Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2006, 10:47 PM   #76
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star
 
theinfamousmobb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Miami
Posts: 551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young HkM
I haven't heard the Rick Ross cd, but all the tracks that I've heard by him are whack as ****. His only song I listen to is Chevy Ridin' High and only for the hook. One of my favorite hooks, but the lyrics on the track are just garbage.

Jeezy has some ridiculous beats that wreck hella hard, but dude kills all of them with his flow. If I listen to he is tracks I can only get through his songs by not paying attention to the lyrics.

To me, The Clipse are probably the only people I can think of right now who have been able to match tight production with good lyrics.

Bahahah Clipse got agood flow but their lyrics are just as bad as most rappers, do nothing but rap about money, cars, hoes, etc.
theinfamousmobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:54 PM   #77
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters
 
Young HkM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinfamousmobb
Bahahah Clipse got agood flow but their lyrics are just as bad as most rappers, do nothing but rap about money, cars, hoes, etc.

You're talking about Dre comin to save rap, he raps about all those same things, so why is it ok for him to do it, but not them? Clipse may talk about those things but they do it better than most.
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:56 PM   #78
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star
 
theinfamousmobb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Miami
Posts: 551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young HkM
You're talking about Dre comin to save rap, he raps about all those same things, so why is it ok for him to do it, but not them? Clipse may talk about those things but they do it better than most.
Dre rarely flaunts about his money, look at my bling etc, besides even if he did it would still be 100x better than Clipse, cant belive you comparing a legend to those 2 scrubs :rollingeyes:
theinfamousmobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:56 PM   #79
RidonKs
NBA Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Free Hat!
Posts: 17,911
Default

I think it's safe to say Dre is the greatest American of all time.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:59 PM   #80
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star
 
theinfamousmobb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Miami
Posts: 551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
I think it's safe to say Dre is the greatest American of all time.
theinfamousmobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:03 PM   #81
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Default

Clipse write thier own rhymes, Dr Dre doesnt. He has ghostwriters.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:07 PM   #82
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star
 
theinfamousmobb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Miami
Posts: 551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
Clipse write thier own rhymes, Dr Dre doesnt. He has ghostwriters.
Dr.Dre makes his own beats, Clipse doesnt, whats your point? Dre has reinvented the game time and time again, has Clipse?
theinfamousmobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:10 PM   #83
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinfamousmobb
Dr.Dre makes his own beats, Clipse doesnt, whats your point? Dre has reinvented the game time and time again, has Clipse?

You're praising Dre when Dre doesnt even write his own rhymes. And dissing the Clipse while you're at it like they arent better rappers. They are. Dre as a producer? THere is no debate, discussion. Dre rappin? Clipse wins out. This topic is about bad rap music, not wack producers idiot.

And Dre has been known to use ghostproducers as well. Scott Storch, Daz, couple other cats that slip my mind used to produce beats and Dre comes in, changes a few things and puts his name on it. As a producer tho even with that he is elite. And he can make albums, not just songs. But as far as rap? Pfft, if anything he can have the title of the best rapping producer. Then Kanye just enters my mind and ah well.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:11 PM   #84
qwerty
(o_0)
 
qwerty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,541
Default

Rap is not dead, it's just in a mid-life crisis.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:14 PM   #85
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters
 
Young HkM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinfamousmobb
Dre rarely flaunts about his money, look at my bling etc, besides even if he did it would still be 100x better than Clipse, cant belive you comparing a legend to those 2 scrubs :rollingeyes:

So that's just his money. We all know Dre constantly raps about hoes, which was one of the things that you listed as what was a "problem" you had with Clipse. Since Clipse has good lyricists, my question to you is what's wrong with rapping about those topics when you do it well? Dre does it, so why can't they?
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:16 PM   #86
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star
 
TMacsOneGoodEye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,818
Default

Have you guys heard the new DJ Shadow album that leaked earlier this week? I've been a shadow fan since Endtroducing (one of the greatest albums ever) and followed him around and when I read about the new album I just about threw up. David Banner? It sounded like Shadow had sold out.

I couldn't have been further from the truth. It's amazing and one of the best albums I've heard all year, it's that good.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:17 PM   #87
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star
 
theinfamousmobb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Miami
Posts: 551
Default

Clipse is mediocre is all I gotta say, you kids liking that and I can see why hip hop is the way it is.
theinfamousmobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:22 PM   #88
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters
 
Young HkM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinfamousmobb
Clipse is mediocre is all I gotta say, you kids liking that and I can see why hip hop is the way it is.

So they're mediocre for rapping about hoes, but Dr. Dre does too, so it's ok for him to do it but not them?
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:24 PM   #89
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star
 
theinfamousmobb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Miami
Posts: 551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young HkM
So they're mediocre for rapping about hoes, but Dr. Dre does too, so it's ok for him to do it but not them?
Thats not what im saying, im saying is that not no different from the other generic rapper out there.
theinfamousmobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:25 PM   #90
The Mamba
High School Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 818
Default

Dr. Dre is a bad rapper, a great beat maker. But the things he is saying don't have any profound effect.

Kanye West, isn't a great rapper... he's average, but he is killer at making beats, and more importantly. MAKES MUSIC. And the things he says in his songs, are true. It isn't phony ****. It's real. It's heart felt, even though at time... a bit blunt. But that's good music. And when he does rap about repeditive ****, like "money, hoes, etc." it is actually original and good. See: Gold Digger.
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:36 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy