Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 08-14-2006, 09:54 AM   #16
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

lol good one
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 04:27 AM   #17
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
lol good one

I'm not joking! Isiah's rep is that he will stab you in the back at the same time he smiles and shakes your hand.

There are good reasons why he is hated by his super-star peers.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:23 AM   #18
Bombay
The Sole Controller

LB definitely gets most of the blame but the players still got to produce. I think part of the problem was Cats did not know their role and lacked confidence. Hopefully we step up to the plate and come out swingin this year. I'm confident that Zeke will optimize his roster and get the best out of his players. Mostly because they want to play for him
Bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 04:52 PM   #19
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldknickfan
I heard that Isiah's charming smile hides his two-faced nature!
Two face nature? hmm....
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 06:09 PM   #20
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockcity
If you had any knowledge of the game or sports in general you would know that consitency is one of the more important things a team can have and players knowing what role they play. Know one blamed sam mitchell for your teams terrible season because everyone expected the raptors to suck anyway. When you hire a hall of fame coach your expectations go up. Maybe if mediocrity wasnt so accepted in raptor land you would understand why larry brown did one of the worst coaching jobs in the history of sports.Gain some knowledge of the game before you make silly analyzations

I know that Larry Brown did one of the worst coaching jobs in NBA history. I agree with you there. I agree that consistency is one of the most improtant aspects of sports also. I am just saying that you can't blame everything on Larry Brown. The players are at fault also. The blame has to be on them as much as it was on Larry Brown. I do have knowledge of the game. Just because I don't agree with on somthing doesn't mean that I am stupid when it comes to basketball.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 07:12 PM   #21
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
I know that Larry Brown did one of the worst coaching jobs in NBA history. I agree with you there. I agree that consistency is one of the most improtant aspects of sports also. I am just saying that you can't blame everything on Larry Brown. The players are at fault also. The blame has to be on them as much as it was on Larry Brown. I do have knowledge of the game. Just because I don't agree with on somthing doesn't mean that I am stupid when it comes to basketball.

i know what your saying, our players were SOME of the problems but nothing near LB. LB had i dont even know how many different starting lineups it was like 45 or maybe higher, wtf man thats some whack s h i t and then frye said its like coming to practice and learning different players every day, zeke is going to do so much better
Old 08-16-2006, 07:17 PM   #22
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
i know what your saying, our players were SOME of the problems but nothing near LB. LB had i dont even know how many different starting lineups it was like 45 or maybe higher, wtf man thats some whack s h i t and then frye said its like coming to practice and learning different players every day, zeke is going to do so much better

It was 43. LB either went senile or was trying to get the GM job along with a new roster.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:19 PM   #23
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

larry browns a douche for that
Old 08-16-2006, 07:39 PM   #24
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldknickfan
It was 43. LB either went senile or was trying to get the GM job along with a new roster.
Haha the third correction. It was 42.
HKSVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 08:21 PM   #25
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSVIP
Haha the third correction. It was 42.

You are correct!
Old 08-16-2006, 08:31 PM   #26
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

i said it was around the 40's
Old 08-18-2006, 07:03 PM   #27
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
i said it was around the 40's

Yes you did.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:33 AM   #28
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

People tend to give credit to the coach only when their losses. LB jacked our season up. We all know that. But check our record last year when he played games with our roster. Remember last season when we came out in 2006 and won six straight games. That's what happens when you have a regular starting rotation! You play better. By the way they beat some decent teams during that stretch. LB just showed that he could coach, but chose not to, so he could possibly make Isaiah look bad for having these players there. Then what's up with Nate being benched after winning the slam dunk contest(even though the dude from the sixers should have won)? Praise your players and don't punish them when they do good. LB knows better. Detroit was on it's way to their championship anyway. They just needed a missing piece which was Rasheed. LB is tired of coaching. thats why he was courting the cavs GM job during the 05 finals. Thats loyalty I guess. He even tried to get chauncey traded after the won the finals. AND HE WAS THE MVP!!! But then again chauncey is a scoring pg and LB hates that. Ask A.I. Im so glad LB is gone. Too bad the knicks forced him into coaching again with 50 million reasons. that was Zeke's truly worst aquisition. Next to the two first round draft picks for Eddy Curry. One i could understand but two? come on dude. But the knicks will win around 50+ games next season just to make themselves look better, so the pick won't be that good
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 12:59 AM   #29
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Nobody forced LB into coaching! He is already a wealthy man even before the Knicks threw out $50 Million on him.

He must have figured that if cump Charlie Dollan was crazy enough to give him $50M to coach, Dollan would be fool enough to fire him and have to pay $50M for only one year of work. Hmm at 23 wins, LB will get paid $2,173,913 per game if David Stern finds for him!

Now that's real genius!
Old 08-26-2006, 11:31 AM   #30
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Now Isiah's hated by his peers???

So I just imagined him and Magic Johnson hugging each other like long lost brothers every time they see each other?

Did Isiah sending McFilthy & McNasty after Mike Jordan and Larry Bird have nothing to do with how they view him?

Did you forget the fact that more than a handful of the Pacer players requested a trade from the team after Larry Bird pulled one of the most underhanded firings in NBA history when Isiah was let go?
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: