Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 03-24-2008, 09:23 PM   #16
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Why is Deandre Jordan a high pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
He'd be a fool to leave Texas A&M and I think he owes Texas A&M another year. He hasnt given everything he possibly can and I think he can do so next year.

Hopefully this loss to UCLA can propel him to work harder on his game and develop a better range. He looks completely lost on offense.

He really needs to stay. Love humiliated him with those blocks. Even Thabeet has a better offensive game.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:11 PM   #17
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RGW0zoGGpvQ
That's why.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:46 AM   #18
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

Thank you IlliniFan and whoever brought up Marvin Williams. There is a huge difference between college and the NBA, as you all know so I won't go into that.

The NBA draft is a lot like the stock market. Everything is risk vs. reward. Everything is based on ups and downs. You need to peak right before the draft. Anyone who's stock is up now (Curry, Love, Lopez) will see their stock fall before the draft. Jordan's stock is way down. I don't know if any of you use the stock projection things where they do risk vs. reward, but if Jordan had that, he is a 10 on risk and a 10 on reward.

Plus in terms of the draft, I don't think he is going as high as everyone once projected. He hit a wall this season and dropped from a possible top 5 pick, down to a possible top 10 pick. I would put him in the 8-15 range right now.

I think that come draft time there will be an oil/water effect. The top layer will be Beasley and Rose. After that I think you have six guys, Mayo, Gordon, Bayless, Lopez, Thabeet, and Batum, who will go in the top 10 and fight out position. After that I think you have about 10 guys who will fight for the final lottery picks and the teens, in guys like Jordan, Griffin, Gallinari, Lopez, Arthur, Randolph, Augustine, Hibbert, and Collison off the top of my head. Of course there will be some mixing as a Gallinari may jump up to #6 or DJ White may go 16th or something, but for the most part I think that is how I would break down the layers of draft prospects right now.

Last edited by monthh : 03-25-2008 at 11:54 AM.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:52 PM   #19
Qlippers
Decent playground baller

Qlippers has an OK reputation so far

Deandre is just a high draft pick b/c of potential, the scouts see him as the Next Dwight Howard or Andrew Bynum. He has incredible hops, his hands are good and his size factors in. GMs are hoping, he would grow into his potential, they don't want another Bynum to slip by. Bynum coming into UCONN wasn't even good enough to be the backup center on the team, So i guess you never know. That's why it's called the Lottery.
Qlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 12:41 AM   #20
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

It's funny that he is no worst than Thabeet was last season and everyone is in love with him after this season. These guys need time to grow up. People need to remember that last years class was insane. This years group has 2 great players, but the rest are not all that great. This years draft kind of reminds me of those years where HS players became hot and you had so many busts, and those years where international players became hot and you had so many busts. With last year great freshman class, everyone assumes these guys will be as good. There will be some great players, but there will be some busts.

I think this issue relates to Jordan because we look at the numbers of Gordon, Love, Rose, Beasley, and all of these rare players and assume that Jordan can't turn into that kind of player. 10 years ago Jordan might have gone #1.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:05 AM   #21
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Id compare Deandre to Tyson Chandler best case.. he's raw and if he slips into the right system/coaching staff he could become a very good pro
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:53 AM   #22
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

ive heard alot of people say Jordan can have a good future in the NBA, and i think Kevin Love might too, but that's probably just because hes like my favorite CBB player.....
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:36 PM   #23
DatPrince
I brick open layups

DatPrince has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
Basically just a potential pick at this point.

u pretty much nailed it
DatPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:56 PM   #24
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I only watched him I think twice, but I don't get the hype either. People need to quit using "potential" like it's a basketball skill. If a player's got a 150 IQ instead of a 50 inch vertical, in many ways he's got just as much "potential" to be a great player but you never hear a players mental agility discussed EVER. Even though it's the most important part of an athlete's talents.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:22 PM   #25
D Domino31
I airball my layups

D Domino31 has an OK reputation so far

Wayy overrated.
D Domino31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:17 AM   #26
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

I wish in general college players would stick around for longer. There are exceptions obviously...Michael Beasley flat out dominated, theres no reason for him to waste his time against a lower level of competition. He is ready for the NBA now and should go.

People like DeAndre Jordan should stay and figure out what's going on first. He should be able to dominate competition with his size and athletism. Until he does, he should stay in college...It was the same thing with guys like Marvin Williams...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 11:33 AM   #27
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Too many mock drafts have the Bulls taking this reject. Scares the crap out of me. There isn't a worst fit in the entire NBA for a basketball idiot like D. Jordan than the Bulls.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:35 PM   #28
skan72
Deep dick pizza

skan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I only watched him I think twice, but I don't get the hype either. People need to quit using "potential" like it's a basketball skill. If a player's got a 150 IQ instead of a 50 inch vertical, in many ways he's got just as much "potential" to be a great player but you never hear a players mental agility discussed EVER. Even though it's the most important part of an athlete's talents.

People may stop using the word potential, but GMs won't. Lots of them see the risk and reward but they're "in a pickle" and have only won 20 some odd games this past season so they're hoping to draft some guy who has a ton of potential to get them out of the garbage can. It's the GMs and Experts who have created this aura of potential, and in some cases it works out, ala Dwight Howard, but in many it doesn't. But having won around 20 games makes it so that if the sure-fire stars such as Beasley and Rose are gone the GMs have to draft someone who has a ton of potential but may not be the best player at the time.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:17 PM   #29
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
that dunk was nasty, but he has only physical "potential"...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: