Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 08-21-2006, 12:31 PM   #16
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
What do we get out of this trade? What does Al Harrington do that Corey Maggette doesn't? We actually lose in this trade, Maggette shoots better, slashes more, has more speed and athleticism than Al Harrington. Harrington may bring a couple more boards but this is a dumb trade for us. Maggette and we have to also give a pick for Al Harrington? No thanks.
Four-Team Trade In The Works?
Aug 21 - Two league sources have informed the San Francisco Chronicle that the Warriors have revived discussions with three teams to acquire Al Harrington. According to the newspaper, the principal parts involve Mike Dunleavy Jr. going to the Clippers, Corey Maggette to Denver and Joe Smith to Atlanta, with the Warriors getting Harrington. I pulled this from ESPN this morning. This is exactly what I was talking about except I really wanted a combo forward rather than Dunleavy Jr. If we get him we also need a First Round pick or something.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:53 PM   #17
lawlerslaw100
Good High School Starter

lawlerslaw100 has decent reputationlawlerslaw100 has decent reputation
Thumbs down Agree with Jeff..Why trade Max for Dun Jr?

The rumors being generated by Chris Mullin are pure crapppp. The complicated trade that has the Clips helping the McNuggets and the lost City is not in the Clips best interests. MAx > Dun Jr in talent, role on the Clip team, and contract. Dun Jr contract has more years on it for more money than MAx. If the Clips need to shed contracts to retain Kaveman and Livingstick in the future, they will need Max's contract to do it. Acquiring Dun Jr makes no sense and the other aspect to it would be that it would show that Dun Sr has given up on his pet project, Korolev who plays the same spot as Dun Jr.

Bottomline: Dun Sr has too many reasons not to make the deal and his ego shuts this deal down. No way does he want Elder Baylor to be right about Korolev pick. Elder's draft choice would have been Danny Granger last year.
The influence of Dun Sr as the "defacto" GM and Baylor as the "bobblehead" GM is demonstrated every move made since Dun Sr became coach including the
Korolev pick.:stupid:
lawlerslaw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 03:02 PM   #18
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawlerslaw100
The rumors being generated by Chris Mullin are pure crapppp. The complicated trade that has the Clips helping the McNuggets and the lost City is not in the Clips best interests. MAx > Dun Jr in talent, role on the Clip team, and contract. Dun Jr contract has more years on it for more money than MAx. If the Clips need to shed contracts to retain Kaveman and Livingstick in the future, they will need Max's contract to do it. Acquiring Dun Jr makes no sense and the other aspect to it would be that it would show that Dun Sr has given up on his pet project, Korolev who plays the same spot as Dun Jr.

Bottomline: Dun Sr has too many reasons not to make the deal and his ego shuts this deal down. No way does he want Elder Baylor to be right about Korolev pick. Elder's draft choice would have been Danny Granger last year.
The influence of Dun Sr as the "defacto" GM and Baylor as the "bobblehead" GM is demonstrated every move made since Dun Sr became coach including the
Korolev pick.:stupid:
I really hope this trade does not go down. I also read on ********* that the only thing holding up the trade is The Clippers extending Dunleavy's contract. I really wanted more for Magette if we absolutely have to trade him but I would much rather keep him. What is richardson's salary? I would definately take him over Jr. but I think his salary might be too much. Lawlerslaw 100, continue with the nicknames, I get a hell of a kick from them.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:14 PM   #19
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far
ok. im not saying i like the trade but the report does say that those are the "principal" parts. Also there are reports that even though Maggette doesnt want to be traded, he is becoming very unhappy with the team. I would be too. I think there must be someone else coming to us in the trade because i dont see why Baylor thinks his son is a better fit for the team than Maggette. However. Getting rid of Maggette does free up a lot of cap space and money that can be used next year when better free-agents hit the market not to mention Kaman. As the gm it is his decision of what would be best for the team.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 03:37 PM   #20
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

M.D senior obviously wants his son to play for him. But gicing away Corey Magette isnt worth it. Denver would be crazy good if they got him. I think he wants to go to Denver too because he knows he'll get to start.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 03:49 PM   #21
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Only way this deal WOULD BE CLOSE for the Clips to consider is if they get a first and either Pietrus, Biedrins, O'Bryant, Childress, Diogu in the deal because there is no way the Clips do it straight up. I'd prefer Dun staying in GSW and Clips getting Biedrins and Childress, then waiving|buying out Zeljko Rebraca's contract. In other words, Maggs for Andris and Josh and a 2nd
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 04:03 PM   #22
lawlerslaw100
Good High School Starter

lawlerslaw100 has decent reputationlawlerslaw100 has decent reputation
Default Dun Jr has a bloated salary

Compare his salary to MAX's sweet deal. DTS keeps MAx based on the $$$$$
lawlerslaw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 05:42 PM   #23
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
Sorry your language confused me. I dont think anyone got it.
kobedaman24, do you get it now? All I can say is this trade resembles my trade scenario except we get the shaft in the deal. Harrington is a much better fit than Jr. Who would you rather have?
Old 09-11-2006, 12:49 AM   #24
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

Ok. According to sectiondehoops.com's rumor section, the Heat want to trade Derek Anderson for a PG. How about this.

Clipps get Derek Anderson
Heat get Daniel Ewing

What do you think? Please reply
Old 09-11-2006, 04:30 AM   #25
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutcht02
Ok. According to sectiondehoops.com's rumor section, the Heat want to trade Derek Anderson for a PG. How about this.

Clipps get Derek Anderson
Heat get Daniel Ewing

What do you think? Please reply

Daniel Ewing has way more upside. Anderson is old and never fully recovered from the injury he had when playing for San Antonio in the playoffs. He's just about done. Bad trade for the Clips unless Ewing is guaranteed to be a bust.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 04:37 AM   #26
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

Only if they take Rebraca and Ndong's Qualifying offer and throw in Kapono. I would love to see Kapono in a Clippers uniform. The only thing I don't like about this trade scenario is the fact Ewing's salary is almost a quarter of what Anderson's salary is but with the two other two players I mentioned the salaries make sense and free up a roster spot. Maybe work out a deal with Sofo.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:50 PM   #27
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Daniel Ewing + Zeljko Rebraca

for

Steven Hunter + Rick Brunson + 2nd

With Mobley offering to come off the bench, a Livingston|Cassell starting backcourt is possible, meaning Clippers need a better third string PG and Clipper fans know Brunson is a damn good one. Rebraca is nothing due to his health, while Hunter is healthy and will provide a nice body off the bench and has a cheap contract(Max of $3,696,000 in his 4th and final year), and the 2nd will be the 4th pick the Clippers might have in this years draft with possibly two firsts and their own first. With all those picks, trading up for a top 5 pick to take Durant, Wright, Noah, etc. might be a good possiblity.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 10:11 PM   #28
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Daniel Ewing + Zeljko Rebraca

for

Steven Hunter + Rick Brunson + 2nd

With Mobley offering to come off the bench, a Livingston|Cassell starting backcourt is possible, meaning Clippers need a better third string PG and Clipper fans know Brunson is a damn good one. Rebraca is nothing due to his health, while Hunter is healthy and will provide a nice body off the bench and has a cheap contract(Max of $3,696,000 in his 4th and final year), and the 2nd will be the 4th pick the Clippers might have in this years draft with possibly two firsts and their own first. With all those picks, trading up for a top 5 pick to take Durant, Wright, Noah, etc. might be a good possiblity.

theyd nev er do it but if it could happen, I'd do it.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:18 AM   #29
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

OK how about this one:

Hornets get:
Corey Maggette
Zeljko Rebraca

Clippers get:
David West
Desmond Mason

i dono if they'd do it or not. but what do you think?:confused:
Old 10-15-2006, 02:53 AM   #30
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

the Clips don't need West... he's gonna be underrated and underplayed...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: