Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 04-18-2008, 10:23 AM   #16
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Patrick27 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Can We Go All The Way At This Point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
Well things have changed a bit since I made this thread.

The bench has really proven something. I think the Pistons can beat any team in the league when the starters are in rythm and the bench is hot.

I think we have a legit shot.

...and now back on the bandwagon.

Don't worry, there's still a seat for you...
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:49 PM   #17
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

hey they still have all those problems I listed I'm just saying it looks a little more positive with the bench coming together.

we still have a mountain to climb in beating the celtics, who are probably a better team.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:37 PM   #18
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Dolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation here

ECF should be assured. Boston has a lot of playoffs failures on their team. I am not convinced they can man up in the ECF and beat us. The bench can be huge for us in that series as well. Billups can destroy Rondo.

In the finals it is a matter of who they play. The only teams I would put us at a disadvantage against are the Lakers and Phoenix.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:03 PM   #19
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What's amazing to me is how everyone rips on the east being weak and now all the sudden people are saying Detroit and Boston are the 2 best teams in the NBA. There is just too much parity in the west. I still think Detroit has just as good of a chance as anybody in the league. That is if the refs don't pull something like they did with Miami a couple years ago I guess.....
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:12 PM   #20
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Some motivation for the Pistons…

Flash back to 1988…

The hottest video game is Super Mario Bros. on Nintendo (NES)
The Kansas Jayhawks just won the NCAA tourney
The #1 teams in the NBA west/east are the Lakers and Celtics…

20 years later…

The hottest video game is Super Mario Galaxy on Nintendo (Wii)
The Kansas Jayhawks just won the NCAA tourney
The #1 teams in the NBA west/east are the Lakers and Celtics

The Media loves the Celtics and the Lakers.
They are laugh at the Piss-tons and spit on their organization and city…

Thats right Pistons and Pistons fans, the world hates you and your team…

one last thing… in 1988 the NBA finals featured 2 teams…
yes sir…
Los Angles Lakers vs. Detroit Pistons
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:16 PM   #21
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would love to see that series.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:50 PM   #22
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Can We Go All The Way At This Point?

Nope.

They gave up after halftime in game 3 vs. the 76ers…

Its over…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:36 PM   #23
dd24
College superstar

You're right. I see absolutely no determination in this group. It's almost as if they just don't care. They clearly have more talent and yet just seem to be giving games away. Boston looks great and with the way the Pistons are playing if that series were to happen the Celtics would clearly have an advantage at this point.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:12 AM   #24
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

did u see the way sheed played game 6 he looks like he has no motivation

we need to move sheed or at least get an actual big man because he only plays like one at one end of the floor
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 12:47 AM   #25
dd24
College superstar

Sheed is probably the biggest reason they lost. I said it in an earlier post, the Pistons don't have enough down low to get it done. Tonight if I was Flip I would have left Maxiell in the game longer. He was the only one that looked decent down there. This off season there are two priorities IMO. #1 is to upgrade the front line. #2 is to make a head coaching change. I don't like the fact that the team doesn't listen or respond to Flip.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: