Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 07-08-2006, 04:25 PM   #1
Durant Durant
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Durant Durant has an OK reputation so far
Default David Stern's dream of the 'internation NBA'

I'm sure everyone here has heard Stern ramble on in an interview about how he wants to in the next ten years have a team or multiple teams outside North America and nobody seems to question him about it and it drives me nuts.

- Could you imagine the travel if a team played in Europe? Having to fly back and forth?
- Why would an American want to move out of the USA and play so far away from friends and family?

NBA fans in China and in Europe can just purchase an NBA TV package, no FA's are going to want to sign out in Europe, the whole concept is ridiculous and I wish Stern would keep the game here.
Durant Durant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 04:30 PM   #2
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Stern has some weird ideas, but I honestly don't believe that when he said he wanted to expand out of North America, he didn't mean just one league. It's the same concept as the NFL Europe. He could do an NBA Europe and a NBA Asia.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 04:30 PM   #3
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

i don't think he wants a 1 big league... think NFL europe... thats what he's aiming for.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 04:39 PM   #4
Durant Durant
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Durant Durant has an OK reputation so far

Well that's almost impossible as well, the teams in Europe have their roots deep and I just to see the NBA coming in and taking over...Lots of money in those leagues.
Durant Durant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 04:45 PM   #5
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

its an impossible idea at this point in time.
kentatm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 04:47 PM   #6
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Jerm has an OK reputation so far

Why create NBA Europe?...It's not like anybody gives a crap about NFL Europe?...It's American rejects that go there to play and the only spectators that show up come to use the washroom or sh!t on the grass.
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 04:57 PM   #7
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Why would an American want to move out of the USA and play so far away from friends and family?
Who cares what they want? Foreign players leave their family and friends all the time to play here. The millions of dollars will help them get over their homesickness.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 05:05 PM   #8
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

SecondFiddle has not been impressing people

He wants about 6-8 teams to go over to europe for the Pre-season and play a couple of euro league teams in a tournament
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 05:17 PM   #9
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

you can't have everyone in the same league, the traveling would be too much, home teams would have such an advantage. What I think would be cool if they had leagues in a whole bunch of different countries, and the winner of each country got together to play for the championship. I doubt people would wanna live outside the US though...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 05:28 PM   #10
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySupermanOnSteroids posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySupermanOnSteroids posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

isn't thats what they call the World Cup?
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 05:33 PM   #11
Locked_Up_Tonight
National High School Star

Locked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation here

Stern doesn't want international players to outshine american players. He wants international exposure. He wants the money from foreign countries watching the NBA. He wants the prestige of being able to say: look what I'm doing to make the game global. As long as the foreign players do not usurp the American kids.
Locked_Up_Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 05:37 PM   #12
IGGYIVERSON
High school junior varsity star

IGGYIVERSON has an OK reputation so far

no more teams Stern!!

the Grizzlies and the Raptors never shouldve been added.......let alone the Bobcats.
IGGYIVERSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:15 PM   #13
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It'd be cool to see 3 or 4 more Canadian teams.

Montreal, Vancouver, and Winnipeg? (Orealius will like that last one)
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:17 PM   #14
SomeBunghole
Banned

SomeBunghole has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
It'd be cool to see 3 or 4 more Canadian teams.

Montreal, Vancouver, and Winnipeg? (Orealius will like that last one)

Winnipeg couldn't support a hockey team, let alone a basketball one. I'd just as soon add another team in Toronto. In Scarborough, no less. Call it 'Boro Gangstaz.
SomeBunghole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:41 PM   #15
StarJordan
Irrational Jordan superfan

StarJordan is considered somewhat coolStarJordan is considered somewhat cool

It WILL be a reality over the next 10-20 years. It has to do with technology. If in the next 10 years, you can get a plane to do London to New York in 3 hours then it won't be a big deal.
StarJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: