Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-16-2006, 07:42 PM   #196
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Rap is not dead, it's just the rappers that are bringing it down. That, and it looks like were in the bootlegging era.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:47 PM   #197
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
GeeWiz you're not funny.

you're just jealous that I'm the humor God of this forum

Quote:
I ain't readin all that ****.
your loss bub

Last edited by geeWiz15 : 10-16-2006 at 07:50 PM.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:52 PM   #198
browntown
National High School Star

browntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Has anyone heard Papoose's new album 2nd place is the first loser. That album is hype!
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:07 PM   #199
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default ...

I haven't listened to a song in the past two years that rivaled Tupac' My Block. Anyone here that tune? Doesn't get talked about much but that just shows you about the quality of the songs as a whole nowadays.

Eminem can still drop a track like nobodys business & same with a few others as well, but back in the day numerous guys could put out a boucin' track.

Bottom line is for every good track that's out nowadays, there were about five to seven back then. Personally all my rap music on the computer is from the Tupac/Bigge era, KRS-One is frequently playing as well as a few others. That era basically seen the primes or the beginning of the legends save the real old-school rap groups. 50 Cent & all the other dudes, Young whoever, they aren't even stars. Don't care if they sell records or not. It's not up to par with the past as far as lyrics go. Lyrics is the most important part to rap in my opinion. Some like beat, flow more. To each his own, I guess.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:09 PM   #200
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

My Block never really gets mentioned. My favorite 2pac song. Good look.

Changes is always the one that gets mentioned as Pac's greatest, and I guess its more all-encompassing of what Pac stands for and representative of earnest rap and all that, but My Block has a more personal element to it.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:10 PM   #201
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Toss it Up- R.I.P Dr. Dre
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:13 PM   #202
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
GeeWiz you're not funny.
Seriously. We got the sarcasm the first time.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:17 PM   #203
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
Seriously. We got the sarcasm the first time.
actually sadly enough some people didn't

thats the funniest part.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:20 PM   #204
IBLEEDGREEN43
Local High School Star

IBLEEDGREEN43 has no real reputation yet.
Default hm

well, new york city seems to be getting back on track with recent and upcoming albums..

dmx
busta rhymes
method man
lloyd banks
nas
jay-z
diddy
fabolous
jim jones- i know most hate dipset but dipset is a big part of new york music nowadays
and papoose has an album coming
IBLEEDGREEN43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:22 PM   #205
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Default ...

Quote:
Changes is always the one that gets mentioned as Pac's greatest, and I guess its more all-encompassing of what Pac stands for and representative of earnest rap and all that, but My Block has a more personal element to it.

Changes is a song for the ages. Nobody has the ability to write a song like that, lyrically, in todays rap game.

I've heard different versions of My Block, one featuring Scarface I believe, and the real one I think.

I'll upload the song in a second, just wondering if you listened to the version I do.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:26 PM   #206
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Default ...

http://download.yousendit.com/A96201453269C676
Old 10-16-2006, 08:27 PM   #207
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
I've heard different versions of My Block, one featuring Scarface I believe, and the real one I think.

I'll upload the song in a second, just wondering if you listened to the version I do.
off Better Days, with the guitar, just Pac is the one I know of.

Edit, yep, same song. Love the guitar on it. The kids singing the chorus. What a song. Doesn't really matter what Pac says, as long as it sounds reflective, song's gonna be great.

Last edited by geeWiz15 : 10-16-2006 at 08:30 PM.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:37 PM   #208
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Default ...

Ya'll ever hear Shook Ones by Mob Deep? I'm sure Rasheed1 has.

Prodigy was sick on the first verse.

"you're in the wrong place
cowards like you just get they're whole body laced up
with bullet holes and such
speak the wrong words man and you will get touched
you can put your whole army against my team and
I guarantee you it'll be your very last time breathin'
your simple words just don't move me
you're minor, we're major
you all up in the game and don't deserve to be a player
don't make me have to call your name out
your crew is featherweight
my gunshots'll make you levitate
I'm only nineteen but my mind is old
and when the things get for real my warm heart turns cold
another ***** deceased, another story gets told"

Get's me everytime I hear it. Just sick!

Download that song if you haven't already.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:51 PM   #209
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
Ya'll ever hear Shook Ones by Mob Deep?
are you serious?

attention board, if you have not heard this song, run headfirst into the nearest wall. if you have not heard OF this song, stick a revolver in your mouth and pull the trigger. no not a pistol. a revolver.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:52 PM   #210
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

Geewiz=halfway crook.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: