Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 08-10-2006, 11:54 PM   #1
Starks4/3
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Starks4/3 has no real reputation yet.
Default Larry Brown sabotaged last season

I'm tired of hearing these Bulls fans running their mouths about getting getting Greg Oden. How are they gonna do that when the Knicks win at least 35 games next year? F*** that!

The biggest problem last year was Larry Brown and his ass is gone, with his 44 diff. starting lineups. WTF was that? He either wanted to get fired, undermine Thomas or went senile. All I know is in my 15 years watching basketball the two worst coaching jobs I have ever seen was the 05-6 Knicks coached by LB, and the 2004 USA team coached by one L. Brown. I think he shuffled the lineup last year so much to try and show Dolan that he would he would be a better GM and Prez than Isaiah - a failed power play at the expense of everybody else.

Look at the Knicks roster! It's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. At least 10 more wins w/o Brown.
Starks4/3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:50 AM   #2
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

So you are blaming your sh!tty season on Larry Brown? Wow. Just admit that your team sucked. You don't hear Rap fans going around saying that they had a crappy season because of Sam Mitchell's coaching. We admit that we sucked and we aren't making up some lame excuses.

Even if Brown had stuck to one starting line you still would have sucked.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:23 AM   #3
Starks4/3

Starks4/3 has no real reputation yet.

I do admit we would've sucked last year - just not that bad! We should have been a little under .500 with mediocre teams like the Magic and Sixers, not with bottom dwellers like the Bobcats and the Raptors.

How are you supposed to have any kind of success when your coach alienates just about every player on your team a third of the way through the season? LB would open his mouth to the media repeatedly about Thomas' players, even after Dolan begged him to stop. And wtf was with the starting lineups? The Knicks last year I believe used the most different starting lineups in NBA HISTORY. In HISTORY for God's sakes! And not b/c of injury problems! Think about that! Worst. Coaching. Job. EVER!!!

Yeah we won't exactly be chasing the 95-96 Bulls, but we'll win at least 35 wins next year. Still nothing to be proud of, but much better than last year - just watch.
Starks4/3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:41 AM   #4
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

stupid raptor groupies
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 09:26 AM   #5
dblockcity

dblockcity has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
So you are blaming your sh!tty season on Larry Brown? Wow. Just admit that your team sucked. You don't hear Rap fans going around saying that they had a crappy season because of Sam Mitchell's coaching. We admit that we sucked and we aren't making up some lame excuses.

Even if Brown had stuck to one starting line you still would have sucked.
If you had any knowledge of the game or sports in general you would know that consitency is one of the more important things a team can have and players knowing what role they play. Know one blamed sam mitchell for your teams terrible season because everyone expected the raptors to suck anyway. When you hire a hall of fame coach your expectations go up. Maybe if mediocrity wasnt so accepted in raptor land you would understand why larry brown did one of the worst coaching jobs in the history of sports.Gain some knowledge of the game before you make silly analyzations
dblockcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:49 PM   #6
defmut
I hit open layups

defmut has an OK reputation so far

I doubt you'll win 35 games next season. Zeke wants to run Phoenix style of running offense which is fine b/c you do have the players to do that but what about your D. A Phoenix style of offense is going to hurt Eddy Curry b/c he's a half court player.
defmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:32 PM   #7
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

i agree with starks4/3 100 percent. u cant win if u have 42 different starting lineups. when u look at all the playoff teams in the nba all of them had a few starting lineups not no fu*kin 42. and to add what starks4/3 said larry brown never aloud the team to gel together as a team. y wasnt he playin the rookies more. one of the problems with larry brown is that he loves his veterans. cause channing frye should have been starting from the first game of the season. david lee should have got way more minutes then he got. but instead he wants to play maurice taylor and antionio davis. and also he never had a rotaion. every game he played almost the whole team. u cant do that u have to have at least a 10 man rotation. some teams have 9 man rotations. im not sayin he's a bad coach cause hes a great coach but he did as bad of a job as u can do as a coach. and they will be in the playoffs.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 09:23 PM   #8
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

oldknickfan has decent reputation

I agree that LB did a terible job with the knicks and at the Olympics.

I think the 43 lineups were LB's way of trying to get Dolan to bring in LB's type of players.

One of the worst coaching jobs ever.

IMHO: The Knicks should win 33 or more games this season.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 09:43 PM   #9
Big C
I brick open layups

Big C has an OK reputation so far

Larry is always the victum he never does anything wrong. I'm so glad that clown is out of here.
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 09:46 PM   #10
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C
Larry is always the victum he never does anything wrong. I'm so glad that clown is out of here.

He has done great jobs with other teams, like Detroit. But he was the wrong coach for the knicks, with their personnel and management or lack of management.

Isah should do better. I hope!

Last edited by oldknickfan : 08-13-2006 at 09:48 PM.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:51 PM   #11
Big C
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldknickfan
He has done great jobs with other teamd, like Detroit. But he was the wrong coach for the knicks, with their personnel and management or lack of management.

Isah should do better. I hope!

Isiah should have known better not to hired the snake. He should have known from what Larry tried to do to his Isiah's Friend Dumars. Larry wanted Billups, Rasheed, and traded after they won a title. Now tell me that's not crazy. And then Larry tried to be the GM on the Cavs while he was still coach in Detroit.

Now these are things Isiah knew and more.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:00 PM   #12
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Isiah should have known better not to hired the snake. He should have known from what Larry tried to do to his Isiah's Friend Dumars. Larry wanted Billups, Rasheed, and traded after they won a title. Now tell me that's not crazy. And then Larry tried to be the GM on the Cavs while he was still coach in Detroit.

Now these are things Isiah knew and more.

Isiah also has the reputation of being a snake. That's why Bird and Magic kept him off of the Dream Team at the Olympics.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:10 PM   #13
Big C
I brick open layups

Quote:
Isiah also has the reputation of being a snake. That's why Bird and Magic kept him off of the Dream Team at the Olympics.

It's was mainly Jordan that kept Isiah off. No one hated Isiah more than Jordan. And yes Isiah is a big snake.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:18 PM   #14
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
It's was mainly Jordan that kept Isiah off. No one hated Isiah more than Jordan. And yes Isiah is a big snake.

I heard that Isiah's charming smile hides his two-faced nature!
Old 08-13-2006, 10:30 PM   #15
Big C
I brick open layups

Quote:
I heard that Isiah's charming smile hides his two-faced nature!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: