Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-19-2008, 02:59 AM   #1
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool
Default We should have traded farmar instead of JCRITT

imo, thoughts?
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 03:02 AM   #2
GoldMedallist
Great young streetballer

GoldMedallist has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: We should have traded farmar instead of JCRITT

Farmar is probably not playing well, but Critterton are not playing in Memphis, so I guess he is not good at the moment.
GoldMedallist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:29 AM   #3
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here

No. Jordan is that type of role guy that always plays for a winning team. We don't need a guy with 'upside'.
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 08:46 AM   #4
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
imo, thoughts?

Personally, I'd like to know why you feel this way. Can you take a moment to explain your thoughts? It would be helpful and add to the conversation.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:49 AM   #5
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

No, we need a guy who is ready to win now, not somebody 3-4 years from now. Farmar does what is expected from him as a triangle guard.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:49 AM   #6
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I disagree completely... we are trying to win a championship... Farmar is ready to contribute right now and helps spread the floor... I could care less about how good JCritt plays in 2011... also, I think Farmar complements Bynum/KObe better than Critt...
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:01 PM   #7
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

LuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat cool

Nah, I'd take Farmboy anyday. He knows the tri better than crit, plus as afore mentioned plays well with bynum. That is what we are preparing for....the future of farmar/bynum
LuppersGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:41 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would take farmar anyday, but watching his slow ass defensive rotations is starting to sicken me. He always leaves his shooters wide open and they're always guys that drain them like layups.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:52 PM   #9
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Even if J-Critt has more upside, keeping Jordan has two advantages. He's is more of a proven commodity and he is a valuable part of the rotation.

At this point and time I think keeping Farmar was the right choice. Of course that choice may not have been the Lakers to make.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:59 PM   #10
-Ev08-
I brick open layups

-Ev08- has an OK reputation so far

Jordan Farmar is shooting 54% from 2 point range on the season, I think some of you might want to re-consider bashing him for his latest slump. He's younger then probably 50% of the people on this forum, cut him some slack.
-Ev08- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 06:21 PM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ev08-
Jordan Farmar is shooting 54% from 2 point range on the season, I think some of you might want to re-consider bashing him for his latest slump. He's younger then probably 50% of the people on this forum, cut him some slack.

Oh i dont care what he does offensively, I think his offensive game (i.e. passing, quickness) can help us a lot.

But ignore stats for a second and look at his defensive woes. He doesnt have a problem staying in front of guys but its an issue of rotating when someone else leaves his man for help defense. He's very clueless and ends up giving the best shooters in the game some target practice.

A few weeks ago, both Farmar and Phil clashed because Phil was annoyed that Farmar was just rotating to the wrong opponents. Its something he needs to learn.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:43 PM   #12
-Ev08-
I brick open layups

-Ev08- has an OK reputation so far

Like I said, give him some time...he isn't our starting PG, we kept the right piece. He will eventually start adopting his defensive awareness, because of our terrific coaching staff...plus why are we talking about defensive woes, last I checked Crittenton isn't Gary Payton defensively or any better then Farmar for that matter.
-Ev08- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:53 PM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ev08-
Like I said, give him some time...he isn't our starting PG, we kept the right piece. He will eventually start adopting his defensive awareness, because of our terrific coaching staff...plus why are we talking about defensive woes, last I checked Crittenton isn't Gary Payton defensively or any better then Farmar for that matter.

Did I say I wanted to keep Javaris? I wasnt comparing Javaris to farmar at all.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:29 PM   #14
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Like others have mentioned above, we are looking to win right now, not later, now.

Farmar provides a bit of experience from last year as well. Crit was just a rookie and didn't have much knowledge of the Triangle. He hardly got minutes.. He might have had the potential, but we weren't going to see it this year
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:44 PM   #15
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
Like others have mentioned above, we are looking to win right now, not later, now.

Farmar provides a bit of experience from last year as well. Crit was just a rookie and didn't have much knowledge of the Triangle. He hardly got minutes.. He might have had the potential, but we weren't going to see it this year

I wouldnt say he didnt have knowledge of the Triangle, his college team ran the triangle too. He just wasnt ready to play with the Big Dogs.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: