Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-22-2008, 11:42 AM   #1
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default LO7 still not getting the respect he deserves....even from us!!!

I can't believe that laker's fans are not jumping for joy over the
great play Lamar has shown us lately...

In the other thread on the laker's best defensive player, he is
not mentioned once....(so far)....He defends the opponent's best
player night after night....he is our best big defender....

he's our best rebounder......

he's a great passer......

he is a smart player... he really works well in the triangle....when he
is not the primary option.....

Come on people, give Lamar his due!!!!
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:50 AM   #2
Tainted Sword
World Champion WOOOO~!

Tainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: LO7 still not getting the respect he deserves....even from us!!!

I love how he's developing a more consistent jumper. He'll need that for the open shots Pau, Bynum, and Kobe will create for him.

But I do agree with you, Odom has been playing great ball these last two months. He'll be quite possibly the best 4th option in the league when the team gets healthy.
Tainted Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:10 PM   #3
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

lamars my favorite player, ive been telling you people all year hes a beast he just wasnt healthy, last week they said its the first time he had no pain
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 02:05 PM   #4
DaRizzle
I brick open layups

DaRizzle has an OK reputation so far

Whatever...he started playing well when he became the 3rd option...for $13million a year!! I will say he is playing his best ball of the year but I am not going to hold my breath. He has average bball IQ but sometimes makes up for it with his freakish body and speed. Put another $13 mill a year SF's out there in the same situation he is in with Kobe and Pau and see what happens. He is the same player he always has been for us just with a lot less focus on him by the opposition.
DaRizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 02:06 PM   #5
cbags3
Can barely lace up my sneakers

cbags3 has an OK reputation so far

i love odom, seriously everyone just needs to stop talkin about trading him and give him a chance to show us what he can do when hes healthy
cbags3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 02:21 PM   #6
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

He is playing great right now....

I would respect Lamar if he keeps on playing at this level for a whole season...and dont forget next summer he becomes free agent....so money might be a motivation too......
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 02:35 PM   #7
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

as a long time supporter of lamar, it's good to see him get his props... he's fianlly healthy and playing his natural positions and not being forced to play in a spot his was never meant to be in...

It's actully ironic that we can see now when you don't try and turn him into the next scottie pippen and put him in a position he's not comfortable playing, but instead use his talents the way they should be utilized, he plays just about as well as scottie pippen...lol
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 02:52 PM   #8
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Good post. I agree, he does deserve a lot of credit for stepping up after all these injuries we've been through. He's perfecting his mid-range game. We just have to continue with what we're doing right now..
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:02 PM   #9
Crash
Its Showtime

Crash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this board

Its one thing to debate whether he's worth the money hes getting, its another to give him props for his outstanding play lately.... rebounds are an automatic with him and he is playing VERY well lately. He was passive in the first game without Pau but really stepped it up over the last 3.
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:52 PM   #10
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He's playing the best basketball of his career right now. He's a totally different player mentally right now too, something seems to have clicked. I hope he keeps it up!

DaRizzle I used to bash on Odom's contract because he was our #2 option and getting paid #1/#2 money. Not only that but there didn't seem to be any way to get a better #2 option without moving his contract. BUT, Bynum became a force out of nowhere and they were able to land Gasol without moving Lamar.

What a difference it makes when LO doesn't feel he has to carry the team and force his offense. He's been the Lakers best rebounder since he's been here and that was without much help. now that LA has better rebounders around him, he's a rebounding beast.

With Bynum and/or Pau out there he can just play his game and not worrying about forcing things. He's even learned to contine that play without Pau and Bynum out there and not revert back to his former way.

I think another huge thing to take into consideration isn't just his improved line of around 15/12/4 since gasol got here, but is how he is doing it. His efficiency is at an all time high. Check this out. Career 45.9% shooting and 2.89 turnovers. This season, 51.9% and 1.97 turnovers. He's shooting over 60% since the Gasol trade.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:09 PM   #11
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Whatever...he started playing well when he became the 3rd option...for $13million a year!!
heat gave him that contract, not the lakers...
is he overpaid?

who knows, lots of guys much worse making big money vs. what they produce on the floor...

if you get too wrapped up in $$$ vs. production you fail to see that impact is more important than actual numbers...

lamar is 28th in the league when it comes to salaries and i'd argue that he is somewhere in the top 30 players in the league right now when it comes to overall production and in the top 20 when it comes to having an impact on his teams success

lakers are atop the west and lamar has been a huge part of it, would they be number one without Lamar? no i doubt it...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:21 PM   #12
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Fedor - Laker has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
heat gave him that contract, not the lakers...
is he overpaid?

who knows, lots of guys much worse making big money vs. what they produce on the floor...

if you get too wrapped up in $$$ vs. production you fail to see that impact is more important than actual numbers...

lamar is 28th in the league when it comes to salaries and i'd argue that he is somewhere in the top 30 players in the league right now when it comes to overall production and in the top 20 when it comes to having an impact on his teams success

lakers are atop the west and lamar has been a huge part of it, would they be number one without Lamar? no i doubt it...

The guy is good, I'll give him that, but to say without Lamar we wouldn't be first is just retarded. Where was he for the past 3 seasons? All of a sudden, Pau comes in the picture and Lamar is worth some value to us and putting up the production that we expected from him 4 effing years ago...

Not to mention, he's very inconsistent (besides his boards) and he took Bynum out with his poetic foot..
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:23 PM   #13
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Its like making Fish play PF... its not going to turn out well..

Now it seems that L.O. can play his game with Gasol here, and he is showing that playing his type of role, makes his a great player.

The funny thing is that a couple months ago, I myself questioned L.O.'s play and the fact that he is a poor second option.

And then he did what I wanted, which is beautiful. He no longer makes dumb mistakes. He plays as hard as anyone on the court. By the evidence of the past two games, he is showing a shoot first mentality.. and by way of that his turn overs have lowered. Also, since he is not thinking of passing and shooting simultaniously, his accuracy has increased. Now hes shooting an outstanding percentage.

If you look at the past two games, the lakers played them without Gasol and L.O. was a major factor. Major because he is not forcing an unsuitable style, but maximising his own style.

And yes you could say that this type of play is long overdue and that NOW he is choosing to make the adjustments...

But if that were the case.. I would still be filled with joy, because there is no better time than the present for him to start "clicking". Its the end of the season and if he continues to play this way, there will be no end to the potential of this Laker Squad.

K.B. doing what he does, Gasol playing a solid second scorer, and L.O. playing his new efficient style = much success for the Lakers.... and thats not even taking under account what Bynum could potentially add to the equation...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:38 PM   #14
Laker Magic 32
Kids at the park dunk on me

Laker Magic 32 has an OK reputation so far

LO is playing great right now and everyone wants him to play better to justify his salary.

If we were to ever trade him away, we would find ourselves in the same situation Phx is in who now realize the intangibles that Marion provided.

Also, just really think about what would happen if LO were to ever be signed by another West Conf team...There is no one on our roster that would be able to defend him.

Also for those of you who want to look at his boxscores, just remember his stat line looks even better in the playoffs 20/12 ...

Finally, if you're gonna find a fault in his game it is that he tries too hard; that's where all his mistakes come from. I'm fine with that, cause you could never say that LO didn't give it his all.

Last edited by Laker Magic 32 : 03-22-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Laker Magic 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:06 PM   #15
DaRizzle
I brick open layups

DaRizzle has an OK reputation so far

Some of these posts are ridiculous. Can no one see that it is a DIRECT correlation between him playing better and Gasol coming here? Sure he has had some good games without Pau since he was injured but he also did that every so often before the trade. Im not saying he isnt doing his part or that he isnt needed...he is just taking advantage of a relatively easy situation(he better). Don't expect him to make any huge plays in the last minute of close games except miss layups (because he doesnt dunk) and FTs and maybe a TO. He is good if there is absolutely no pressure on him.....thats the truth
DaRizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: