Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 03-24-2008, 02:26 AM   #1
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool
Default NBA 2k8 - How do you stop pick and roll cheesers?

Basically i've got this retard of a friend who just started playing and uses the lakers (bandwagon) and his defense is the steal and his offense is the pick and roll. 90% of his shots are either layups or dunks by kobe / gasol.

I've jacked up reaching in fouls so that he just won't spam the steal button. I've raised defensive awareness to 70 and sometimes (esp on good teams) the pass from the pick and roll gets picked off. Sometimes it doesn't work though, I have to manually try and intercept the ball with my pg.

It's freakin annoying coz he does the pick and roll with kobe and gasol, and if it doesn't work, he does it with gasol and bynum. I tried double teaming the ball handler before the pick gets set but sometimes the double team comes late.

Any suggestions?
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:31 AM   #2
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: NBA 2k8 - How do you stop pick and roll cheesers?

don't defend on the perimeter, use a center to defend the low block .. i got 30 assists in one game with chris paul once because it's so easy to throw the ball to someone who's even just jogging towards the free throw line , then they catch the ball and run the rest of the way for the dunk .
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:37 PM   #3
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
Basically i've got this retard of a friend who just started playing and uses the lakers (bandwagon) and his defense is the steal and his offense is the pick and roll. 90% of his shots are either layups or dunks by kobe / gasol.

I've jacked up reaching in fouls so that he just won't spam the steal button. I've raised defensive awareness to 70 and sometimes (esp on good teams) the pass from the pick and roll gets picked off. Sometimes it doesn't work though, I have to manually try and intercept the ball with my pg.

It's freakin annoying coz he does the pick and roll with kobe and gasol, and if it doesn't work, he does it with gasol and bynum. I tried double teaming the ball handler before the pick gets set but sometimes the double team comes late.

Any suggestions?
If gasol is the Pf play off of byum and just stand right outside the paint ready to contest the shot or take a charge.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:28 PM   #4
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

play 2-3 zone double team gasol and kobe in da post... to put double teams on go to player matchups.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:36 PM   #5
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
play 2-3 zone double team gasol and kobe in da post... to put double teams on go to player matchups.

Wow... thanks. I completely forgot about zone D. I used it a lot of times in 2k6-2k7 to stop my brother from cheesing with wade.

LOL for the lakers going with the zone on the final play of GS last night.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:05 PM   #6
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
Wow... thanks. I completely forgot about zone D. I used it a lot of times in 2k6-2k7 to stop my brother from cheesing with wade.

LOL for the lakers going with the zone on the final play of GS last night.
your welcome. good luck.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: