Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 06-09-2006, 06:04 AM   #16
hotsizzle
Superstar

are you kidding me? kobe, lebron, wade will absolutely kill. no team can guard them. whatever the opponents do, no way you can stop them. if they use the double team, then one of the them will do as he pleases. if they use zone, i doubt it will be a problem because each one of them has a specific trait that could disrupt it. i just dont see a way to stop wade, kobe, bron if they combine forces. of course, this will also have to do alot with coaching and how all three could be maximized.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:16 AM   #17
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

Kobe, Wade, and Lebron on the same team is going to be an absolute joy to watch. I only wish Tmac was healthy and playing so we could see the 4 best perimeter players in the league playing together, cause we'll never get to see even two of them on teh same team in the league. Utterly unstoppable the 3 of them are going to be. Wow.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:35 AM   #18
Aussie Outcast
Kids at the park dunk on me

When you guys say double team and then i watch the play you are referring to, 99% of the time its just help defence or just a hedge on a screen not a proper double team. Why is this its always bothered me. Is it because you guys dont really know what help defence is (unlikely but possible for some of the people on here who dont appear to know anything about basketball) or is it just because thats how the commentators refer to this?
Aussie Outcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:44 AM   #19
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
they should invite a guy like Jason Terry or Mike Bibby, someone how wants likes to take big shots from nthe pg position in case Billups is old or off. I dont trust Arenas jumper so that should be addressed.

Also Ben Wallae cant play internation rules, he isn't effective, USA should beg Rashard Lewis to play also.

just because you don't trust Arenas's shot doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. I'd let this guy shoot anyday...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:10 AM   #20
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

I think a guy who could have a big impact is Boehiem. He knows the zone as well as anyone, and therefore understands it's weaknesses, and how to attack it.
And what I think could be more interesting, is if they let him install some zone. He could assemble something fun with long athletes along his front line like Howard, Bosh, Lebron, and Brand. They could set brutal traps, and get out and close on shooters on the weakside.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:24 AM   #21
KGtoGay2k6
I hit open layups

this teams goin to see so many different zone defenses, if kobe lebrone and wade are goin to play, we better send out a tall shooter
KGtoGay2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 11:02 AM   #22
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

dont forget coach k and colangelo picked bowen, nattier, and/or howard to be the role playerof the team... howard declined and by the time the olympics rolls around bowen will be pretty close to 40. so my bet is battier makes at least the final team as the role-playing defender.
J-Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:14 PM   #23
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

whens our first game?
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 06:39 PM   #24
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

This roster is still CHOCK full of deficiences. Actually, the two worst deficiences of the 2004 Olympic squad are AGAIN present in the 2006-2008 roster. It really blows my mind how badly it turned out.

Lack of true point guards
The 04 team was plagued with Marbury and Wade running the point, which evidently was a complete disaster. Neither of them understand how to run team offenses at the level of an international competition.

The problem is yet again repeated now. Arenas and Wade are still shoot first point guards, not the best passers or decision makers. Billups would have been our surest bet, as he is perfect for the international game, but he dropped out of the 06 Worlds due to his marriage. Paul would be fine if he weren't so young; I don't trust a first year player to run this team. Ridnour might be fine in 08, but again, far too young and inexperienced to be our point guard.

Lack of Shooters
In 04, SHAWN MARION was our 3 point shooter, which obviously isn't saying very much. When the 06-08 roster was first announced, we had Rashard Lewis/Michael Redd/Chauncey Billups as our pure shooters. Then, Redd and Billups were excused from the 06 worlds due to personal reasons, and Rashard Lewis chicked out like a little yellow whore. That leaves us with 0 big time pure shooters. Basically, Joe Johnson is our only decently pure shooter. I don't even want to THINK about JJ Redick making the final squad, that would be a disaster. If battier is able to make the final roster, that would help, but it is unlikely.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:18 PM   #25
dmenzion
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGtoGay2k6
looks nice, i like the pg position in paul and arenas...none of this marbury crap

amen,brotha! marbury sucks!
i wish we had a lil more power at the 5 position,though
i mean wallace and shaq come on guys i mean even eddy curry or Samuel Dalembert!
dmenzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:51 PM   #26
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmenzion
amen,brotha! marbury sucks!
i wish we had a lil more power at the 5 position,though
i mean wallace and shaq come on guys i mean even eddy curry or Samuel Dalembert!

Hopefully that's a joke.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 12:13 PM   #27
zybine
I airball my layups

Odom, JJReddick and Mr Kobe Bryant are out. I expect a few more to drop out soon.
zybine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 12:17 PM   #28
zybine
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by zybine
Odom, JJReddick and Mr Kobe Bryant are out. I expect a few more to drop out soon.

Greg Oden has been invited to the Las Vegas camp.

Members of the historic 2006-08 USA Basketball Menís Senior National Team that will participate in the teamís Las Vegas training include: Carmelo Anthony (Denver Nuggets); Gilbert Arenas (Washington Wizards); Shane Battier (Houston Rockets); Chauncey Billups (Detroit Pistons); Chris Bosh (Toronto Raptors); Bruce Bowen (San Antonio Spurs); Elton Brand (Los Angeles Clippers); Kirk Hinrich (Chicago Bulls); Dwight Howard (Orlando Magic); LeBron James (Cleveland Cavaliers); Antawn Jamison (Washington Wizards); Joe Johnson (Atlanta Hawks); Shawn Marion (Phoenix Suns); Brad Miller (Sacramento Kings); Adam Morrison (Charlotte Bobcats/Gonzaga University); Chris Paul (New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets); Michael Redd (Milwaukee Bucks); Luke Ridnour (Seattle SuperSonics); Amarť Stoudemire (Phoenix Suns); and Dwyane Wade (Miami Heat).

The USA Team will open training in Las Vegas on July 19 and train through July 25.

Following a five-day break, finalists for the USA World Championship Team will reconvene in Las Vegas on July 31 for the start of the second phase of the teamís domestic training. The USA will train July 31-Aug. 2 and meet Puerto Rico in the 2006 State Farm USA Basketball Challenge at the Thomas & Mack Center on Aug. 3 (8 p.m. PDT).

The USAís training will move to Guangzhou, China, where the team will train Aug. 6, and play two games as part of the China Basketball Challenge, facing China on Aug. 7 and Brazil on Aug. 8.

From Aug. 11-15 the USA will participate in the five-team World Basketball Challenge 2006 that will be held in Seoul, Korea, at the site of the 1988 Olympic Games basketball competition - Jamsil Gymnasium. The Challenge features national teams from the United States, Italy, Korea, Lithuania and Turkey.

The World Basketball Challenge 2006 officially gets underway Friday, Aug. 11, when Korea plays Turkey (6 p.m., all times local). On Saturday, Aug. 12, Korea will take on Lithuania (2 p.m.), while Italy and Turkey (4 p.m.) will clash in the eveningís second game. The USA opens its play on Sunday, Aug. 13, against Lithuania (2 p.m.), and Korea versus Italy (4 p.m.) caps the dayís schedule. The Challenge concludes Tuesday, Aug. 15, with Korea meeting the U.S. (3 p.m. local time). The U.S. squad is also scheduled to train in Seoul on Aug. 11, 12, 14, and 16.

The USAís visit to China and Korea mark the first time that a USA menís senior national basketball team comprised of NBA players has visited either country.

The United States will depart on Aug.17 for Sapporo, Japan, where it will play its preliminary round games of the 2006 FIBA World Championship for Men from Aug. 19-24
zybine is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: