Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 08-11-2006, 12:18 AM   #1
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far
Question Trade Scenario Thread

They had this in the Raptors Forum and I liked the idea. To start it off, lets try this one:

Clippers Recieve:
Dorrell Wright
James Posey
Derek Anderson
Lottery Protected 1st Rd. Pick

Heat Recieve:
Corey Maggette
Boniface NDong
Daniel Ewing
Draft rights to Guillermo Diaz

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Lets hear some of yours!
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:21 AM   #2
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

No thanks, id rather keep a for sure 18-22 PPG player. And no way I trade the Puerto Rican superman!
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:19 PM   #3
lawlerslaw100
Good High School Starter

lawlerslaw100 has decent reputationlawlerslaw100 has decent reputation
Thumbs down Mod, Please add this to the Maggette thread..

And as for this trade, it doesnt improve the Clips while it helps the Heat
add a consistent third scoring option behind Flash and Shaq. The
bottomline in this trade is whether you want to trade Corey Maggette
for James Posey. Overall Max > Posey though Posey has better D.
Max brings punishing offense and 20 pts a game and leadership to
the court. He helps his teammates by doing most of the interviews
for them. EB likes to keep it low key and Kaveman is not the most
articulate subject. Only Sammy handles the media better than Corey.
Posey on the other hand is not a leader. Intangibles win games and
Corey brings good chemistry to the locker room.

Now lets look the rest of the filler in the trade. DA trashed the Clips
in the past as former Clip and is over the hill. He doesnt crack the
current rotation of 8-10 players. Dorrell Wright is potential and
the Clips need proven talent to replace Corey if he is traded.

Bottomline: Clips can find a better deal. Rashard Lewis for Max and the
protected 1st round and maybe Dong signed and thrown in would
be a good deal for both the Sonics and Clips.
lawlerslaw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 04:17 AM   #4
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation

If we trade Magette, we need a good quality Player in return. How about this three way trade: Magette and Clippers 2007 First Round Pick(we will still have The Wolves First Round pick as long they don't go below the 11th pick and we probably will finish the season better than them)and or Rebraca or N'Dong to Atlanta for a sign and trade with Al Harrington, then send Magette and another Atlanta Player or their 2007 Clipper Draft Right they just acquired, to Philadelphia for Iverson. This trade would fill certain needs in all the Teams involved and free up a spot On Clippers Roster which can filled by Diaz or signing a much needed Reserve Shooter.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:20 PM   #5
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiedanny
If we trade Magette, we need a good quality Player in return. How about this three way trade: Magette and Clippers 2007 First Round Pick(we will still have The Wolves First Round pick as long they don't go below the 11th pick and we probably will finish the season better than them)and or Rebraca or N'Dong to Atlanta for a sign and trade with Al Harrington, then send Magette and another Atlanta Player or their 2007 Clipper Draft Right they just acquired, to Philadelphia for Iverson. This trade would fill certain needs in all the Teams involved and free up a spot On Clippers Roster which can filled by Diaz or signing a much needed Reserve Shooter.
WTF did you just say?
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 04:15 AM   #6
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Quote:
If you get AI, Brand will be low on points 15-17. Is that good enough for you? And Cassell wont have more than 13 and 5. AI needs room for points rebounds and assists.

Every team just says I want AI, but ok, who doesnt? You have to fit them in your roster and think about the future, even though AI and Elton Brand would be a perfect duo.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:04 PM   #7
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation

What you can't read, we get Al harrington, Atlanta gets A.I. and a 1st round pick or choice of big men and 76ers get Magette and 1st round pick or choice of expiring contract. I guess this is to sophisticated of a trade for you to understand or I just have to put it in layman's terms
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:47 AM   #8
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Quote:
What you can't read, we get Al harrington, Atlanta gets A.I. and a 1st round pick or choice of big men and 76ers get Magette and 1st round pick or choice of expiring contract. I guess this is to sophisticated of a trade for you to understand or I just have to put it in layman's terms
Sorry your language confused me. I dont think anyone got it.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:12 AM   #9
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

What do we get out of this trade? What does Al Harrington do that Corey Maggette doesn't? We actually lose in this trade, Maggette shoots better, slashes more, has more speed and athleticism than Al Harrington. Harrington may bring a couple more boards but this is a dumb trade for us. Maggette and we have to also give a pick for Al Harrington? No thanks.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:34 PM   #10
lawlerslaw100
Good High School Starter

lawlerslaw100 has decent reputationlawlerslaw100 has decent reputation
Default Agreed..Keep Max..AI is off the table

There is no reason to trade Max unless we either upgrade his spot
(Rashard Lewis is the one feasible deal that comes in mind. We
gamble on signing Lewis and the Sonics get a good contract and
talent with injury issues in return) or we get a superstar (AI and
Paul Pierce were the two choices who could work with EB to
bring the ring back to LA under the red, white, and blue banner).

Given no sign on Lewis and AI off the table, there are no deals
like the Artest deal out there unless maybe a Bonzi Wells sign and
trade deal materializes (remember Dun wanted Wells last year)
so lets give MAX the chance to bring 70 games and his 20 points
back to the court as both a 6th man and situational starter.
The SF starting spot can rotate between MAx, Q Ross, and maybe
Timmy T.
lawlerslaw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:50 PM   #11
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

I never really got how AI got on the table. He's just too expensive for the Clippers and they should just forget about him.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:36 PM   #12
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

BeckDiggLer has no real reputation yet.

The Paper Clips need to stay pat. The team looks OK for the first time in my life time, Diaz and Davis were two great second round picks and Thomas will be the leagues top 7th man. If I was the jeri curl man I would not make any deals.
BeckDiggLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 08:49 PM   #13
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far

we just gotta pray that minnesota does ok this year so that we get their pick. this is supposed to be one of the best draft classes ever.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:42 AM   #14
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutcht02
we just gotta pray that minnesota does ok this year so that we get their pick. this is supposed to be one of the best draft classes ever.
Just have to second that, having our own and the Minny pick in a deep draft is great, hopefully we can package and move into the lotto, top 7 hopefully
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 12:23 AM   #15
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckDiggLer
The Paper Clips need to stay pat. The team looks OK for the first time in my life time, Diaz and Davis were two great second round picks and Thomas will be the leagues top 7th man. If I was the jeri curl man I would not make any deals.
They have awards for 7th man?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: