Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-23-2008, 09:27 AM   #1
CantLooz
I airball my layups

Default Lakers Gauranteed To Make The Playoffs!

With my estimation the Lakers must just win 2 games minimum out of the last 11 games left of the season (10 after today). Here is why I say that they can lose all but 2 games:

1. Denver is down 7 games to the lakers. (11-7= 4). That would mean 4 games minimum right?

2. Well...Denver still has to go through Dallas, Phoenix(2times), Golden State(two times), Utah, & Houston out of their next 13 games. What are the odds that Denver will win all those games? I would say that at their best, they will still lose, at the minimum, 2 games if lucky playing against teams that have 40+ wins! That would mean even if they went 11-2 in the next 13 games, Lakers would just have to win 2 games to make the playoffs.

3. Golden State is 5.5 games behind the Lakers. In their next 14 games they will have to go through Lakers (2 times), Denver (2 times), Dallas (2 times), San Antonio, New Orleans, and Pheonix. Thats 9 games playing with teams that have 40+ wins. I would say if they even make the playoffs...they will be lucky...very lucky. Being that Denver has more of a favorable schedule (in my opinion). With 14 games left, what are the odds that the Warriors will be 10-4 in those games?

I say at the minimum, if the Lakers lose all but 2 games. They have a 99.9% chance of still makeing the playoffs.

SO WITH THAT SAID...CONGRATS!!! TO THE LAKERS!!!!
CantLooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:54 AM   #2
lingling247
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: Lakers Gauranteed To Make The Playoffs!

Cool! But we shouldn't let up. The odds only tell us that we have the biggest chance in the world to get in the PO. But this is the NBA we're talking about and you can never really tell when other teams will go in a run. But what the hell! Go Lakers!!
lingling247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:12 AM   #3
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Never count our chickens before they are hatched!!!!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:41 AM   #4
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

Don't put the wagon in front of the horse yet. Even though I'm predicting that we close out the season 11-2 but, we still have to play these games and anything can happen.. However lakers are starting to play better as of late without Pau it was looking tough for the purple and gold.

Much respect on your gaurantee to make the PO.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:07 AM   #5
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Don't put the wagon in front of the horse yet
It worked out fine for Dr. Porsche...

and the op..err we have not clinched any spot yet, i doubt a playoff spot will be clinched by any one until the final week... heck i think portland still has an outside chance
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: