Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-22-2008, 07:10 PM   #16
Tainted Sword
World Champion WOOOO~!

Tainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: LO7 still not getting the respect he deserves....even from us!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor - Laker
The guy is good, I'll give him that, but to say without Lamar we wouldn't be first is just retarded. Where was he for the past 3 seasons? All of a sudden, Pau comes in the picture and Lamar is worth some value to us and putting up the production that we expected from him 4 effing years ago...

Not to mention, he's very inconsistent (besides his boards) and he took Bynum out with his poetic foot..
In other words, Odom got us Gasol. Without Bynum getting injured, we wouldn't have got him....
Tainted Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:43 PM   #17
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainted Sword
In other words, Odom got us Gasol. Without Bynum getting injured, we wouldn't have got him....

Im fine with that
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 08:09 PM   #18
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Fedor - Laker has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainted Sword
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:05 PM   #19
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
I can't believe that laker's fans are not jumping for joy over the
great play Lamar has shown us lately...

In the other thread on the laker's best defensive player, he is
not mentioned once....(so far)....He defends the opponent's best
player night after night....he is our best big defender....

he's our best rebounder......

he's a great passer......

he is a smart player... he really works well in the triangle....when he
is not the primary option.....

Come on people, give Lamar his due!!!!

C'mon man.
Check that thread again. I remember sayin it was like Kobe and Ariza but Ariza I'm saying because thats all he really brings(Or in an analogy it would be the full course meal to his side dish)

LAMAR is an underrated defender. I've understood that they just throw this guy in the fire and let him guard Dirk, Kg, etc. Lamar is the best big defender we have. Bynum is just a shot blocker.

I dont know if the way lamar defends or rebounds, or is almost ALWAYS there with the weakside goes overlooked but when I see Lamar play I see a guy who trys harder than almost everybody and thats why I love what he brings to our team.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:29 AM   #20
Erathia
Local High School Star

Erathia is popular on this boardErathia is popular on this boardErathia is popular on this boardErathia is popular on this board

The major disappointment with Lamar has been his Intensity and Heart. He's had the athletic ability and talent to be a #2 option on any team all his career; however, he has always seemed to not attack the basket or play consistently.

Now it is finally clicking for him. Over the last couple of months he has attacked the boards. He is/was ripping rebounds of Bynum/Gasol/Turiaf and the opposition. He is being decisive; he isn't taking that split second or 2 to decide if he should dribble, shoot, or pass. He catches the ball and shoots or goes to the hoop. And these aren't because Gasol or anyone else, its finally his mindset to be aggressive. This is not to say that the acquisition of Gasol didn't have an effect, it just wasn't the entire reason LO is playing the way he is.

Guys are mentioning the change in position, but since Gasol has gone down LO has been back at the 4 and been playing great. Its not where he is on the chart, but how he is used. He isn't expected to bring up the ball and initiate the offense. He is where he feels most comfortable, as a role player.

Big ups to LO! Keep up the great play!
Erathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:34 AM   #21
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
LAMAR is an underrated defender. I've understood that they just throw this guy in the fire and let him guard Dirk, Kg, etc. Lamar is the best big defender we have. Bynum is just a shot blocker.

Yet that shot blocker causes other teams to think twice about entering the paint, whereas with lamar as our "best big defender" we've had more problems with defense than we ever have until recently.

Also note that Bynum and Odom average the same exact rebounds but odom actually plays 9 more minutes per game than Bynum.

Put Bynum in for those same minutes Odom averages and he can average much more rebounds, more blocks, etc...

Here is my ranking on the defense of our bigs from best to worst:
1) Andrew
2) Turiaf
3) Odom
4) Mbenga
5) Mihmsies

lol and dont say "just a shotblocker" in a way that takes away from Bynum's performances.

Odom is a good defender, not underrated....and bynum is a great defender.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:27 AM   #22
Erathia
Local High School Star

Erathia is popular on this boardErathia is popular on this boardErathia is popular on this boardErathia is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Yet that shot blocker causes other teams to think twice about entering the paint, whereas with lamar as our "best big defender" we've had more problems with defense than we ever have until recently.

Also note that Bynum and Odom average the same exact rebounds but odom actually plays 9 more minutes per game than Bynum.

Put Bynum in for those same minutes Odom averages and he can average much more rebounds, more blocks, etc...

1) Andrew
2) Turiaf
3) Odom
4) Mbenga
5) Mihmsies

lol and dont say "just a shotblocker" in a way that takes away from Bynum's performances.

The block is the most overrated stat in basketball. Getting a block does not make or break a great defender. 1 block does not make up for allowing 3-4 buckets. Listen to James Worthy, John Ireland, Stu Lance, etc... they all state that changing/altering a shot in the paint is just as effective as a block shot.

Bynum is effective at deterring teams from entering the paint; however, I won't call him a great defender. He has everything the ability to become a great defender, but is still to young, inexperienced, and raw to be called a great defender.
Erathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:33 AM   #23
Jayrome05
Skadoosh

Jayrome05 has an OK reputation so far

Lamar be out-rebounding guys taller and bigger then him... He deserves a lot for recent defensive efforts the lakers have been playing.
Jayrome05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:51 AM   #24
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erathia
The block is the most overrated stat in basketball. Getting a block does not make or break a great defender. 1 block does not make up for allowing 3-4 buckets. Listen to James Worthy, John Ireland, Stu Lance, etc... they all state that changing/altering a shot in the paint is just as effective as a block shot.

Bynum is effective at deterring teams from entering the paint; however, I won't call him a great defender. He has everything the ability to become a great defender, but is still to young, inexperienced, and raw to be called a great defender.

You forgot to mention that Bynum alters almost every shot that gets thrown up in the paint.

You cant be too young and inexperienced to be a great defender. Your either a defender or your not.

Bynum has done everything he could in the off-season to make him a much better defender, and the pick n roll defense, which he used to suck at before got much better especially before he went down with the injury.

lol raw? How is someone too raw to be a defender?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:24 AM   #25
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
You forgot to mention that Bynum alters almost every shot that gets thrown up in the paint.

You cant be too young and inexperienced to be a great defender. Your either a defender or your not.

Bynum has done everything he could in the off-season to make him a much better defender, and the pick n roll defense, which he used to suck at before got much better especially before he went down with the injury.

lol raw? How is someone too raw to be a defender?

Not gonna get into the LO v Bynum but that bolded statement is flat out wrong bro
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:30 AM   #26
Laker Magic 32
Kids at the park dunk on me

Laker Magic 32 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Turiaf is a better defensive player than bynum, because he plays defense from the point of attack to the shot, where as bynum plays defense at the shot...take for example the way Turiaf plays the pick n roll and how he'll hedge the ball handler.

But back to the topic of Lamar, he is forced to play defense for the entire time he is out there; more so than any other laker player...even kobe, doesn't play defense that long.
Laker Magic 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:48 AM   #27
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

1) Andrew
2) Turiaf
3) Odom
4) Mbenga
5) Mihmsies

When I call Bynum a shot blocker, I wasnt tyring to take anything away from a guy. I UNDERSTAND that he makes our defense better with his shot blocking but when do you ever see Bynum shut down Yao, TD, KG, Boozer, guys like that. I dont really see Bynum stay right in front of his man and defend him most of the time.

I guess what I was trying to say is that even though Lamar might not block every or many shots, he attempts to. Almost all the time. He is always defending his man and guess what, when theres a guy left open who do you ALWAYS see running to that open guy with his hand up and yelling as loud as he can.

Mr. LO
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:55 PM   #28
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
I guess what I was trying to say is that even though Lamar might not block every or many shots, he attempts to. Almost all the time. He is always defending his man and guess what, when theres a guy left open who do you ALWAYS see running to that open guy with his hand up and yelling as loud as he can.

Mr. LO

I really can't wait for Pau to return healthy. Having Pau and Lamar
out there really gave teams fits... If Drew can come back strong,
we got a shot!!!! I'm not forgetting the best player in the world....
just dreaming of that front line playing with him!!
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:04 PM   #29
Droth24
Gonna kick cancers ass

Droth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
I really can't wait for Pau to return healthy. Having Pau and Lamar
out there really gave teams fits... If Drew can come back strong,
we got a shot!!!! I'm not forgetting the best player in the world....
just dreaming of that front line playing with him!!
I like to think about how much a** we can kick with that line-up, we can do alot of damage with all that talent on the court at the same time
Droth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:16 PM   #30
Chickybaby
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Chickybaby has an OK reputation so far
Smile Re: LO7 still not getting the respect he deserves....even from us!!!

Love him or hate him, LO is a hustler, a hard working player on the court..

Turiaf gets alot of due credit for his energetic play, but LO works just as hard IMO.
Chickybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: