Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 03-23-2008, 06:27 PM   #1
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here
Default Why is Deandre Jordan a high pick?

Im just saying this because Kevin Love is really at the 20s right now.. and people are saying Deandre is at top 5 or top 10?? This guy doesnt convince me... some explain to me amazing things hes done
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:08 PM   #2
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation
Default Re: Why is Deandre Jordan a high pick?

Basically just a potential pick at this point.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:37 PM   #3
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

19 pts 11 reb 7 blocks... is not athletic??

Deandre jordan is athletic but he sucks.. i jsut realized stat wise on his last game he was 4 pts 3 reb
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:14 PM   #4
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by danumber88
19 pts 11 reb 7 blocks... is not athletic??

Deandre jordan is athletic but he sucks.. i jsut realized stat wise on his last game he was 4 pts 3 reb

Those stats don't make him athletic. Jordan has a high ceiling, and once he gets coached up a bit there's a chance he could be pretty special, most likely better than Love. Love will basically be a good role player in the NBA, maybe like Brad Miller. Jordan could end up being a FRANCHISE player, but there's much more risk involved with him.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:08 PM   #5
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

First Kwame, then Darko, and now?

DeAndre Jordan. It would be funny if Memphis drafted him.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:58 PM   #6
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

Jordan is not as advanced as Love and other guys like that. But he is an athletic 7-footer. Rembember Andrew Bynum's first year? I'm not sure he does much better than Jordan in college. Do you remember how well freshman did before the new age limit? If Love, Beasley, Rose, Gordon, and Mayo all go the NBA, Jordan isn't looking as horrible. I really see another Samual Dalembert, though. 10 points, 10 rebounds, and 2 blocks isn't out of the question. Not a franchise player, but a guy you would love to have in the middle.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:07 PM   #7
dak121
College superstar

Andrew Bynum was a much more skilled basketball player as a rookie. I remember one game in which he schooled the Knicks (when Curry was actually playing well) for around 20 and 10. I couldn't possibly see Jordan do that in the NBA next season, or even the year after that. The guy is a below average college player playing mostly against guys a half foot shorter than he is. What's he going to do against grown men that can actually play at a high level? He's going to look like Darko in his Detroit days.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:57 AM   #8
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

A black inside player has much more potentials than a white inside player. Jordan will be a risky pick(he could be as good as Tim Duncan or even worse than Olowokandi), but Kevin Love is unable to improve into a franchise player for sure. Therefore, I bet some GMs will take the risk to draft him, even though he won't be likely to make an impact even after 2 years.

If you still don't understand this, then think about this qestion: Why Marvin Williams as a substitute in UNC turned out to be a higher pick than both Felton and Sean May?
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:33 AM   #9
dak121
College superstar

It's not a black/white issue. It's a whether or not the guy can actually play basketball issue. And out of the 20 or so games that I have seen Jordan play the answer is obvious. He sucks at basketball. Even Kwame has looked more skilled and motivated than him. That's how much he sucks at it.

The GM that drafts Jordan ahead of Love will get fired in 2 years. And if Paxson drafts the guy it will be after next season.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:11 PM   #10
Robtastic
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Robtastic has an OK reputation so far

As said above, Love just doesn't have the game to be a prime-time player in the NBA. He's a great college talent, but most of his talents don't translate well. He relies too much on being bigger and taller than his opposition (6'9'' is a pretty good size for the college game), and can only really shoot from midrange or the college three when he's left open. He can't create for himself, and isn't as talented as similarly-sized players who did well for themselves in the NBA (Barkley, McDyess). Great college player, mediocre NBA player.

DeAndre Jordan definitely has upside, but after watching about 5 of his games this year I haven't seen anything that would make me take him that high in the draft. Maybe scouts know something we don't, but he lacks any kind of back-to-the-basket game and tends to get lost defensively. He may yet be good in the L, but he's got a ways to go.
Robtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:18 PM   #11
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robtastic
As said above, Love just doesn't have the game to be a prime-time player in the NBA. He's a great college talent, but most of his talents don't translate well. He relies too much on being bigger and taller than his opposition (6'9'' is a pretty good size for the college game), and can only really shoot from midrange or the college three when he's left open. He can't create for himself, and isn't as talented as similarly-sized players who did well for themselves in the NBA (Barkley, McDyess). Great college player, mediocre NBA player.

DeAndre Jordan definitely has upside, but after watching about 5 of his games this year I haven't seen anything that would make me take him that high in the draft. Maybe scouts know something we don't, but he lacks any kind of back-to-the-basket game and tends to get lost defensively. He may yet be good in the L, but he's got a ways to go.

Are you that dejordan guy?
Old 03-24-2008, 05:28 PM   #12
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

DeAndre Jordan needs another year or 2 in college. He was only measured 6'10" last summer too so hopefully he stays in college and really works on position and low post skills while maybe bulking up a bit more and growing an inch or two. He does seem like he could have a Dwight Howard type build if he works on it and if he spends a few more years in college he could have that type of body entering the NBA.

As for Love I am not a fan of his at all. I think he needs to lose some weight and overall he doesn't seem like an NBA quality player to me.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:05 PM   #13
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
DeAndre Jordan needs another year or 2 in college. He was only measured 6'10" last summer too so hopefully he stays in college and really works on position and low post skills while maybe bulking up a bit more and growing an inch or two. He does seem like he could have a Dwight Howard type build if he works on it and if he spends a few more years in college he could have that type of body entering the NBA.

As for Love I am not a fan of his at all. I think he needs to lose some weight and overall he doesn't seem like an NBA quality player to me.

How will he grow??! He is 20yo FFS!
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:23 PM   #14
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

He'd be a fool to leave Texas A&M and I think he owes Texas A&M another year. He hasnt given everything he possibly can and I think he can do so next year.

Hopefully this loss to UCLA can propel him to work harder on his game and develop a better range. He looks completely lost on offense.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:39 PM   #15
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
How will he grow??! He is 20yo FFS!

It's possible him to grow a bit more. Lebron was just over 6'7" when he was drafted and now says he's 6'9". Dwight Howard, Tyson Chandler, Andrew Bynum and others have grown since being drafted too. Bynum ended up a legit 7'1" barefoot.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: