce yourself here: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=50990&page=10

Participate more!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:31 AM   #3
Kappy
Local High School Star

Kappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat coolKappy is considered somewhat cool

NO, NO, NO ........... Sorry, but the Lakers will not give up Bynum. And, truthfully, I and a lot of people would be really p'd if they did!! .... BUT that's something I seriously doubt the Laker fans will have to think or worry about for a long time. Bynum is going to be a Laker for a long, long time!!!!
Kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:05 AM   #4
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

huh? bynum for iggy? errr no. this would probably go over better in the 76ers forum...

we need interior defense not more perimeter guys... pau is not a true big man, he's tall but not a true center like bynum...he's a forward
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:35 PM   #5
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

yeah,
I agree Andre Igoudala will be a great player(If he isn’t already)
But we have a stud in Bynum. It is just very hard to find a good big man these days. Especially, one who can rebound, shot block, play defense, and is athletic and could even pass.
You just cant give that up. IMO, you shouldn’t trade for big for small unless you are getting a Jordan/Kobe kinda guy.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 02:02 PM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wouldn't even trade Michael Jordan for iggy
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:03 PM   #7
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have no interest in moving Bynum for a small. I'd be hesitant to trade Bynum period except for a LBJ and we all know that isn't going to happen lol
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:59 PM   #8
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers

Ryansrams has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegod
I have no interest in moving Bynum for a small. I'd be hesitant to trade Bynum period except for a LBJ and we all know that isn't going to happen lol
Or a Dwight Howard>>
Ryansrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:23 PM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryansrams
Or a Dwight Howard>>

Not even.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:31 PM   #10
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I wouldn't even trade Michael Jordan for iggy

haha
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 02:45 PM   #11
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Fedor - Laker has an OK reputation so far

Yea because the last thing the we need is some talent that won't get use to the triangle offense (ala Caron Butler), or needs hell of a time to assimilate into it.

If you haven't caught on already (with the departure of Shaq and scrub Kwame as the starter C), we need a player who can rack up the boards, stop players from driving inside the paint like its a stroll in the park, who can score at will in the post, and block shots.

That man is Bynum.
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:17 PM   #12
ShowtymeCA2NC
Serious playground baller

ShowtymeCA2NC has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Not even.

u wouldnt???I would have to think about that one...Howard is a Manchild..i like Bynum too but i would have to give that one some serious thought
ShowtymeCA2NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:31 PM   #13
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowtymeCA2NC
u wouldnt???I would have to think about that one...Howard is a Manchild..i like Bynum too but i would have to give that one some serious thought

yeshoward is a beast on the boards, and is very good

but when you watch him play, his scoring ability, meaning his moves are subpar

whereas with bynum, i noticed that even though eveyone says he gets all his points from passes and put backs, he has a very UNDERRATED postgame, and it is developing exponentialy..
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:39 PM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowtymeCA2NC

Well I think that Bynum will be a better offensive player. The defense is going to be the same between but Bynum has more moves on the floor (hook shots...etc) and I would think he's a better passer anyways which fits our system more.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: