Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 08-02-2006, 12:01 AM   #1
fan_since_85
Kids at the park dunk on me

Default New coach same team?

I read an article about coach Musselman that spoke about his success with Golden State without making many roster changes, which leadsme to believe that the Kings will not be making any big moves. Do you like the team the way it is? Can he take us past the first round with the current roster even though we're missing Bonzi? Personally I think the Kings are still missing a piece.
fan_since_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:17 AM   #2
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

we almost made it past the first round with adelman and a nonexistent brad miller, of course we can make it out of the first round with this roster; however, Im pretty sure the kings are going to make changes because they can. Bonzi can't make more than the MLE unless he get a S&T deal. Thomas and Shareef play the same positions and have the same weaknesses. Potapenko is an expiring contract. Hart needs to get out of sacramento.
^^^^= Kings can and probably will make moves
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:21 AM   #3
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Thumbs down this is...*** off!

Year after year it's the same thing...

"Oooh the Luxury Tax is going to hurt us."

Cheapskates.

The Maloofs build a brand new resort in Vegas and they don't even want to build an arena here. They are rich and don't want to pay most of the dues...Kings will be in Las Vegas in 3 years..bank it.

Anyways, I went off track there. Hopefully Muss will bring in more of a defensive attitude and motivate guys to actually play hard. Play some serious D all the time and trust your teammates...I know Adelman never trusted his players...he never gave the guys off the bench a chance the past 2 years.

Good thing Bonzi got injured because Kevin Martin would've never cracked his shell with Adelman there.

I really didn't like Adelman. Bring us home Muss.

Last edited by Kiss Murder : 08-02-2006 at 01:23 AM.
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:22 AM   #4
BradMiller52
Kings fan

NBA doesn't want a team in vegas, atleast not right now.

Anyway I hate the roster right now. I don't think we'll make it past the first round. We have no shotblocking or rebounding. We lost our best rebounder and a starting calibre 2 guard in Bonzi FOR NOTHING. Petrie hasn't tried to get a shotblocker and it's really making me angry. Our interior defense is like Pamela Anderson's virginity-it left a long time ago.

I think Musselman will be a better coach FOR US than Adelman was. Adelman never used Skinner last season and as a result we lost him for Mr. Potato head. That's one shotblocker gone that Musselman could've used. We need more depth in the PF/C slot.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:49 PM   #5
fan_since_85
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Our interior defense is like Pamela Anderson's virginity-it left a long time ago. Adelman never used Skinner last season and as a result we lost him for Mr. Potato head.

I'm still recovering from the Webber trade.... imagine if it never happened.

PG - Bibby, Hart,
SG - Bonzi, Martin
Sf - Artest, Garcia
PF - Webber, Shareef
C - Miller

These guys beat the Spurs in the first round for sure. Webber was the only bad trade I've seen Petrie do yet.
fan_since_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 07:17 PM   #6
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan_since_85

PG - Bibby, Hart,
SG - Bonzi, Martin
Sf - Artest, Garcia
PF - Webber, Shareef
C - Miller

These guys beat the Spurs in the first round for sure. Webber was the only bad trade I've seen Petrie do yet.

The defense would've been awful and Shareef would never sign with us if Webber was still here(which I wish he was). He didn't know he'd get injured and come off the bench. Atleast that's my opinion. I still don't think we would've beaten SA but it's possible I guess.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:34 PM   #7
Buck
I airball my layups

Default Trading is the Third best Way of getting players

Many trades are made to create salary cap room. For instance, Webber was not and still is not worth around 20Mil. Some fans seem to think the owners have an unlimited amount to spend. There was some talk earlier about acquiring Allen Iverson. His $20Mil contract for five years would total $100Mil. and when you double that amount as a penalty for exceeding the Luxury Tax threshold, the total cost would be $200 Mil. Joe Maloof's net worth is only $200Mil. The point I'm trying to make is that the GM has to manage the money wisely--otherwise he could end up like the Knicks--$125Mil. for annual salaries and little to show for it.
Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 04:49 PM   #8
lawlerslaw100
Good High School Starter

Default Musselman

With lesser talent and a losing attitude, he almost put the City into the playoffs. This guy is a tough and defensive minded coach. His work ethic and will will put in the Kings barely into the playoffs. Maybe Bonzi's attitude and history is keeping the Kings from bringing him back. The Kings are in decline but have enough pride and history to stay a playoff team under Musselman.
lawlerslaw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:47 PM   #9
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

yall will still make the playoffs hopefully
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 08:44 PM   #10
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

You guys are going to regret firing Adelman.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 08:46 PM   #11
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan_since_85

PG - Bibby, Hart,
SG - Bonzi, Martin
Sf - Artest, Garcia
PF - Webber, Shareef
C - Miller

They wouldnt have had enough money for Abdur Rahim.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 08:55 PM   #12
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Many trades are made to create salary cap room. For instance, Webber was not and still is not worth around 20Mil. Some fans seem to think the owners have an unlimited amount to spend. There was some talk earlier about acquiring Allen Iverson. His $20Mil contract for five years would total $100Mil. and when you double that amount as a penalty for exceeding the Luxury Tax threshold, the total cost would be $200 Mil. Joe Maloof's net worth is only $200Mil. The point I'm trying to make is that the GM has to manage the money wisely--otherwise he could end up like the Knicks--$125Mil. for annual salaries and little to show for it.

That doesn't matter, you have to send out equal salaries anyway. Instead of paying 20 million for Potapenko, Kenny, and Corliss we'd be paying 20 million for Webber. Too be honest I don't really like either scenario. If Petrie can turn those expirings+Kenny into a good player then it's a good trade, if we get stuck with Kenny and they run out then it's a bad trade. It's that simple.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:52 PM   #13
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Arrow Lights will guide you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
That doesn't matter, you have to send out equal salaries anyway. Instead of paying 20 million for Potapenko, Kenny, and Corliss we'd be paying 20 million for Webber. Too be honest I don't really like either scenario. If Petrie can turn those expirings+Kenny into a good player then it's a good trade, if we get stuck with Kenny and they run out then it's a bad trade. It's that simple.

Yeah, we basically traded Chris for Kenny.

Old 08-16-2006, 01:03 PM   #14
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

not really, this team would have been a lot worse off with webber. The chemistery would be as bad as the knicks, because chris would never accept coming off the bench or admit he wasn't that good of a player anymore.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 06:41 PM   #15
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Arrow Through the madness...You wish...You live...in a matter of 5 minutes....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
not really, this team would have been a lot worse off with webber. The chemistery would be as bad as the knicks, because chris would never accept coming off the bench or admit he wasn't that good of a player anymore.

Well...chemistry is a hard thing to tell...You never know what really happens in the locker room..
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: