Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-11-2006, 05:04 PM   #46
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters

Young HkM is popular on this boardYoung HkM is popular on this boardYoung HkM is popular on this boardYoung HkM is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
this kid is ****ed.

http://www.myspace.com/liljordaneugenio

dude's 8 years old and he's talkin bout love, being the next thing and getting cash.

go take a nap.

lil jordan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> lil he
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:22 PM   #47
laalaa
Original Lakers FAM

laalaa has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
I can definitively say that your statement is crap. Hip hop was simply brilliant when it first started out.

Back in the day, hip hop was virtually blaa blaa blaa, yadda yadda yadda, etc etc
That's very kind of you but save me from the....
Who said I was talking about old school hip hop? The title of this thread is "Rap is officially dead."
So whose statement is crap?

Quote:
racist
If you say so mr. iknowitall.
laalaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:25 PM   #48
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Voice of Reason has not been impressing people

Obie Trice album is tight. Halfway thru it and like it.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:52 PM   #49
IGGYIVERSON
High school junior varsity star

IGGYIVERSON has an OK reputation so far

popular rap hasnt been good since 95 or so.

for whoever said that rap peaked in 98, to me that was the worst possible era of rap.

originality is just too few and far between these days. for every Run DMC theres 800 horrible rip off groups. for every Beastie Boys theres 800 rip offs. for every Dr. Dre theres 800...... you see where im going with this.

it used to be exciting. mid 80s, we heard rhyming like never before. late 80s we heard sampling like never before (Beastie Boys - Pauls Botique), early 90s the whole world got introduced to hardcore social commentary in rap , etc. now its just a bunch of idiots rhyming about 20 inch rims. its ridiculous.
IGGYIVERSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:53 PM   #50
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by laalaa
That's very kind of you but save me from the....
Who said I was talking about old school hip hop? The title of this thread is "Rap is officially dead."
So whose statement is crap?.
Let me refresh your memory, idiot. You said:
Quote:
Thank you lord. It's about time to get this crap as far as possible from the mainstream. The genre had nothing good to offer to anyone.
When you say "the genre" you didn't distinguish between rap and old-school hip hop. Many, myself included, would assume that you were talking about the same thing.

So basically, I was responding by saying that the genre (including hip hop and rap) wasn't crap.

Is that explanation simple enough for you to understand?
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:59 PM   #51
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGGYIVERSON
popular rap hasnt been good since 95 or so.

for whoever said that rap peaked in 98, to me that was the worst possible era of rap.

originality is just too few and far between these days. for every Run DMC theres 800 horrible rip off groups. for every Beastie Boys theres 800 rip offs. for every Dr. Dre theres 800...... you see where im going with this.

it used to be exciting. mid 80s, we heard rhyming like never before. late 80s we heard sampling like never before (Beastie Boys - Pauls Botique), early 90s the whole world got introduced to hardcore social commentary in rap , etc. now its just a bunch of idiots rhyming about 20 inch rims. its ridiculous.

No its not. You're speaking on what is on 106 and park. Turn the channel and go SEARCH for good music. Its out there and in abundance. Just lazy dopes like yourself want it to knock on your damn door. Why? Who knows. You're a fairweather fan who complains. Thats really rich, great rather. Get a clue.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:18 PM   #52
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation

Right now I'm hooked on that Outkast song "Hollywood Divorce" w/ Wayne and Snoop
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:25 PM   #53
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Stevie
Right now I'm hooked on that Outkast song "Hollywood Divorce" w/ Wayne and Snoop

Great song, been on steady play here.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:27 PM   #54
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters

Young HkM is popular on this boardYoung HkM is popular on this boardYoung HkM is popular on this boardYoung HkM is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
Great song, been on steady play here.

gobb, who all do you listen to?
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:29 PM   #55
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

Quality rap is over, atleast in popularity. Guys like Pharrel have ruined the whole thing. Black skaterboy, wtf is that? and all these dipshtts coming out of the south are putting the cherry on top, rapping about snaping yer fingers and leaning your shoulder, real fuakin deep, how bout so more words to the song please? When did rappers collide with whites on a regular accustion? Timberlake wtf the fuak is that?
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:39 PM   #56
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
Quality rap is over, atleast in popularity. Guys like Pharrel have ruined the whole thing. Black skaterboy, wtf is that? and all these dipshtts coming out of the south are putting the cherry on top, rapping about snaping yer fingers and leaning your shoulder, real fuakin deep, how bout so more words to the song please? When did rappers collide with whites on a regular accustion? Timberlake wtf the fuak is that?

You are clueless but I'm not at all surprised. Quality rap is over? Uh huh right.

You dont have to like snap music but its party music. You go to the club to listen to some deep music? Like i said the problem is what is being pushed. But for each person who dislikes it there are people who do. If there wasnt record companies/labels and artists wouldnt continue milkin it.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:56 PM   #57
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
Quality rap is over, atleast in popularity.

Agreed.

When guys like 50 Cent and TI are popular, you know the status quo has really dropped. We all have to admit, we grew up listening to rap/hip hop with much more substance than the kids are today.

Quality rap/hip hop you most likely wont hear on the radio or see on TV (IE isnt popular amongst the main stream listener).

Eh, what can you say. Artists sell out. Radio stations sell out (big time). Music labels sell out. Its all about dollars and bling nowadays.

There's a reason all the best and most unique **** is underground, its because your average listener doesnt "like it", or is too lazy to find it (IE content with crap, coming back to the drop in status quo).
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 07:00 PM   #58
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

im beating my head to some ton loc right now before i goto the boardwalk, saw him candyman and slick rick at the fox theater last year.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:00 PM   #59
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation

Catchy club songs = mainstream = money and that's probably how it's going to be for good. Songs like that attract the average listener. Rap isn't dead because of this. Realistically, it's just branched off. You've got the Club/Party/Mainstream stuff and then you've got the Lyrical stuff. Lil Jon, E-40, etc. those kats aren't out there trying to compare themselves to say, a Talib Kweli or Mos Def. They're just doing their own thing.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 07:03 PM   #60
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

I usually listen to accuradio.com or search for other hiphop radio stations on the net if a want to chill and listen to some old GOOD stuff that i've never heard or rarely heard in constant motion.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: