Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2008, 08:08 PM   #31
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.
 
danumber88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto, where the Raps lie
Posts: 3,021
danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Lebron's Future

i think if he never wins a ring in the next couple years.. he will be traded. hopefully to the knicks
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:46 PM   #32
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >
 
Nets fan 93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NewJersey Beast:Plumlee!!
Posts: 9,918
Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lebron's Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by danumber88
i think if he never wins a ring in the next couple years.. he will be traded. hopefully to the knicks
we are talking about when his contract expires not him being traded
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:41 PM   #33
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northeast OH
Posts: 6,103
Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Lebron's Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
THERES A CLAUSE in his contract that MAKES HIM MORE MONEY if he goes to a big market. STFU and stop calling people out. its obvious you can't bear to think lebron might leave but jesus christ theres at least a good possibility.

Do you know how stupid what you just wrote sounds? He has a clause in his contract that if he plays for a big market he makes more money?

Read that again.

HIS CONTRACT IS WITH THE CAVALIERS, WHY WOULD THEY WANT HIM TO PLAY FOR ANOTHER TEAM?

The BS you are referring to is his contract with Nike.

So let me break this down for you:

What makes more sense?

Make more money from Nike and lose all your other endorsements because your team sucks, or win with your current team, keep all your endorsements and make new ones, and possibly lose a little bit of money through Nike?

Quote:
Did you just imply his money isn't tied to his basketball career? WTF.

Big difference between winning and losing, and what jersey you happen to be wearing while you do it. Winning counts. What market you're in, doesn't.

Oh, and winning isn't the only thing Lebron has going for him, either. Players are known for the team they play for the most, or played for during their best years. Shaq will probably always be known for his MVP's with the Lakers. MJ will always be known for the Bulls, and very few people will remember Karl Malone played 1 or 2 years with the Lakers.

Clyde Drexler won 2 titles with the Rockets, but I'll bet you at least half of the people who watched him play, still thought about all those great years as "the Glide" in Portland.

Quote:
uh... how about you're whole damn team sherlock. they all signed the petition except for lebron and damon.

First off, the petition you're referring to was signed by a bunch of guys who are pretty much not with the team anymore. There's probably a handful of guys left from that petition.

Second off, I said SUPERSTARS.

Are you implying that our entire team was composed of superstars? I can't begin to predict how many laughs that will get around the board.


Quote:
Lebron had an opportunity to use his celebrity athlete status as a political force but he shied away because Nike asked him not to. Lebron is NIKE's best basketball star right now they aren't going to fire him. He could've made a stand but he is not the type of guy to be concered with human rights issues.

Learn all that by being one of his inside guys, did you? Oh wait, no. You just read a bunch of bs in the papers and made a lot of assumptions.

Quote:
why the hell do you sign your posts just to let everyone know what you just said was some wacked out homer ****?

Let me abuse you one last time.

First off, if you think you're the first person to bi+ch about me signing my name, you're not. So tough luck there. Second, if you think it changes anything, it doesn't. So I trust you won't be stupid enough to bring it up again.

Lastly, go ahead and ask any Cavs fan on this board and they will tell you I'm the most critical person on this board as far as the Cavs go.

My god damn avatar is a picture of the Cavs coach x'ed out.

So there goes your homer theory.

Mathius

Last edited by Mathius : 03-31-2008 at 05:44 PM.
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:55 PM   #34
shaoyut
National High School Star
 
shaoyut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,108
shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Lebron's Future

put lebron with dwight howard then it would be like kobe and shaq
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:18 PM   #35
dr aj
I airball my layups
 
dr aj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Here there, everywhere
Posts: 63
dr aj has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Lebron's Future

The Cavs need to get the right supporting cast.
LeBron will stay if they do.
dr aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:21 PM   #36
final.wrath
Banned
 
final.wrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,733
final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation
Default Re: Lebron's Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Do you know how stupid what you just wrote sounds? He has a clause in his contract that if he plays for a big market he makes more money?

Read that again.

HIS CONTRACT IS WITH THE CAVALIERS, WHY WOULD THEY WANT HIM TO PLAY FOR ANOTHER TEAM?

The BS you are referring to is his contract with Nike.

why are you trying to insinuate I was ever talking about his NBA contract?

Quote:
Make more money from Nike and lose all your other endorsements because your team sucks, or win with your current team, keep all your endorsements and make new ones, and possibly lose a little bit of money through Nike?

New Jersey has a good chance of having a better supporting cast for Lebron than Cleveland does in 2009-2010. Regardless, Lebron wouldn't lose any endorsements even if he was on a losing team. Did you see all those Dwyane Wade commercials this year?


Quote:
Big difference between winning and losing, and what jersey you happen to be wearing while you do it. Winning counts. What market you're in, doesn't.

c'mon man. if Lebron went to LA or New York he'd be selling a lot more jerseys than in cleveland. its that simple. yes the market is international but a lot of money comes from the home fans who root for him.



Quote:
First off, the petition you're referring to was signed by a bunch of guys who are pretty much not with the team anymore. There's probably a handful of guys left from that petition.

Second off, I said SUPERSTARS.

Are you implying that our entire team was composed of superstars? I can't begin to predict how many laughs that will get around the board.

see thats you're whole thing your just trying to get laughs out of the board and please others instead of make rational arguments of your own. if you weren't you wouldn't waste your time acting like a made a statement that you're whole team was superstars.

forget that whole darfur thing. i was just trying to say...look here is how lebron acted in one ethical situation. it could POSSIBLY reflect on how he feels about loyalty.


Quote:
Learn all that by being one of his inside guys, did you? Oh wait, no. You just read a bunch of bs in the papers and made a lot of assumptions.

haha like you are an inside guy? shut up.


Quote:
Let me abuse you one last time.

First off, if you think you're the first person to bi+ch about me signing my name, you're not. So tough luck there. Second, if you think it changes anything, it doesn't. So I trust you won't be stupid enough to bring it up again.

personally i think its because you're a big loser. you want to establish your own personality on the board and be a memorable character. people who have message board egos have likely suffered much more mental abuse than anything you're trying to dish out.

Quote:
So there goes your homer theory.

you're a homer in the sense that

1) You have a very idealistic view of Lebron as some hometown hero
2) You dismiss the New Jersey Nets who are clearing cap space, have valuable trade bait, and two young stars as a garbage team with no future and no alure to lebron... even though one of his close friends is an owner and they are building a brand new arena in brooklyn.

Mathius
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 04:41 PM   #37
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >
 
Nets fan 93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NewJersey Beast:Plumlee!!
Posts: 9,918
Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lebron's Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
why are you trying to insinuate I was ever talking about his NBA contract?



New Jersey has a good chance of having a better supporting cast for Lebron than Cleveland does in 2009-2010. Regardless, Lebron wouldn't lose any endorsements even if he was on a losing team. Did you see all those Dwyane Wade commercials this year?




c'mon man. if Lebron went to LA or New York he'd be selling a lot more jerseys than in cleveland. its that simple. yes the market is international but a lot of money comes from the home fans who root for him.





see thats you're whole thing your just trying to get laughs out of the board and please others instead of make rational arguments of your own. if you weren't you wouldn't waste your time acting like a made a statement that you're whole team was superstars.

forget that whole darfur thing. i was just trying to say...look here is how lebron acted in one ethical situation. it could POSSIBLY reflect on how he feels about loyalty.




haha like you are an inside guy? shut up.




personally i think its because you're a big loser. you want to establish your own personality on the board and be a memorable character. people who have message board egos have likely suffered much more mental abuse than anything you're trying to dish out.



you're a homer in the sense that

1) You have a very idealistic view of Lebron as some hometown hero
2) You dismiss the New Jersey Nets who are clearing cap space, have valuable trade bait, and two young stars as a garbage team with no future and no alure to lebron... even though one of his close friends is an owner and they are building a brand new arena in brooklyn.

Mathius

ah i cant wait for 2 years to come Lets go Brooklyn!!!!!!!!!!
...oh and Lebron
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 06:13 PM   #38
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northeast OH
Posts: 6,103
Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Lebron's Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
New Jersey has a good chance of having a better supporting cast for Lebron than Cleveland does in 2009-2010. Regardless, Lebron wouldn't lose any endorsements even if he was on a losing team. Did you see all those Dwyane Wade commercials this year?

You're so clueless it's laughable. Did you know Dwayne Wade was answering phones the other day for season ticket holders? Fact. Printed in the newspaper. Fact. That's what this so-called superstar is up to these days.

What the hell makes you think NJ is going to be in better shape by 2009 than the Cavs?

You're talking about an organization with a history of losing up until a guy named Jason Kidd came around, unless you want to go back to the ABA days.

The Cavs have a chance to dump Ben Wallace, Devin Brown, Delonte West, Joe Smith, Eric Snow, Wally S, and Damon Jones before Lebron's contract is up. We don't even have to do anything, just let them expire. Do you know how much money that adds up to? Don't talk to me about NJ's cap space.

Quote:
c'mon man. if Lebron went to LA or New York he'd be selling a lot more jerseys than in cleveland. its that simple. yes the market is international but a lot of money comes from the home fans who root for him.

And how does that logic work? Because there are more people living in Brooklyn? Is that what you're insinuating works? Lebron is global now. He can't get any bigger. The only way he's going to make any more money is outside of basketball, and those sales are going to be directly propelled by him winning.

Quote:
see thats you're whole thing your just trying to get laughs out of the board and please others instead of make rational arguments of your own. if you weren't you wouldn't waste your time acting like a made a statement that you're whole team was superstars.

I don't consider your ideas rational. Bringing up Darfur, and the fact that he has Chosen One on his back, or his reaction to a question about Starbury basketball shoes. Those are the kind of juvenile, uneducated responses I expect from this board.

As if you can judge a celebrity by what you hear in the media. You want to question his values? How about the fact that he's stuck by his high school sweetheart through 5 years in the NBA, he's grown up here and had a huge house built in the area, because he's obviously happy here. See? I can play on media stories too. The fact is, nobody knows what Lebron is like except the people he hangs out with daily.

You guys talk about his relationship with Jay-Z as if he isn't just simply allowed to have friends. No way, it must be business related! I sure as hell wouldn't work for my best friend. WAY too many complications there.

Quote:
you're a homer in the sense that

1) You have a very idealistic view of Lebron as some hometown hero
2) You dismiss the New Jersey Nets who are clearing cap space, have valuable trade bait, and two young stars as a garbage team with no future and no alure to lebron... even though one of his close friends is an owner and they are building a brand new arena in brooklyn.

Mathius

1. I don't have an idealistic view of $hi+. If Lebron left Cleveland, I wouldn't follow his basketball career anymore than any other guy in the league. I followed this franchise long before he came around, and will long after. But if you guys are going to spout ridiculous drivel, I'll pipe in from time to time.

2. YOU dismiss the fact that just about our whole roster except for Z, Andy, and Sasha expires before Lebron's contract is up. Don't talk to me about NJ's cap space, because I'll just laugh in your face. YOU overlook the fact that Lebron grew up watching this franchise, never mind a relationship with his friend he met after becoming a superstar, AND the fact that Dan Gilbert has already proven he's not afraid to dump as much cash as necessary to both sign good players, AND renovate and update the Q, to keep it as fun an atmosphere as possible.

Your whole big thing is, you say Lebron is leaving because of Jay Z, and his Nike contract, but you can't list a single reason why he shouldn't be happy where he is.

Ferry has proven he isn't afraid to shake things up as much as possible to get the pieces we need here in town.

And lastly, you don't have a damn clue what Cleveland fans are all about. Because we have more team spirit, more loyalty than any other city in the world, and you'll NEVER understand that.

If Lebron leaves, that would be his loss, not ours. We'll be here long after he's gone.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:33 PM   #39
final.wrath
Banned
 
final.wrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,733
final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation
Default Re: Lebron's Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
You're so clueless it's laughable. Did you know Dwayne Wade was answering phones the other day for season ticket holders? Fact. Printed in the newspaper. Fact. That's what this so-called superstar is up to these days.

um... yeah exactly. is he in your 5? tmobile doesn't seem to give a **** that hes losing. and nike sure didn't drop him. he has had at least as many commercials as lebron.

Quote:
What the hell makes you think NJ is going to be in better shape by 2009 than the Cavs?

because the have devin harris and richard jefferson. vince carter will most likely be shipped out for young players, cap space, and draft picks. sean williams might be a shot blocking leader by 2010. the nets have a lot of potential. cavs can't really match that. yeah they can get back near the salary cap limit but they can't get under it enough to bring a player in that would match a supporting cast of devin harris and jefferson.

Quote:
You're talking about an organization with a history of losing up until a guy named Jason Kidd came around, unless you want to go back to the ABA days.

have the cavs ever won a championship? i don't think so correct me if i'm wrong.

Quote:
The Cavs have a chance to dump Ben Wallace, Devin Brown, Delonte West, Joe Smith, Eric Snow, Wally S, and Damon Jones before Lebron's contract is up. We don't even have to do anything, just let them expire. Do you know how much money that adds up to? Don't talk to me about NJ's cap space.

a chance to dump ben wallace... i guess. if somebody wants to take on that expirer and hand the cavaliers a good player then maybe you've got that Gasol-In-Your-Lap luck but I wouldn't bet on it. devin brown is negligable on the salary cap. delonte west is a good young pg with a low salary i don't see a point in dumping him. ilgauskas sure won't pass up on his contract option in 2009...

NJ has a much better salary cap situation.

Quote:
And how does that logic work? Because there are more people living in Brooklyn? Is that what you're insinuating works? Lebron is global now. He can't get any bigger. The only way he's going to make any more money is outside of basketball, and those sales are going to be directly propelled by him winning.

okay you're a fool for saying lebron can't get any bigger. he hasn't even won a championship yet. he has the potential to have a legacy similar to michael jordan. he's that good. he's going to get A LOT bigger.

yeah there are more people in brooklyn and new york. you know all of new york is going to be rooting for brooklyn if they get lebron and probably even if they don't. also new jersey and the non-celtic small east coast states...
yes winning helps your sales but the local market is important too. you see a lot more lebron jerseys in ohio than anywhere else obviously. theres a much bigger opportunity to sell jerseys and gear in brooklyn than in cleveland. thats why nike even bothers to include motivation for him to leave cleveland.


Quote:
I don't consider your ideas rational. Bringing up Darfur, and the fact that he has Chosen One on his back, or his reaction to a question about Starbury basketball shoes. Those are the kind of juvenile, uneducated responses I expect from this board.

one problem is that I never said anything about his tattoo or starburys. like i said the darfur thing is just speculation on his personality so don't worry about it if you don't follow my reasoning.

Quote:
As if you can judge a celebrity by what you hear in the media. You want to question his values? How about the fact that he's stuck by his high school sweetheart through 5 years in the NBA, he's grown up here and had a huge house built in the area, because he's obviously happy here. See? I can play on media stories too. The fact is, nobody knows what Lebron is like except the people he hangs out with daily.

so then why are you talking about him like you have a better idea of who he is?
you don't think he's cheated on his girl multiple times?
you don't think he would purchase a big house no matter what? he's rich man.

Quote:
You guys talk about his relationship with Jay-Z as if he isn't just simply allowed to have friends. No way, it must be business related! I sure as hell wouldn't work for my best friend. WAY too many complications there.

its not like Jay Z would be his boss he's just a part owner.


Quote:
1. I don't have an idealistic view of $hi+. If Lebron left Cleveland, I wouldn't follow his basketball career anymore than any other guy in the league. I followed this franchise long before he came around, and will long after. But if you guys are going to spout ridiculous drivel, I'll pipe in from time to time.
you'd probably cry or at least get really upset
Quote:
2. YOU dismiss the fact that just about our whole roster except for Z, Andy, and Sasha expires before Lebron's contract is up. Don't talk to me about NJ's cap space, because I'll just laugh in your face. YOU overlook the fact that Lebron grew up watching this franchise, never mind a relationship with his friend he met after becoming a superstar, AND the fact that Dan Gilbert has already proven he's not afraid to dump as much cash as necessary to both sign good players, AND renovate and update the Q, to keep it as fun an atmosphere as possible.

you'll laugh in my face? in 2009-10 the cavs have a salary commitment of 52 million... not much room to get help. The Nets? 34 Million. Enough to offer Lebron a max contract. By the way that 34 million is assuming the Nets still have that massive Vince Carter contract on the books.

and by the way Jay Z met Lebron way back in high school, not after becoming a superstar.




Quote:
Your whole big thing is, you say Lebron is leaving because of Jay Z, and his Nike contract, but you can't list a single reason why he shouldn't be happy where he is.
I think he'll go where he has the best opportunity to win a championship. The Nets have a better young core than Cleveland. If Lebron can carry a bottom dweller team (without him) to the Finals imagine what he could do with an actual well built supporting cast.

Quote:
And lastly, you don't have a damn clue what Cleveland fans are all about. Because we have more team spirit, more loyalty than any other city in the world, and you'll NEVER understand that.

LOL don't get sentimental especially since I never said anything about Cleveland fans. I just called you a homer by the way you're looking at this issue.
Whats your sellout streak by the way? I don't think Cleveland has the best fans sorry. Your whole franchise is about one player I don't think you'd have a strong fanbase without him. Cleveland is not known for great fans the way the Pistons, Warriors, Kings are. And I guess the Celtics this season.

Quote:
If Lebron leaves, that would be his loss, not ours. We'll be here long after he's gone.

Haha HIS LOSS? LOL Lebron James is the best thing to ever happen to Cleveland you act like somehow he would have more to lose by leaving than you. You're crazy.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:19 PM   #40
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northeast OH
Posts: 6,103
Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Lebron's Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
because the have devin harris and richard jefferson. vince carter will most likely be shipped out for young players, cap space, and draft picks. sean williams might be a shot blocking leader by 2010. the nets have a lot of potential. cavs can't really match that. yeah they can get back near the salary cap limit but they can't get under it enough to bring a player in that would match a supporting cast of devin harris and jefferson.

Again, laughable. Harris is nobodies superstar. He's making it in this league because he's fast. Period. Jefferson is solid, but you seem to forget he plays the same damn position as Lebron.

And you keep bringing up cap space as if that's a legitimate building block. When was the last time a team signed a free agent that took them to the promise land?

Teams are built on good drafts, key trades, and picking up solid veteran free agents to fill in the gaps.

Cap space is so overrated, I could puke. Orlando just spent a whole s-load of money on Rashard Lewis and he isn't even the SECOND best forward on his team.

Quote:
have the cavs ever won a championship? i don't think so correct me if i'm wrong.

Right, but NJ has? Oh wait. No they haven't. They won 2 in the ABA. This is the NBA. Next.

Quote:
a chance to dump ben wallace... i guess. if somebody wants to take on that expirer and hand the cavaliers a good player then maybe you've got that Gasol-In-Your-Lap luck but I wouldn't bet on it. devin brown is negligable on the salary cap. delonte west is a good young pg with a low salary i don't see a point in dumping him. ilgauskas sure won't pass up on his contract option in 2009...

NJ has a much better salary cap situation.

Why am I even arguing with you? You can't even read.

Nobody brought up Z except in an earlier discussion about him being Lebron's favorite player. And you completely ignore the fact that I said our whole roster is expirer, and try to mince words on a few players salaries.

And again. Cap space is overrated as hell.

Quote:
okay you're a fool for saying lebron can't get any bigger. he hasn't even won a championship yet. he has the potential to have a legacy similar to michael jordan. he's that good. he's going to get A LOT bigger.

No, he's not. Not as a basketball player he isn't. His game will get better, but he can't get any more popular, period. His business success will get bigger, but not his basketball image. Whether he stays in Cleveland, or goes to NY, means nothing to his basketball popularity. He can't get any bigger.

Not unless people just stop rooting for their favorite players altogether and just jump on Lebron's bandwagon.

Quote:
one problem is that I never said anything about his tattoo or starburys. like i said the darfur thing is just speculation on his personality so don't worry about it if you don't follow my reasoning.

Gee, that's because as usual, you can't read. Nobody on this board can apparently. I referenced the entire board when I made that statement.

That's why it says,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Those are the kind of juvenile, uneducated responses I expect from this board.

Quote:
so then why are you talking about him like you have a better idea of who he is?

For the simple fact that I DO have a better idea of who he is. The reason I have a better idea of who he is, is because _I_ don't make stupid assumptions about him.

You've filled in his life history and opinions with a bunch of bs you surmised, or read somewhere. I have a blank slate, and therefore that means I can't be wrong.

Quote:
you'll laugh in my face? in 2009-10 the cavs have a salary commitment of 52 million... not much room to get help. The Nets? 34 Million.

Where the hell are you getting these numbers? Every one of the players we just picked up either expire outright before James, or will be tradable because they will expire the same time. That doesn't include Damon Jones, Eric Snow, or Devin Brown who weren't part of any trade.

And don't tell me nobody will want to trade for cap space, with Lebron and Wade going into the market the following season.

Quote:
Enough to offer Lebron a max contract. By the way that 34 million is assuming the Nets still have that massive Vince Carter contract on the books.

HAHAHAHHA

YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW THIS $HIT WORKS!

Hey genius. Because Lebron already plays for the Cavs? They can match any offer he gets, because they're allowed to go over the cap to resign him. It's called Bird rights.

That means the Cavs can offer him more money than anyone else. Period. Unless Dan Gilbert runs out of money.

Quote:
and by the way Jay Z met Lebron way back in high school, not after becoming a superstar.

Lebron was a superstar in high school, moron.

Quote:
I think he'll go where he has the best opportunity to win a championship. The Nets have a better young core than Cleveland. If Lebron can carry a bottom dweller team (without him) to the Finals imagine what he could do with an actual well built supporting cast.

So what then? You're whole argument is that NJ's GM is better than the Cavs GM? Is that the bottom line?

That's extremely debatable.

Quote:
LOL don't get sentimental especially since I never said anything about Cleveland fans. I just called you a homer by the way you're looking at this issue.
Whats your sellout streak by the way? I don't think Cleveland has the best fans sorry. Your whole franchise is about one player I don't think you'd have a strong fanbase without him. Cleveland is not known for great fans the way the Pistons, Warriors, Kings are. And I guess the Celtics this season.

Dude. You don't have a clue. This city has been supporting the Cavs, Browns, and the Indians through more losing seasons than any other team in the history of sports. We have 0 titles, period. We have a few trips to the World Series, and 1 Eastern Conference Championship. But we're still there day after day, week after week supporting our teams.

Our loyalty was so much that the Browns were awarded a chance at a new franchise less than a month after Art Modell stole the team away in the night.

So don't even try to argue to me about all these other cities, because it isn't even close.

Quote:
Haha HIS LOSS? LOL Lebron James is the best thing to ever happen to Cleveland you act like somehow he would have more to lose by leaving than you. You're crazy.

No, I'm not crazy, I'm a Cleveland sports fan. You don't have a clue what that's about.

Mathius

Last edited by Mathius : 04-04-2008 at 05:24 PM.
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:51 PM   #41
final.wrath
Banned
 
final.wrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,733
final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation
Default Re: Lebron's Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius

And you keep bringing up cap space as if that's a legitimate building block. When was the last time a team signed a free agent that took them to the promise land?

uh... Shaq for one.

Signing Lebron and providing him with a decent supporting cast is all you need to be a contender. Look at the crap Cleveland has around him.

Quote:
Right, but NJ has? Oh wait. No they haven't. They won 2 in the ABA. This is the NBA. Next.

im saying they're in the same boat as cleveland you kept ragging on New Jersey for being a program with a history of losing... so is cleveland.

Quote:
Why am I even arguing with you? You can't even read.

Nobody brought up Z except in an earlier discussion about him being Lebron's favorite player. And you completely ignore the fact that I said our whole roster is expirer, and try to mince words on a few players salaries.

And again. Cap space is overrated as hell.

okay you're whole roster is not expirers... what the hell...

I brought up Z because he's relevant to the cav's cap space. just because you didn't mention him doesn't mean he can't be mentioned.


Quote:
No, he's not. Not as a basketball player he isn't. His game will get better, but he can't get any more popular, period. His business success will get bigger, but not his basketball image. Whether he stays in Cleveland, or goes to NY, means nothing to his basketball popularity. He can't get any bigger.

okay keep saying that you're a fool Lebron has only played 5 years now jesus. he's only going to get better and more popular.

Quote:
Not unless people just stop rooting for their favorite players altogether and just jump on Lebron's bandwagon.

no you don't have to stop rooting for favorite players for other players to gain popularity.


Quote:
You've filled in his life history and opinions with a bunch of bs you surmised, or read somewhere. I have a blank slate, and therefore that means I can't be wrong.

I filled in his life history? Whaaaat? I made one statement about that Darfur situation and also his relationship with Jay Z I gave an article. You are a hilarious opponent.

Quote:
Where the hell are you getting these numbers? Every one of the players we just picked up either expire outright before James, or will be tradable because they will expire the same time. That doesn't include Damon Jones, Eric Snow, or Devin Brown who weren't part of any trade.

Okay I stand corrected. Apparently the opt out clause is for the summer of 2010 not 2009.

Quote:
And don't tell me nobody will want to trade for cap space, with Lebron and Wade going into the market the following season.

lol but remember how overrated cap space is

Quote:
YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW THIS $HIT WORKS!

Hey genius. Because Lebron already plays for the Cavs? They can match any offer he gets, because they're allowed to go over the cap to resign him. It's called Bird rights.

yeah i know what bird rights are. i'm just saying new jersey can make a legit offer. never did I say cleveland can't pay him the same or more money.


Quote:
Lebron was a superstar in high school, moron.

if you say so. you aren't a superstar to me unless you succeed in the NBA.

Quote:
So what then? You're whole argument is that NJ's GM is better than the Cavs GM? Is that the bottom line?
That's extremely debatable.

lol i never said anything like that but its probably true.

Quote:
So don't even try to argue to me about all these other cities, because it isn't even close.

No, I'm not crazy, I'm a Cleveland sports fan. You don't have a clue what that's about.

in terms of NBA fanbase cleveland isn't top 5.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:20 AM   #42
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northeast OH
Posts: 6,103
Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Lebron's Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
uh... Shaq for one.

That was a perfect storm and you damn well know it. The Lakers turned Shaq into a title 2 years later AFTER they made some more key trades and signings, which is what I damn well said in the first place. AND they banked heavily on the fact that Kobe developed as planned. If Kobe hadn't panned out, the Shaq signing is worthless. Just who does NJ OR Cleveland have on their roster that's going to turn into another Kobe? ( and don't say Lebron retard, you know what I'm talking about )

Quote:
Signing Lebron and providing him with a decent supporting cast is all you need to be a contender. Look at the crap Cleveland has around him.

You've got a very interesting idea of what a "contender" is, considering the West is stacked as hell. You think Cleveland got embarassed in the Finals soley because Lebron has "crap" around him? Right now Boston is the only team that could contend with the West, period. Moving Lebron around to a bunch of crap rosters isn't going to change that.

Quote:
im saying they're in the same boat as cleveland you kept ragging on New Jersey for being a program with a history of losing... so is cleveland.

Great, so here you go talking in circles again. Can't you even stay with one point? First you say NJ is a better situation for him, and then you point out that neither franchise has a history of winning. Then later, you don't give a very committed answer about NJ having a better GM, so WTF? You think the practice will change?

Quote:
okay you're whole roster is not expirers... what the hell...

Close enough. The only guys off the top of my head who won't, is Andy, Sasha, and Z. Z isn't going anywhere at this point, unless he's good for a big trade, and Sasha and Andy are what they are. Andy might be worth something in a trade at some point, and Sasha has been a huge disappointment to some (not me, because I pretty much knew he was crap).

Quote:
I brought up Z because he's relevant to the cav's cap space. just because you didn't mention him doesn't mean he can't be mentioned.

No, he isn't relevant, because he's worth every penny he's making. Without Z, this team goes nowhere, Lebron or no Lebron. He's probably the most underrated center in the league. He can hit an open jumper out to about 18 feet, so that means he creates huge spacing issues for the defense. He is always among the league leaders in offensive rebounds, and his defensive rebounds go up with his minutes. I could go on and on about Z.

Quote:
okay keep saying that you're a fool Lebron has only played 5 years now jesus. he's only going to get better and more popular.

Yeah, you're right. Lebron will get more popular when Kobe retires and all his ******gers have to transfer their loyalty somewhere. You can't go up from the top, retard. Is anyone making more money than him that's an active player? Shaq maybe? Wade? Doubtful.

Quote:
I filled in his life history? Whaaaat? I made one statement about that Darfur situation and also his relationship with Jay Z I gave an article. You are a hilarious opponent.

Yeah, _I'm_ hilarious. You go on a rant about how unethical Lebron is based on one god damn article you read and then use that as a direct correlation as to how that's why he's going to leave his current team because his friend is building a team, and MY logic is flawed?

Quote:
Okay I stand corrected. Apparently the opt out clause is for the summer of 2010 not 2009.

That's a pretty big god damn oversight, pal.

Quote:
lol but remember how overrated cap space is

No crap, but that's not going to stop other teams from trading for it, hoping that Lebron will leave for their team. They almost have to. Their owners are going to be breathing down their neck wanting to get out of their cap situations, because owners don't want to waste money, and their fans are going to be *****ing for them to do something to get Lebron, or Wade. The only teams this isn't going to effect are the ones who are already contenders and happy with what they have.

Quote:
yeah i know what bird rights are. i'm just saying new jersey can make a legit offer. never did I say cleveland can't pay him the same or more money.


Ok, mince words again. "I didn't say Cleveland can't pay him more. I just said":
Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
The Nets? 34 Million. Enough to offer Lebron a max contract. By the way that 34 million is assuming the Nets still have that massive Vince Carter contract on the books.



Oh, btw. I'd love to see how the Nets are going to have 34 million in cap space and still resign these great budding young superstars you're ranting about (Devin Harris, Richard Jefferson).

You're a joke.

Quote:
if you say so. you aren't a superstar to me unless you succeed in the NBA.

Why the hell do you think people on this board hate him so much? Because people were calling him the next Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson before he even came out. I'd be willing to bet he had more people watching his h.s. games than over half the college arenas get in attendance, and possibly some nba games.

He also had an a$$load of media coverage already. That's not the definition of a superstar? Get a life.

Quote:
lol i never said anything like that but its probably true.

I don't even know what the hell that uncommitted response is supposed to mean? What's probably true? That NJ has a better GM, or that it's debatable?

Quote:
in terms of NBA fanbase cleveland isn't top 5.

I can't wait to hear where you came up with that statistic.

That's the problem with you retards that have to rank everything. It's just f'ing numbers.

I know we have the best damn fans because I watched them out there rooting for losers like Corey Snyder, Craig Ehlo, Gerald Wilkins, Brook Jacoby, Ira Newble, Wesley Person, Lamond Murray, Tim Couch, Holocomb, etc. making them look like they were heroes when they were bench players on any other team in their respective leagues.

Mathius

Last edited by Mathius : 04-05-2008 at 10:27 AM.
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:22 AM   #43
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northeast OH
Posts: 6,103
Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Lebron's Future

And where the hell are all you supposed Cavs fans on this board while this idiot is bashing your city, and questioning our dedication as fans?

More than half of you bastards did nothing but criticize me last year for how negative I was about the Cavs, and our chances, but now that I'm defending the city, you guys all go run and hide in your closets?

I'm talking about what great fans you guys are and you idiots can't take the time to say, 'Boo'.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:19 PM   #44
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >
 
Nets fan 93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NewJersey Beast:Plumlee!!
Posts: 9,918
Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lebron's Future

they aint saying anything because its true! Lebron is going to Brooklyn and we will win a championship!!
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 02:01 PM   #45
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northeast OH
Posts: 6,103
Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Lebron's Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
they aint saying anything because its true! Lebron is going to Brooklyn and we will win a championship!!

At least final.wraith is trying to argue his pathetic points. You haven't added anything intelligent to this thread at all except for fanboy nonsense.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:35 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy