Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-20-2008, 12:34 PM   #1
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers

Ryansrams has an OK reputation so far
Default Better option than Arenas

I would love the Lakers to pursue TJ Ford, imagine his speed running with the athletes on our team He can penetrate at will and serve Gasol and Bynum dunks all night long. From what I hear Toronto is higher on Calderon and most likely will keep him.
Ryansrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:20 PM   #2
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Better option than Arenas

and may i ask who we would trade for him?

if your thinking LO, i would have to say NO to trade LO, he is the perfect compliment to pau and bynum

how good is tj's shot? b/c to be a pg in this offense u need to have a good shot..
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 02:59 PM   #3
cbags3
Can barely lace up my sneakers

cbags3 has an OK reputation so far

im gonna second this trade idea, i've been a fan of tj ford since college and i'd rather have him here then arenas. hes a better fit for the triangle offense then arenas would be cuz arenas would want to many shots.
cbags3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 03:05 PM   #4
GMW
Local High School Star

GMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation here

I really don't like TJ's play... he's too selfish for my liking and his jumpshot ain't all that good from what I've seen. I don't think he would provide a major upgrade for us, not worth giving up some valuable pieces for imo.
GMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 03:08 PM   #5
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers

Ryansrams has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe=MVP07`
and may i ask who we would trade for him?

if your thinking LO, i would have to say NO to trade LO, he is the perfect compliment to pau and bynum

how good is tj's shot? b/c to be a pg in this offense u need to have a good shot..
I believe LO will be traded in the off season, so the Lakers can keep their depth and Ariza will be are starting small forward. Ariza will be a big factor next year on the defensive end and much cheaper than Odom. I like Odom but not for 13 million a year. If the Lakers are looking at Arenas best believe they can work something out to get TJ Ford. I don't care about his shot they will run the pick and role with Gasol and Bynum all day. If you noticed they already run the pick and roll alot with Kobe and Gasol.:)
Ryansrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 03:49 PM   #6
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like his game but we'd have to give up LO for him and I htink LO is more valuable than Ford. Not to mention he is very very fragile. He always has stints where he is out because of his nagging spine injury. Not sure hes worth the risk, given our luck with injuries. Not a bad idea though, jus worry about his health moreso than anything and who we'd have to give up. If our pgs play horribly in the playoffs, I can see such a deal go down
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 04:14 PM   #7
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryansrams
I believe LO will be traded in the off season, so the Lakers can keep their depth and Ariza will be are starting small forward. Ariza will be a big factor next year on the defensive end and much cheaper than Odom.:)

I like Ariza's game but he isn't a starter. He can't be effective for 30-35 min on a nightly basis. He's much more effective coming off the bench for 10-20 a game.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 04:23 PM   #8
DaRizzle
I brick open layups

DaRizzle has an OK reputation so far

I think if Odom is going to get traded it will be during next years trade deadline. Chances are the Lakers wont win it all this year, If they do then he stays for his full contract at least. If they dont win it all then I think they would want to see how the team does together for the first half of the season before making any moves. Sure he'll be an overpaid 4th option but he will be the fourth best option ever!
DaRizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: