Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-11-2006, 11:28 AM   #16
disco
Great young streetballer

disco has no real reputation yet.

I don't know if I'm too old school (or simply too old) when it comes to rap, but I just think rap peaked in about 1998 and after 2000 there haven't been many interesting new artsist. I still listen to rap, but buy mostly old records.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:33 AM   #17
mhg88
Local High School Star

mhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs2007Champs
I'm sure you are a racist.

He doesn't like rap so he's racist? You sir are a f*cktard.
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:41 AM   #18
browntown
National High School Star

browntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have to admit that rap now wasn't as great when Run- DMC, N.W.A,
Tu- Pac, B.I.G or even Public Enemy where around. Eventhough it may not be as great rap is far from done with new artists like Papoose, Youg Jezzy, Lupe Fiasco and old rappers doing there things like Busta Rymes, LL Cool J and Kayne West.

So what im saying is eventhough Rap isn't as good as it use to be, it's far from dead.

Last edited by browntown : 08-11-2006 at 11:43 AM.
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:07 PM   #19
Attila
National High School Star

Attila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected poster

DMX is still rappper.
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:36 PM   #20
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Commercialization has hurt rap music these days. But you can't blame rappers for going that route. You gotta make some money. Nas' Nastradamus CD sucked from top to bottom paling in comparison to previous releases such as Illmatic and It Was Written, yet I wouldn't be surprised if that was his top grossing album, not necessarily in sales, but in profit sharing. Nowadays it's seems like artists have to find that medium where there work has to be street enough to appeal to their urban fans and commercial enough to appeal to mainstream (Jay-Z).

Nas' "The Lost Tapes" was one of his better Cds in a long time, but widely overlooked because it was too street
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:49 PM   #21
Noob Saibot
NBA lottery pick

Noob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected poster

R&B is definitely not dead, all cuz of young girls
Noob Saibot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:52 PM   #22
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You guys should check some of the underground **** out, if you havem't already. Raps still alive and thriving, and you have some pretty genious artists putting out some great albums.

A couple off the top of my head...

Immortal Tecnique (I'm sure you've heard of this guy)
Cunninlynguists
Masta Ace (mostly concept albums, Disposable Arts is amazing)
Talib Kweli
etc.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:53 PM   #23
adizm_55
I airball my layups

adizm_55 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty
If Detox comes out.... maybe, just maybe rap will get back on it course.... but that would be I don't know... around year 2019 :confused: ?

AMEN! I really like the Rick Ross CD. Pharrell is good, too. But, no one beats Dr. Dre.
adizm_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:54 PM   #24
SpLiTViZiOnZ
Decent playground baller

SpLiTViZiOnZ has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
You guys should check some of the underground **** out, if you havem't already. Raps still alive and thriving, and you have some pretty genious artists putting out some great albums.

A couple off the top of my head...

Immortal Tecnique (I'm sure you've heard of this guy)
Cunninlynguists
Masta Ace (mostly concept albums, Disposable Arts is amazing)
Talib Kweli
etc.

You are so on point with this comment that it is ridiculous(in a good way). Masta Ace and the group Cunninlynguists are 2 of my favorites. Check out the song "Seasons" which is actually Cunninlynguists ft. Masta Ace.. just plain crazy!
SpLiTViZiOnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:22 PM   #25
butch mcrae
I airball my layups

butch mcrae has an OK reputation so far

rap aint dead. it's just in its hair metal stage.

hopefully nas' defjam debut is the grunge movement.
butch mcrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:28 PM   #26
Dick Biggly
Good High School Starter

Dick Biggly has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs2007Champs
That has to be a joke right? Isn't that Bubba Sparxx brother or something along the line??

bubba sparxx brother? Detox is the name of Dr. Dre's new album which he has been working on about as long as Axl Rose has been working on Chinese Democracy.
Dick Biggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:33 PM   #27
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
rap aint dead. it's just in its hair metal stage.

haha....you know what that means. rap's grunge stage is next, which means meaningful songs that will be OUT OF THIS WOOOORRRRLLLLDDDD!!!!
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:40 PM   #28
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:43 PM   #29
indenial
Banned

indenial has not been impressing people

Rap is dead and this Thread should be as well!
indenial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:50 PM   #30
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Voice of Reason has not been impressing people

How is rap dead? If you dont like Yung Joc turn it off. Real simple. People make that statement based on what they dont like. You turn on mtv, mtv2, bet and the heavy rotation of music is something you dont like. For every 1 song u like 3 songs you dont. Same with radio. So you conclude rap is dead.

You walk into any music store and go to the rap section. The variety and selection has tripled what it used to be when rap wasnt "dead". Thats a fact. There is music for EVERYONE. You only want to hear conscience rap, rappers who use large words and spit fast? There are CD's for that. You want party music? There are CD's for that. Peoples beef with rap is what is being pushed via tv and radio. Dont listen to the radio and dont watch video channels. Its that simple. Most of you saying rap is dead probably download albums out your ass, maybe dont eve buy cd's anymore because hey...for what? You can click on a link and get it for free. But you're in here complaining about music you arent being forced to listen to.

That link on myspace is something you went too. You can easily click "X" or find other music pages you like. THe people who complain that rap is dead call me when you go out, take your money and support the kind of rap you do like. The excuse/cop out of you not being able to find it, it doesnt exist is BOGUS. And it doesnt fly. There is music for EVERYONE when it comes to rap. So you go out and start supporting good music more and maybe just maybe they will get played on tv/radio. The fact that good rap music is out there at your reach is good enough. Maybe you're too lazy to find it? Want it spoon fed to you?

Outkast is dropping a new album and it should be great. Ludacris is dropping one and so far what i heard this could be his best album. Busta Rhymes dropped an album already that many said was a near classic. These is just a small portion of what has dropped ie albums and mixtapes (as well). Bet most of you down even own Busta CD. You downloaded it. But rap is dead tho right? You dont want to support good music and feel its ok to download? Fine. But you lose the right to make statements like rap is dead, it died when biggie and 2pac got shot (WTF u get that from? a rap song?).

Lupe Fiasco dropped 3 mixtapes and they are GREAT. He to me is probably the best emcee in the game right now. How many have his mixtapes? How many have even heard of him besides the single kick/push? Take your index finger and slowly place it in front of your mouth.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: