Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2006, 01:53 PM   #31
PHXsunsROCK1105
SAVE Planet Orange
 
PHXsunsROCK1105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: FISHERS, Indiana
Posts: 126
PHXsunsROCK1105 has decent reputation
Exclamation i knw he is too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs2007Champs
I'm sure you are a racist.



AMEN!
PHXsunsROCK1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:55 PM   #32
RidonKs
NBA Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Free Hat!
Posts: 16,794
RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpLiTViZiOnZ
You are so on point with this comment that it is ridiculous(in a good way). Masta Ace and the group Cunninlynguists are 2 of my favorites. Check out the song "Seasons" which is actually Cunninlynguists ft. Masta Ace.. just plain crazy!

Yeah, I love that song. Real nice. More good ones by those two...

Masta Ace - Take a Walk
- No Regrets
- Acknowledge
- Soda and Soap

Cunninlynguists - Rewind (awesome beat)
Doin Alright

There's so many great ones. So many people who are into mainstream rap (and I mean Pac, Biggie, Nas, etc) don't know what they're missing.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:52 PM   #33
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters
 
Young HkM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 796
Young HkM is considered somewhat coolYoung HkM is considered somewhat cool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
Lupe Fiasco dropped 3 mixtapes and they are GREAT. He to me is probably the best emcee in the game right now. How many have his mixtapes? How many have even heard of him besides the single kick/push? Take your index finger and slowly place it in front of your mouth.

I only have Fahrenheit 1/15 Part II. If you say they're good though, I'll check out other ones.

Quote:
AMEN! I really like the Rick Ross CD. Pharrell is good, too. But, no one beats Dr. Dre.

Are you serious? Rick Ross is one of the worst rappers out right now.
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:59 PM   #34
insidehoops
Administrator
 
insidehoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,120
insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young HkM
www.myspace.com/lilhe

At this point, I don't even know what to say.

Completely talentless
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:08 PM   #35
ElKuKuy
Decent playground baller
 
ElKuKuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In Ur Mouth
Posts: 337
ElKuKuy has decent reputation
Default OT:Rap Aint Dead

The reason the game has slipped is bcuz everything sounds the same.A revolution is among us.
Something fresh and different is in the wings just waiting to rescue hip-hop from these studio gangstas.

This is my homeboy Ser Mad and he's bringing lyricism and storytelling back to the forefront.The way it used to be and the way it should be.

Here's a song he wrote about a a soldier whose job is to go to the homes of the families and tell them that their son or daughter has been killed in combat.
Storytelling at it's finest.

http://www.garageband.com/song?|pe1|S8LTM0LdsaSlY1C-Zm8


Just hit the lil green PLAY button.

p.s.

Mavs in 07!!!!

Last edited by ElKuKuy : 08-11-2006 at 03:12 PM.
ElKuKuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:11 PM   #36
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young HkM
I only have Fahrenheit 1/15 Part II. If you say they're good though, I'll check out other ones.

I have the retail leaked version of his album Food & Liquor. Its GREAT. But it stopped him from dropping it because it leaked. But even this work is the best album of the year.

Get Lupe-Revenge of the Nerds
Get Lupe-Rhyming Ape (Farienheight 1.15)
Get Lupe-Lupe the Jedi

And I have Lupe unrelased tracks. Crap load of songs from him that is the best material by any artists this year!

Best emcee in the game right now.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:15 PM   #37
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

I have Obie Trice new album. Just started listening, on track 1. Give my thumbs up or down on it.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:18 PM   #38
butch mcrae
I airball my layups
 
butch mcrae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 54
butch mcrae has an OK reputation so far
Default

"black boy" from the obie album is good stuff. been in my rotation for a good couple weeks now.
butch mcrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:22 PM   #39
IL Mago
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 33
IL Mago has an OK reputation so far
Default

I wouldn't say rap is dead, it's just stale. Theres no creativity. Everybody talking about the same thing like " i killed that ni99a, im a thug" or " I f*** bytches all day". Everybody talking about Jewellery, and fast cars and women and theres no real talk and you can't really blame them because thats the only stuff that really sells anymore. At the end of the day i still enjoy rap and there are some artists that i really like.
IL Mago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:32 PM   #40
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan
 
SCREWstonRockets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Clutch City 2K9
Posts: 3,727
SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

When has mainstream rap ever been good? Seriously, if you think rap is dead based on what they play on the radio, you don't know nothing. The best rap music doesn't sell records and doesn't get radio play. Why? Because everybody loves a song with a club beat and catchy chorus.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:42 PM   #41
xfactor99
I hit open layups
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 168
xfactor99 has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
I'm convinced now that more then truth is at stake
Where people create language that pretends to communicate
Euphemisms are misundertood as mistakes
but its a bi-product of the ghetto music we make
From an extroverted point of view I think its too late
Hip Hop has never been the same since '88
Since it became a lucrative profession as a misconception
in the movement in any direction is progression

Canibus speaks the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
I have Obie Trice new album. Just started listening, on track 1. Give my thumbs up or down on it.

Damn, what a piece of crap. Eminem's production still sucks, Obie has some talent but for most of the songs he seems content to rap about nothing. Just a boring cd.
xfactor99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:44 PM   #42
The Mamba
High School Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 818
The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
You guys should check some of the underground **** out, if you havem't already. Raps still alive and thriving, and you have some pretty genious artists putting out some great albums.

A couple off the top of my head...

Immortal Tecnique (I'm sure you've heard of this guy)
Cunninlynguists
Masta Ace (mostly concept albums, Disposable Arts is amazing)
Talib Kweli
etc.
Yup. Talib has been that dude for awhile. Immortal is nice as well. Check out that "Dance with the Devil"... it's my favorite track of his. Canibus is pretty good too, as well as Jedi Mind Tricks.
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:45 PM   #43
The Mamba
High School Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 818
The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board
Default

I've been on the Lupe tip, for awhile. Got the mixtape, and have the leaked version of "Food and Liquor". But are you sure he isn't going to drop it now? It was a highly anticipated album.
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:56 PM   #44
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey
 
GoRapz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,276
GoRapz has decent reputation
Default

this kid is ****ed.

http://www.myspace.com/liljordaneugenio

dude's 8 years old and he's talkin bout love, being the next thing and getting cash.

go take a nap.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:02 PM   #45
ReturnOfJimi
Good High School Starter
 
ReturnOfJimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 741
ReturnOfJimi has an OK reputation so far
Default

How can you guys say rap is dead?

What about "Chicken Noodle Soup?"

I mean... Stairway ain't got sh!t on that.
ReturnOfJimi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:10 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy