Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 06-09-2006, 02:47 AM   #1
cured
Decent playground baller

Default USA Basketball

So are we finally going to go back to the days where we're killing teams and, for God's sake, win those international competitions?

If KG and Ben Wallace would have been on the roster, I would've been in heaven.

As it is:

Carmelo Anthony
Shane Battier
Chris Bosh
Elton Brand
Dwight Howard
Antawn Jamison
Shawn Marion
Lamar Odom
Joe Johnson

Amare Stoudemire
Brad Miller

Dwyane Wade
Gilbert Arenas
Bruce Bowen
Chauncey Billups
Adam Morrison
Kobe Bryant
LeBron James
Chris Paul
Paul Pierce
J.J. Redick
Michael Redd
Luke Ridnour

Head Coach: Mike Krzyzewski, Duke University (N.C.)
Assistant Coach: Jim Boeheim, Syracuse University (N.Y.)
Assistant Coach: Mike D'Antoni, Phoenix Suns
Assistant Coach: Nate McMillan, Portland Trail Blazers

Well, we won't be lacking in outside shooting this time around...

Last edited by cured : 06-09-2006 at 02:56 AM.
cured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:51 AM   #2
Younggrease
Banned

Default ...

they should invite a guy like Jason Terry or Mike Bibby, someone how wants likes to take big shots from nthe pg position in case Billups is old or off. I dont trust Arenas jumper so that should be addressed.

Also Ben Wallae cant play internation rules, he isn't effective, USA should beg Rashard Lewis to play also.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:59 AM   #3
hipballinjigga
Berkshire is the Woods

Is this an official roster of who will be at the camp?
hipballinjigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:01 AM   #4
cured
Decent playground baller

It's the roster, although I don't see how they have that many spots. I assume it's just the camp.

took it off the official site:
http://www.usabasketball.com/seniorm...wc_roster.html
Old 06-09-2006, 03:02 AM   #5
KGtoGay2k6
I hit open layups

looks nice, i like the pg position in paul and arenas...none of this marbury crap
KGtoGay2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:02 AM   #6
hipballinjigga
Berkshire is the Woods

Thanks. I am actually excited by that list. I think it could and will be a heated battle for spots. Who do you think the top ten selected will be? Or the perfect team out of those players?
hipballinjigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:06 AM   #7
Fiyah
Kids at the park dunk on me

I think Chris Paul will really help out the team a lot. He's perfect for international competition. He's a really good passer but he can also hit the mid range jumper consistently.. and the mid range jumper in the NBA is near the 3 point line in international basketball. I don't know about the 2006 championships, but he'll be dominating by the 2008 olympics.

Kobe will take over the 2006 championship. Not to mention having LeBron and Wade right next to him. It's going to be fun to watch. Honestly, the best thing they did was getting Mike D'Antoni, he knows this stuff... Larry Brown just didn't get the international style of basketball at all. Coach K is a decent choice for head coach too, especially since him and Kobe have a good relationship.

I also really like Michael Redd, we desperately lacked outside shooting. The one player I'm surprised they didn't add is Kirk Hinrich. I don't know if they turned him down or he turned them down but Hinrich and Paul in '08 would be unstoppable at PG.

As for lineups, I'm not sure what the total amount is supposed to be, but the 2002 team had 12 players and a reserve so I'll go off that. Remember, this team stays together for the Olympics in 08 too so you have to think a little longterm.

PG - Chauncey Billups, Gilbert Arenas, Chris Paul
SG - Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, Michael Redd
SF - LeBron James, Shawn Marion, Paul Pierce
PF - Chris Bosh, Elton Brand
C - Dwight Howard

It gets a little tough when you can only have 12. A lot easier if you can have up to 15. If I could add 3 more to the above, I'd add Amare Stoudemire, Brad Miller, and either Joe Johnson or Shane Battier. But with only 12 you really have to make some hard choices.

I went with more Guards/Forwards than big men because Brad Miller will be up there in age in two years and he's already starting to fade away a bit. Although he is suited well for international competition since he passes so well. Stoudemire, it's hard to say how he'll be after the injury but for now I think I'd take Bosh and Brand over him. And Joe Johnson and Shane Battier are not better than Marion or Pierce.

But hey, just my opinion. I'd like to see what you guys think the lineup should be.

Last edited by Fiyah : 06-09-2006 at 03:15 AM.
Fiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:11 AM   #8
Younggrease
Banned

Default ...

"looks nice, i like the pg position in paul and arenas..."

I like Paul but Arenas is too streaky and makes horrible decesions. Id rather have a sharpshooter like Bibby or Terry.

I think should bring

Billups/Paul
Kobe/Redd/Wade
Lebron/Joe Johnon
Brand/Bosh/Odom
Howard/Brad Miller
Old 06-09-2006, 03:12 AM   #9
cured
Decent playground baller

Well, it appears that is the full roster. The thing is, this full roster is to play together for 3 years...that was the commitment they evidently made. Who knows how many will be on a playing roster but in the event someone can't play, they have back-ups they can plug right in.

But man...Kobe, LeBron, and Wade on the court at the same time? I can't wait to see that. Almost bought tix to the exhibition game in Vegas against Puerto Rico but I don't think my buddies will be able to make it.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:14 AM   #10
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

To bad Redd can't make it, his shooting what have helped.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:16 AM   #11
cured
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
To bad Redd can't make it, his shooting what have helped.

Why can't he make it? I didn't hear anything about him not being able to make the camp...
Old 06-09-2006, 03:17 AM   #12
Younggrease
Banned

Default ...

"Kobe, LeBron, and Wade on the court at the same time? I can't wait to see that"

I can definately wait to see that. I actually hope it doesnt happen much. They will just zone up and force Lebron and Wade to shoot. And they both are not good stand still spot up shooters
Old 06-09-2006, 03:20 AM   #13
cured
Decent playground baller

I dunno, Wade can take one guy off the dribble, when the double-team/rotation comes, Kobe or LeBron may have a free ride to the basket...or minimal interference. Speed kills. Speed and size kills even more.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:22 AM   #14
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by cured
Why can't he make it? I didn't hear anything about him not being able to make the camp...

His wedding I believe. Ask AppleNadar.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:27 AM   #15
artificial
:-P

this roster -and coaching staff- look pretty strong and adequate for intl play, so i can see them being pretty succesful.

still, as much as i like nba basketball, i always hope that team USA fails in international competition, and enjoy when it happens.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: