Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-16-2006, 04:17 PM   #181
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Wait a second.

Is Wolfmother current music?

I thought they were out the same time Led Zep was... because they are a complete ripoff of them.

Anyway, how can anyone say that rap is dead? To anyone who says rap is dead, I say download the following:

Dem Franchize Boyz: I Think They Like Me
Get Rich Clique: Bunny Hop
E-40: Tell Me When To Go
Grafh: Myspace Jumpoff
Tabi Bonney: The Pocket
Gucci Mane: My Chain
Jibbs: King Kong
Jim Jones: Get Crunk Music
Juelz Santana: Make It Work For You
Nelly: Grillz
Chamillionaire: Platinum Stars
Lil Jon: Real Nlgga Role Call
Mike Jones: I Need a Dime
The Pack: Vans
Three Six Mafia: Slob On My Knob
Young Jeezy: My Hood
Young Jeezy: Icy
Jibbs: Chain Hang Low (REMIX) <--- this is the greatest song ever made

How can ANYONE think Rap has fallen off a bit?

Please kill yourself.
theinfamousmobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:21 PM   #182
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinfamousmobb
Please kill yourself.
im pretty sure he was being sarcastic, i hope
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:24 PM   #183
IGGYIVERSON
High school junior varsity star

i heard A TRIBE CALLED QUEST got back together.....maybe they can save hip hop..........well probably not because kids today probably think they're homos.
IGGYIVERSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:25 PM   #184
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Nonsense. You people don't get what good music really is. You need a clue. Check amazon.com. Then get back to me when you're ready to talk music.

I'm listening to King Kong right now... and what is that I hear? CLASSIC MUSIC is what I hear.

00s Mainstream Rap > Beatles, Nirvana, Biggie, Weird Al put together
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:26 PM   #185
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
i heard A TRIBE CALLED QUEST got back together.....maybe they can save hip hop..........well probably not because kids today probably think they're homos.
they are homos. you're not worthwhile as a rapper unless you have a Nitty beat, sound like you have Down syndrome, and talk about pushing cocaine.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:28 PM   #186
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinfamousmobb
Please kill yourself.
I agree...but a better interest in music would fix the problem too...
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:30 PM   #187
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

geewiz your the farthest thing from knowing anything about rap, hit the bricks.
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:35 PM   #188
craigthomasb
College star

i thought "rap is officialy dead" was the title of a thread on the toronto raptor mascot falling off a ladder
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:38 PM   #189
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

Anyone check out Diddys new album? Guy has turned pop, although he was done when Mase left his side long time ago so its not that big of a suprise.
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:41 PM   #190
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
Anyone check out Diddys new album? Guy has turned pop, although he was done when Mase left his side long time ago so its not that big of a suprise.
diddy was always trash, if he wasn't biggies shadow nobody would really know who he is. I don't think i've ever seen him say anything smart
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:44 PM   #191
craigthomasb
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
diddy was always trash, if he wasn't biggies shadow nobody would really know who he is. I don't think i've ever seen him say anything smart

diddy = biggest plagiarist ever
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:10 PM   #192
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Let's talk about "Chain Hang Low Remix" in-depth.

The hook asks: do your chain hang low? do it wobble to the flo? This is clearly an allegory to the Chola Dynasty, a Tamil dynasty that ruled primarily in southern India until the 13th century.

Think about it.

Then Yung Joc points out that, quote, if the chain don't hang low, it ain't his, unquote. This is a revolutionary use of unique poetic style. It introduces a seemingly unecessary double negative, which further complicates the statement while adding no meaning to it, which is a literary metaphor for how his chain is more complicated (read: expensive, luxurious) than it would need to be for any practical use.

Jibbs then goes on to mention that you can hear him before you see him, as he has King Kong in his trunk. The truly great artists know to tell it like it is: he is saying that he went into the South American rainforest and killed a gigantic monkey, cut him into pieces, and put them in the trunk of his car. That's manly. The ultimate expression of manliness in fact. Women have been known to get pregnant sticking this CD in their pockets. This is Streetcar-era Brando ****. He's got King Kong in his mother****in trunk. An actual gorilla. Forget about it.

The Lil Wayne comes on:

I'm the ****; I should walk around with Pampers on me.
I'm cake'd up; I should walk around with candles on me.

Clearly, Lil Wayne uses his verse on this track to speak out against the many socioeconomic disadvantages facing young black youth today. I personally think it's great that rappers, who are millionaires far removed from racism being a factor, take time to acknowledge and speak out against the many injustices of today.

So... once again... HOW HAS RAP FALLEN OFF? I'd definitely say that some of the more popular modern rap rivals the works of Shakespeare (especially Macbeth. That was some elementary schit) in lyrical fluidity, literary depth, and social awareness.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:13 PM   #193
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GeeWiz you're not funny.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:16 PM   #194
AirGauge23
Team NWO

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Let's talk about "Chain Hang Low Remix" in-depth.

The hook asks: do your chain hang low? do it wobble to the flo? This is clearly an allegory to the Chola Dynasty, a Tamil dynasty that ruled primarily in southern India until the 13th century.

Think about it.

Then Yung Joc points out that, quote, if the chain don't hang low, it ain't his, unquote. This is a revolutionary use of unique poetic style. It introduces a seemingly unecessary double negative, which further complicates the statement while adding no meaning to it, which is a literary metaphor for how his chain is more complicated (read: expensive, luxurious) than it would need to be for any practical use.

Jibbs then goes on to mention that you can hear him before you see him, as he has King Kong in his trunk. The truly great artists know to tell it like it is: he is saying that he went into the South American rainforest and killed a gigantic monkey, cut him into pieces, and put them in the trunk of his car. That's manly. The ultimate expression of manliness in fact. Women have been known to get pregnant sticking this CD in their pockets. This is Streetcar-era Brando ****. He's got King Kong in his mother****in trunk. An actual gorilla. Forget about it.

The Lil Wayne comes on:

I'm the ****; I should walk around with Pampers on me.
I'm cake'd up; I should walk around with candles on me.

Clearly, Lil Wayne uses his verse on this track to speak out against the many socioeconomic disadvantages facing young black youth today. I personally think it's great that rappers, who are millionaires far removed from racism being a factor, take time to acknowledge and speak out against the many injustices of today.

So... once again... HOW HAS RAP FALLEN OFF? I'd definitely say that some of the more popular modern rap rivals the works of Shakespeare (especially Macbeth. That was some elementary schit) in lyrical fluidity, literary depth, and social awareness.

I ain't readin all that ****.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:29 PM   #195
Hawker
Banned

Long Live Oasis!!
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: